inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grape SEEDS

Written By: jaminhealth on 10/26/20 at 2:46 pm

Glad I found this base...and I'll start with this post and what I would do IF covid symptoms, first of all I am big on Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grape Seed Extract so my immune system is strong...

Now if I started to feel off, I would hit my body with Oscilloccium homeopathic remedy.  Works every time in my life for the flu season.    I get no vaccines but am up on all good stuff to put in my body.

Subject: What I would take if I felt Covid symptoms

Written By: Dude111 on 10/27/20 at 7:56 am

Im glad you feel so well honey and are being nice to your immune system :)

Subject: Re: What I would take if I felt Covid symptoms

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/20 at 8:01 am

You take good advice from your doctor.

Written By: jaminhealth on 10/30/20 at 2:07 pm

Ah, I've gotten a lot of bad advice from docs.  I'm my own mostly and rely on dr. google...

Plus this covid issue is so all over the place with so called advice and all the knowing authorities!!!!!!

First, is Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grapeseed Extract and these COULD possibly keep us from the dread covid...

Written By: 2001 on 10/30/20 at 2:50 pm

Get good sleep, which is impossible thanks to my morning insomnia  :D

Written By: jaminhealth on 10/30/20 at 2:52 pm

Morning only????  Millions are sleep deprived....

Not me, 8-10 hrs every night but I do have my combo which gives me healing sleep.  And NOT pharma drugs, for sure.

Written By: 2001 on 10/30/20 at 3:05 pm

Morning only????  Millions are sleep deprived....

Not me, 8-10 hrs every night but I do have my combo which gives me healing sleep.  And NOT pharma drugs, for sure.

I wake up at 4-6am and can't fall back asleep.  It only started recently after I did some weird experiments with my sleep schedule, so it might be related to that.

Written By: jaminhealth on 10/30/20 at 5:08 pm

A friend just found wonderful sleep by taking 1-2 Calms Forte' homeopathic tablets before bed and now sleeps a good 8 hrs....give a Calms Forte a chance.  I use  this in my sleep combo as well and have for years.  I suspect you can find it in your country.

Written By: Howard on 10/31/20 at 3:41 pm

Get good sleep, which is impossible thanks to my morning insomnia  :D

I try to get 6-7 hours of sleep.

Written By: 2001 on 10/31/20 at 4:14 pm

I try to get 6-7 hours of sleep.

7 hours is good. I try to get 7-9 hours but my dumb brain gets bored after 5 and wants to go do other things.  :D

I read Why We Sleep by the Matthew Walker over the summer and after reading that book I feel like I should be getting 11 hours of sleep, lol.

There are so many advantages to good sleep such as memory consolidation, mental alertness and sharpness and of course a strong immune system. Dreaming is very important too for emotional healing, therapy and creativity. Sleep is underrated!

Written By: jaminhealth on 10/31/20 at 9:29 pm

https://www.terrytalksnutrition.com/health-articles/high-opc-grape-seed-for-diabetes-heart-cancer-and-more/

The rest is history and I could list other reasons....

Written By: Howard on 11/01/20 at 4:16 am

7 hours is good. I try to get 7-9 hours but my dumb brain gets bored after 5 and wants to go do other things.  :D

I read Why We Sleep by the Matthew Walker over the summer and after reading that book I feel like I should be getting 11 hours of sleep, lol.

There are so many advantages to good sleep such as memory consolidation, mental alertness and sharpness and of course a strong immune system. Dreaming is very important too for emotional healing, therapy and creativity. Sleep is underrated!

I try to get good sleep sometimes, It can be a bit hard but at least I try and after I come home from work and take a quick shower I tend to nod off while listening to a podcast or doing something on my computer.

Subject: What I would take if I felt Covid symptoms

Written By: Dude111 on 11/01/20 at 5:52 am

A friend just found wonderful sleep by taking 1-2 Calms Forte' homeopathic tablets before bed and now sleeps a good 8 hrs....

Yup I take that also but still have problems sleeping... This year 2020 has been horrible for me in many ways.......

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/01/20 at 9:04 am

To sleep, perchance to dream...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/20 at 9:10 am

To sleep, perchance to dream...
...ay, there's the rub?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/01/20 at 9:53 am

...ay, there's the rub?

For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/20 at 10:28 am

For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come...
Let me pause on that

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/01/20 at 10:35 am

Let me pause on that

Rewriting the classics?  :)

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 5:44 am

Rewriting the classics?  :)

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause.

...I am not trying to reflect on mortal coil at the moment.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/02/20 at 1:16 pm

Yup I take that also but still have problems sleeping... This year 2020 has been horrible for me in many ways.......

I hope you can find good sleep, it's important, our HGH is at it's highest production during good sleep.  I have posted over time on other forums too what I take, and could be if you are consuming colas, you are being counter productive....

Written By: Howard on 11/02/20 at 3:05 pm

I hope you can find good sleep, it's important, our HGH is at it's highest production during good sleep.  I have posted over time on other forums too what I take, and could be if you are consuming colas, you are being counter productive....

I consume coffee.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/02/20 at 8:34 pm

I consume coffee.

Me too, 1 cup in am when I wake up.  Otherwise, that's it...Sounds like you could be  hyped up on caffeine.  Had a bridge friend she is now gone, and smoked and drank coffee all day, she was a  horrible picture of  health.   

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/20 at 1:42 am

I consume coffee.
Caffeine keeps one awake, some caffeine still in tea, and I do not trust decaffeinated.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/20 at 7:40 am

Me too, 1 cup in am when I wake up.  Otherwise, that's it...Sounds like you could be  hyped up on caffeine.  Had a bridge friend she is now gone, and smoked and drank coffee all day, she was a  horrible picture of  health. 

You know, ever since many years ago I enjoyed the smell of coffee and after that I was addicted to caffeine but not as much as I used to drink it, now I have about 1 in the morning for breakfast, another one before I start my morning shift outside and another when I get home, that's pretty much about it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/12/20 at 2:34 am

In addition to my multivitamin, I've been taking 2000 mg of Vitamin C and 400 mg of magnesium every day since about April or May. I've been getting plenty of Vitamin D since I work outside but I'm going to start taking supplements for the winter months.

I also have some Cold-Eeze zinc chewables on standby in case I ever test positive or get symptoms.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/20 at 2:36 am

You take good advice from your doctor.

Written By: 2001 on 11/12/20 at 8:41 am

Am I the only one left in North America that doesn't take diet pills?  ???

I think I meet my Vit C and D requirements by noon everyday through food.

There are a lot of fruit shake recipes online. Takes 20 minutes to make, have 3-4 servings of fruit, the ones with oats will give you all your daily fibre, milk and peanut butter for the protein, flaxseed oil for the omega-3 fats. No need for pills.

I make one, put it in the fridge, exercise (cardio/life weights), come home and chug it down*. Feel like a million bucks afterwards.

*I need to exercise before I drink it though, or else it takes 2 hours to drink. If I get out of breath first, it takes 20 minutes. So if you need motivation and an immediate reward for exercising, there it is.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/20 at 8:47 am

I take my regular vitamins to make up for my diet, for I have allergies to certain foods. I will not go into details here.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/12/20 at 10:37 pm

Thought I'd post this here....no  Health group to post in.  After talking about Alex Trebeck's battle with cancer and his loss, I thought I'd post this here.  Sad so few of our population know of this powerful herbal cancer fighting and more supplement.

https://www.newsmax.com/health/dr-blaylock/grape-seeds-cancer-catechins-cytokines/2020/03/10/id/957750/

Main reason I started with it in 1995, we were told MAY prevent cancers...

Subject: Re: Grape SEEDS

Written By: Elor on 11/13/20 at 8:18 am

Let's have a look at Newsmax on Wikipedia:
(Bold parts highlighted by me)

News integrity issues

As of May 2018, the Qatari government has been seeking to acquire a major stake in Newsmax in order to "to win friends and clout in the United States as it struggle to respond to a Trump-endorsed blockade by its Arab neighbors." Since Qatar has moved to invest in Newsmax, the publication has softened its tone on Qatar. While Newsmax had been "among the conservative outlets that led the charge in portraying Qatar as a major state sponsor of terror," when the Emir of Qatar visited the U.S. in April the outlet "cheered the visit and said it was 'widely praised.'"

Media Matters reported that during the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States, Newsmax sent an email to its subscriber list asserting that "the WORST thing you could do is get a vaccine when it becomes available" because "vaccines are one of the biggest health scares of our lifetime—a scam perpetuated among the American people." The email encouraged recipients to instead do something "far more effective" by subscribing to a health newsletter for $39.95 per year. Once recipients signed up for the newsletter, they received a sales pitch to purchase a dietary supplement with "an advanced formula targeted to support your immune system health."

In 2019 and 2020, Newsmax published several op-eds by Raphael Badani, a fake persona who was part of a broader network pushing propaganda for the United Arab Emirates and against Qatar, Turkey and Iran. Newsmax listed him as an "Insider", and included a fake bio and photo of the persona.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsmax

Sounds super trustworthy again...

Written By: 2001 on 11/13/20 at 8:33 am

In the book "How to Survive a Pandemic" by Michael Greger (you should really read it, even if you don't believe it I think it's good to read something that challenges your beliefs and is based on evidence), it says injecting mice with resvervatrol, a substance found in grapes, had an anti-viral effect (2). However this was through injection and in multiple large doses(3), which would be equivalent to drinking 4 gallons of red wine for humans(4).

1. Herskovits B. 2005. Popeyes, KFC forge plans in case of bird flu outbreak. PR Week, November 11. prweek.com/us/thisissue/article/527525/popeyes-kfc-forge-plans-case-bird-flu-outbreak.

2. Palamara AT, Nencioni L, Aquilano K, et al.
Journal of Infectious Diseases 191(10):1719–29.

3. Walle T, Hsieh F, DeLegge MH, Oatis JE Jr, Walle UK. High absorption but very low bioavailability of oral resveratrol in humans.
dmd.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/32/12/1377

4. Roy H, Lundy S. 2005. Resveratrol. Pennington Nutrition Series: Number 7. www.pbrc.edu/education/pdf/PNS_resveratrol.pdf.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/13/20 at 11:59 am

Let's have a look at Newsmax on Wikipedia:
(Bold parts highlighted by me)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsmax

Sounds super trustworthy again...

There are 100's of Grape Seed Info links from those from the founder in France to all t he companies who sell it worldwide......   

I don't know what your trustworthy comment means.....

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/13/20 at 12:02 pm

In the book "How to Survive a Pandemic" by Michael Greger (you should really read it, even if you don't believe it I think it's good to read something that challenges your beliefs and is based on evidence), it says injecting mice with resvervatrol, a substance found in grapes, had an anti-viral effect (2). However this was through injection and in multiple large doses(3), which would be equivalent to drinking 4 gallons of red wine for humans(4).

1. Herskovits B. 2005. Popeyes, KFC forge plans in case of bird flu outbreak. PR Week, November 11. prweek.com/us/thisissue/article/527525/popeyes-kfc-forge-plans-case-bird-flu-outbreak.

2. Palamara AT, Nencioni L, Aquilano K, et al.
Journal of Infectious Diseases 191(10):1719–29.

3. Walle T, Hsieh F, DeLegge MH, Oatis JE Jr, Walle UK. High absorption but very low bioavailability of oral resveratrol in humans.
dmd.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/32/12/1377

4. Roy H, Lundy S. 2005. Resveratrol. Pennington Nutrition Series: Number 7. www.pbrc.edu/education/pdf/PNS_resveratrol.pdf.

Resveratrol came on the scene maybe 10-15 yrs ago AFTER grape seed extract which arrived in my life over 25 yrs ago..  I could write my own book on my life with this great Grape supplement....

I have NOT been asleep at the wheel of my life and actively working to keep  healthy,,,,

Written By: karen on 11/13/20 at 1:29 pm

My problem with this is you sometimes sound like you are blaming people for not looking after themselves if they get cancer.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/13/20 at 4:30 pm

Well, I believe my son in law  MIGHT be alive today, if he had started on Grape Seed Ex back in 80's when I tried to get him to take it.  And yes I believe we can do so much to prevent diseases, and even the arthritis I live with too much sugar and carbs for most of my life......

There are  handfuls of people in the world who work on prevention, but most DO NOT.

And timing and being at the right place and having open minds,,,

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/13/20 at 4:37 pm

And Karen, I happened to be at a lecture back in 1995 and I was 57 and the docs and researchers said a tiny bit of the info I'm posting about cancer prevention.

I believe if a person was posting this information and it was news to my ears, I would do my own bit of research and "get on it"....Who wants cancer?????

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/13/20 at 9:17 pm

If  not for members here, you must have older people in your lives and besides Cancer, Heart and Dementia are the other biggies that are dreaded...I'm on other groups with Caregivers and the stories of dementia issues, are tragic. 

The mind is an awful thing to lose and I thank Grape SEEDS for help in this area.                                 

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/articles/can-you-prevent-dementia-with-grape-seed-extract

Written By: 2001 on 11/13/20 at 11:36 pm

Best thing for your brain is to get good sleep. :D

Anyway this has the same problem as the other studies where they're conducted on tiny rodents that receive a quantity of grape juice that would be impractical for humans to consume daily, once you compare a mouse's size/weight vs. ours.

Written By: Howard on 11/14/20 at 4:00 am

Best thing for your brain is to get good sleep. :D

Anyway this has the same problem as the other studies where they're conducted on tiny rodents that receive a quantity of grape juice that would be impractical for humans to consume daily, once you compare a mouse's size/weight vs. ours.

Exactly, it's always good to get a normal amount of sleep to fight colds.

Written By: karen on 11/14/20 at 5:57 am

The problem is you don’t know the health history of people on here (or that of their close relatives). You are inadvertently upsetting people by implying that all cases of cancer can be prevented.

Written By: 2001 on 11/14/20 at 8:05 am

Exactly, it's always good to get a normal amount of sleep to fight colds.

Imma pre-empt @jaminhealth here and say it's important to take zinc losenges at the onset of cold symptoms, it makes the symptoms a lot less severe.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/14/20 at 10:02 am

I really like grape juice, especially after its fermented.  Guarapo is also really good, especially after it ages for a few days

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/14/20 at 11:58 am

I really like grape juice, especially after its fermented.  Guarapo is also really good, especially after it ages for a few days

Purple grape juice in particular is helpful in the prevention of heart attacks. One has to be careful with it though because it is high in sugar even though it's natural fruit sugar.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/14/20 at 12:14 pm

I don't count on the juices, they all contain added sugars more than others...

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/14/20 at 12:17 pm

The problem is you don’t know the health history of people on here (or that of their close relatives). You are inadvertently upsetting people by implying that all cases of cancer can be prevented.

You are correct, I know of no one's health info here as there is NO health group and that is rather unfortunate....I'm a member of others and have been for some yrs....Health is #1 in my life and I love learning and sharing all I've learned with others who want to learn also, otherwise they have options, don't read my info....simple...

And truth be known almost everyone living has some health issues/concerns, young and old.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/14/20 at 12:20 pm

Good REM sleep is an absolute and some of you here and millions in the world don't get that elusive good sleep.  REM sleep produces human growth hormone also which starts depleting as we age....

I believe since millions stare at monitors for hours, sleep is fleeting them more than ever. And I've been hearing and reading this info for a long time.

I now turn off my computer at 8PM or so and feel good about it.  And I don't stare at it all day, do my off and on routine...  Yeah, I know many have jobs that require 8+ hrs of constant use.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/14/20 at 12:48 pm

Imma pre-empt @jaminhealth here and say it's important to take zinc losenges at the onset of cold symptoms, it makes the symptoms a lot less severe.

Yep, and I take a zinc/copper capsule daily  now especially since covid.  Trump is about the only politician  out there who talked about zinc months ago. 

Written By: karen on 11/15/20 at 2:45 am

There is no health group because that is not the purpose of these boards.

They were originally set up to discuss the 1980s and expanded to talk about music, fashion, lifestyles etc throughout the various decades.

Such a great community developed that extra sections were added to enable general discussions about what is happening in our personal lives and to have jokes and play games. The section (Tenacious Tuxedo Talk) came about after a request from members to have an area to discuss more serious topics, that people would respect and not try to derail the conversation.

There are various threads on here loosely about people’s health, mainly dieting and exercise, for people to offer support and sympathy. It is support people want and get, not lectures, or being told they are wrong.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/20 at 8:21 am

Purple grape juice in particular is helpful in the prevention of heart attacks. One has to be careful with it though because it is high in sugar even though it's natural fruit sugar.

grape juice also has vitamins too.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/20 at 8:26 am

Good REM sleep is an absolute and some of you here and millions in the world don't get that elusive good sleep.  REM sleep produces human growth hormone also which starts depleting as we age....

I believe since millions stare at monitors for hours, sleep is fleeting them more than ever. And I've been hearing and reading this info for a long time.

I now turn off my computer at 8PM or so and feel good about it.  And I don't stare at it all day, do my off and on routine...  Yeah, I know many have jobs that require 8+ hrs of constant use.

How much sleep do you get, JH?

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/15/20 at 10:51 am

You guys missed the point ;)

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 12:29 pm

grape juice also has vitamins too.

Minute if any, but plenty of sugars and cancer cells thrive in sugar environment.

Do some research, Howard....Knowledge is power.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 12:30 pm

How much sleep do you get, JH?

8-10 good dreamy hours....Still wake  up stiff but that's my arthritic body at 82 yrs of doing life....

Written By: karen on 11/15/20 at 12:33 pm

Not sure what Guarapo is but we are having a nice Malbec tonight

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 12:44 pm

There is no health group because that is not the purpose of these boards.

They were originally set up to discuss the 1980s and expanded to talk about music, fashion, lifestyles etc throughout the various decades.

Such a great community developed that extra sections were added to enable general discussions about what is happening in our personal lives and to have jokes and play games. The section (Tenacious Tuxedo Talk) came about after a request from members to have an area to discuss more serious topics, that people would respect and not try to derail the conversation.

There are various threads on here loosely about people’s health, mainly dieting and exercise, for people to offer support and sympathy. It is support people want and get, not lectures, or being told they are wrong.

I didn't know the nature of the formation of this group, but I do now, thanks.... And it's evolved into many other topics, that is a good thing.  And everyone has health good and bad and I'm certain all my years of dancing only helped push me into advanced arthritis....but I had fun.    Good old YMCA group...and so many others.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/20 at 1:54 pm

Can grape seeds also fight small colds too, JH?

Written By: Howard on 11/15/20 at 1:59 pm

8-10 good dreamy hours....Still wake  up stiff but that's my arthritic body at 82 yrs of doing life....

I get between 6-8 hours and sometimes when I'm watching something on the computer a few hours later I get small "jerk awakes" which means I nod off for a second then I get conscious enough to wake up, maybe I'm not getting enough sleep?  ???

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 2:06 pm

I get between 6-8 hours and sometimes when I'm watching something on the computer a few hours later I get small "jerk awakes" which means I nod off for a second then I get conscious enough to wake up, maybe I'm not getting enough sleep?  ???

Well  Howard good chance too much computer viewing....lots of info on this world and sleep deprivation.  I now turn my computer off about 8PM or so....

You are young my friend and can start to change things early in your life....I have a sleep combo I use for my good sleep and in it is 1mg or less of Melatonin and Calms Forte' tablet and a couple  other things, and my sleep got messed up when I was mid 50's after menopause....and I deal with a lot of arthritic pain. 

At your age I was out dancing at the clubs.....I guess not much of that going on these years.....loved my disco life....

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 4:44 pm

Howard, you may never get colds again....I have NOT had a cold in about 30 yrs...

I really get "fear" vibes here on taking Grape Seed Extract.

I MUST SAY, IF ONE TAKES A PHARMA BLOOD THINNER THEN CAN'T TAKE BOTH./......

Grape Seed Extract cleans and thins the blood.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/15/20 at 4:53 pm

Howard, you may never get colds again....I have NOT had a cold in about 30 yrs...

Good to know because I take aspirin as a blood thinner. It helps me because I’ve had several DVT blood clots starting 8 years ago.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 4:58 pm

For me, I see it as an anti blood clotter..

Now my good friend who attended the lecture we heard in 1995, she's been taking Grape Seed Extract for probably 20 yrs or so, but had to stop as she was hit with afib about 5 yrs ago and is now taking a bunch of pharma heart drugs one of which is blood thinner.  She's not a happy camper but the afib hit her...and I believe she was not taking her magnesium for years to keep the heart working good.....    I've been taking good amounts  of magnesium for years for joint issues and keeps my system moving....good with my sleep routine too.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 5:18 pm

Wagonman:  Just occurred to me, you could be deficient in magnesium, or low, millions are.      Here is some info on the subject:

https://drcarolyndean.com/2013/07/magnesium-blood-clots/

https://healthfully.com/magnesium-and-blood-clots-6417617.html

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/15/20 at 5:42 pm

Wagonman:  Just occurred to me, you could be deficient in magnesium, or low, millions are.      Here is some info on the subject:

https://drcarolyndean.com/2013/07/magnesium-blood-clots/

https://healthfully.com/magnesium-and-blood-clots-6417617.html

It’s possible. I’ve had tons of blood work in the last couple years. The only thing that raised a flag was my iron has always been very low. They think it was most likely due to the internal bleeding of my acid damage. When I was a kid my potassium was always very low and they had to build me up before surgery.

One thing they don’t understand is how I have only had blood clot problems in the coldest part of the winter. To me it’s because my blood is probably borderline and that temperature difference thickens it enough to cause problems.

Edit: I checked my test results on my patient portal and last test showed magnesium at 1.8 which was well in the normal range.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/15/20 at 6:19 pm

I had no idea. This is good to know. :)

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 6:27 pm

It’s possible. I’ve had tons of blood work in the last couple years. The only thing that raised a flag was my iron has always been very low. They think it was most likely due to the internal bleeding of my acid damage. When I was a kid my potassium was always very low and they had to build me up before surgery.

One thing they don’t understand is how I have only had blood clot problems in the coldest part of the winter. To me it’s because my blood is probably borderline and that temperature difference thickens it enough to cause problems.

Edit: I checked my test results on my patient portal and last test showed magnesium at 1.8 which was well in the normal range.

1.8 is low end of range.  I just looked at my 2019 mag report and the range is 1.5-2.6 and I came in a 2.1....I love my magnesium and all it helps me with.  And so many labs can use different ranges, why, who the H knows....just to confuse everyone. 

You mention low low iron and probably for 15+ yrs my daughter was horribly anemic, terrible and seeing docs and even some G.D. stomach surgeries.... and so many G.D. colonoscopies.....and then probably about 2 yrs ago she found an HGH homeopathic gel and it's turned her around completely....her docs are shocked and she's higher than a kite.....I use it too now about 20 months or so...I'm not anemic. 

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 6:32 pm

I had no idea. This is good to know. :)

Most of the world does NOT know, big pharma keeps their grips on people, unless the people begin to wake up and work on their own  healing....I started 30 yrs ago...  My grandkids are already and are  in their early 20's...

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/15/20 at 8:55 pm

1.8 is low end of range.  I just looked at my 2019 mag report and the range is 1.5-2.6 and I came in a 2.1....I love my magnesium and all it helps me with.  And so many labs can use different ranges, why, who the H knows....just to confuse everyone. 

You mention low low iron and probably for 15+ yrs my daughter was horribly anemic, terrible and seeing docs and even some G.D. stomach surgeries.... and so many G.D. colonoscopies.....and then probably about 2 yrs ago she found an HGH homeopathic gel and it's turned her around completely....her docs are shocked and she's higher than a kite.....I use it too now about 20 months or so...I'm not anemic.

Yes ranges vary. My chart said 1.5 to 2.4 so I was at 1/3 the range. I looked at my history throughout the year and it ranged from 1.7 to 2.1 in no particular order.

My hemoglobin on the other hand had a high of 11.5 early this year and by the time I had my surgery 2 months ago it was 8.7. It’s been that low before and the doctors said I shouldn’t be walking but I guess I’ve adapted and I could stack several tons of pellets and go for long bicycle rides. I can’t tell the difference most of the time.

This was my 4th GI surgery, after being born with problems, to take care of what was life threatening. My normal is not what most people live with. I’ll have to look into the hgh thing. Thanks for the info.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/15/20 at 10:16 pm

Too too bad the U.S. poo poo homeopathics...forget they exist and they have been around for centuries.....  Here is a good link on  homeopathics for anemia....not what  my daughter and I use but maybe some background for you to read on.

https://www.drhomeo.com/homeopathic-treatment/homeopathic-medicines-anemia/

Written By: Howard on 11/16/20 at 8:21 am

I always get colds, can never escape them since I'm always around people all the time. ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/16/20 at 8:25 am

Well  Howard good chance too much computer viewing....lots of info on this world and sleep deprivation.  I now turn my computer off about 8PM or so....

You are young my friend and can start to change things early in your life....I have a sleep combo I use for my good sleep and in it is 1mg or less of Melatonin and Calms Forte' tablet and a couple  other things, and my sleep got messed up when I was mid 50's after menopause....and I deal with a lot of arthritic pain. 

At your age I was out dancing at the clubs.....I guess not much of that going on these years.....loved my disco life....

Maybe that could be the problem.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/16/20 at 9:33 am

Not sure what Guarapo is but we are having a nice Malbec tonight

Glad someone got it.  Guarapo is sugar cane juice.  In Puerto Rico they sell it fresh squeezed from the cane.  Let it sit for 2-3 days and it gets less sweet and "frothy", fermented

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/16/20 at 12:07 pm

I always get colds, can never escape them since I'm always around people all the time. ::)

You don't always have to get colds, get a strong immune system and you won't....don't you get this Howard.....

Written By: Howard on 11/16/20 at 1:47 pm

You don't always have to get colds, get a strong immune system and you won't....don't you get this Howard.....

Where I work I'm outside, I am a cart attendant for Stop N Shop and there are people out in the parking lot who are almost constantly clearing their throats or sneezing or maybe blowing their noses.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/16/20 at 1:51 pm

Where I work I'm outside, I am a cart attendant for Stop N Shop and there are people out in the parking lot who are almost constantly clearing their throats or sneezing or maybe blowing their noses.

Again, your immune system, inside or outside... 

We have a huge population of unhealthy people and if they only took the time to work on their health, I'm asking for TOOOOO much .... 

Written By: 2001 on 11/16/20 at 1:55 pm

Thank god there is no video evidence for the way I used to behave pre-pandemic. Would touch all sorts of things at public transport, gyms, and go to all sorts of crowded events and shake so many hands. *shudders*

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/16/20 at 2:01 pm

Thank god there is no video evidence for the way I used to behave pre-pandemic. Would touch all sorts of things at public transport, gyms, and go to all sorts of crowded events and shake so many hands. *shudders*

You know the most germy stuff is handling of money....all kinds paper, coins...

I woke up some yrs ago to touching stuff out there -- and then of course, putting your hands to your face....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/16/20 at 3:37 pm

Well, there's no crime in touching things on public  transport in non-pandemic times. I mean, if one is standing on a train or bus one has to hold onto the pole or one will go flying. Just be sure to wash hands afterwards. If one is going through a revolving door one has to push. One has to push a shopping cart. Shaking hands, on the other hand, I was all for getting rid of, even before the pandemic. And I don't approve of replacing it with the very crude looking elbow thing. A small head bow is what I would like to see.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 2:05 am

Quote from: Don Carlos on November 14, 2020, 04:02:47 PM

Juice, the kind from the Napa Valley?

Written By: Howard on 11/17/20 at 7:32 am

You know the most germy stuff is handling of money....all kinds paper, coins...

I woke up some yrs ago to touching stuff out there -- and then of course, putting your hands to your face....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Exactly, touching money is pretty germy so always try to wash your hands afterwards.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 9:34 am

Glad I found this base...and I'll start with this post and what I would do IF covid symptoms, first of all I am big on Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grape Seed Extract so my immune system is strong...

Now if I started to feel off, I would hit my body with Oscilloccium homeopathic remedy.  Works every time in my life for the flu season.    I get no vaccines but am up on all good stuff to put in my body.
The grapes I normally eat are seedless, does that mean they have been extracted first?

Also, which variety of grape is best, green, purple, or black?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/17/20 at 10:07 am

The grapes I normally eat are seedless, does that mean they have been extracted first?

Also, which variety of grape is best, green, purple, or black?

No, I think seedless grapes have been cultivated to grow that way. They never had seeds in the first place.  Except the ones they grew from of course.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 10:11 am

No, I think seedless grapes have been cultivated to grow that way. They never had seeds in the first place.  Except the ones they grew from of course.
So I have to buy the seeds separately, even when I have grapes already in the shopping basket?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/17/20 at 10:29 am

So I have to buy the seeds separately, even when I have grapes already in the shopping basket?

I guess so. Unless you buy grapes with seeds in them. I remember an old urban legend that apple seeds are toxic. I just looked it up and it seems they are OK in small doses but it's not recommended to eat too many as they do have a cyanide type component. I have a friend who eats the entire apple, core, seeds and all. He loves it. Yuck!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 10:57 am

I guess so. Unless you buy grapes with seeds in them. I remember an old urban legend that apple seeds are toxic. I just looked it up and it seems they are OK in small doses but it's not recommended to eat too many as they do have a cyanide type component. I have a friend who eats the entire apple, core, seeds and all. He loves it. Yuck!
I understand that some grapes are available without seeds for I have seen the Great Vine at Hampton Court Palace, with the grapes growing on the vine.

I did not put my ear on it to hear the Great Vine

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/17/20 at 12:35 pm

One would be hard pressed to find grapes with seeds in them, unless one grows their own...the "industry" probably started maybe 15 yrs ago to give us seedless grapes, the seeds are the most powerful part of the grape.  I don't know  how the cultivation works, could be along the GMO lines, I don't know.    Historically folks spit out the best part of the grape, the SEED. 

I'm  not sitting around trying to find SEEDS, I take my Grape Seed Extract which are the seeds pulverized into capsules and tablets. etc.....  As I said I've been taking this supplement for 25 yrs....

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/17/20 at 12:47 pm

If you live near where Concord grapes are grown, they still are grown with Seeds...every now and then I can find them here in CA, but not often....A true wonderful grape..

https://agsci.psu.edu/research/extension-centers/erie/grape-non-grape-crops/grapes 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 12:57 pm

If you live near where Concord grapes are grown, they still are grown with Seeds...every now and then I can find them here in CA, but not often....A true wonderful grape..

https://agsci.psu.edu/research/extension-centers/erie/grape-non-grape-crops/grapes 
I have the strongest feeling that where Concord grapes are grown is many miles from me.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/18/20 at 12:52 pm

Me too, but when I've seen a small stock in whole foods I would buy some,  so so so good and eat the whole grape, seeds and all.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/20 at 3:03 pm

Me too, but when I've seen a small stock in whole foods I would buy some,  so so so good and eat the whole grape, seeds and all.

Is it actually healthy to eat the grape seeds?

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/18/20 at 9:16 pm

Oh Howard, if you can find piles of grape seeds, eat them.... 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/20 at 12:52 am

Best to wash the grapes first?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/20 at 12:52 am

Is there an eat by date for grapes seeds?

Written By: Howard on 11/19/20 at 8:19 am

We have grapes in our refrigerator.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/20 at 8:21 am

Is that any pile of grapes seeds?

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/19/20 at 12:06 pm

So, do your grapes have the benefits of SEEDS in them????

Reminds me of a place I worked back in the 80's and a co worker would sit and eat grapes during the day, but back in those days our grapes still had SEEDS....... He was strengthing his immune system and had no clue about that.....  I had no clue of the value of grapes until 1995 when I was led to them by the company bringing  Grape Seed Ex into the  U.S. 

Written By: 2001 on 11/19/20 at 12:21 pm

I try to keep fruits in visible places so I snack on them more often.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/20 at 1:50 pm

I try to keep fruits in visible places so I snack on them more often.
I can easily remember that our grapes are in the refrigerator.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/19/20 at 1:53 pm

I can easily remember that our grapes are in the refrigerator.

Maybe others can't...out of sight, out of mind.....

Written By: Howard on 11/19/20 at 2:29 pm

So, do your grapes have the benefits of SEEDS in them????

Reminds me of a place I worked back in the 80's and a co worker would sit and eat grapes during the day, but back in those days our grapes still had SEEDS....... He was strengthing his immune system and had no clue about that.....  I had no clue of the value of grapes until 1995 when I was led to them by the company bringing  Grape Seed Ex into the  U.S.

No, our grapes are seedless.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/20 at 2:30 pm

No, our grapes are seedless.
All of my grapes are seedless too!

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/19/20 at 2:35 pm

As I've said one would be hard pressed to find grapes with seeds...they have been redesigned for who knows why....wine industry, supplement industry etc etc etc...

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/28/20 at 1:04 pm

A couple comments on good health and "vitality" .. I talk to my neighbor friend who is 93 and aside from a mess from 2 hip replacements, she is strong and vital, not sick as her immune system is strong. 

She's been taking Grape Seed Ex for at least 10 yrs and also DHEA, which I've posted about re: worn out libido. 

My own mom died at 91 and took grape seed ex for maybe a  couple years or so but I knew nothing about all I know now or I would have helped her more.  She was pretty aged when she passed, no DHEA and probably none in her body.  The comparison between these two women is astounding...

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/04/21 at 12:54 pm

Some here keep reporting on the daily deaths and the huge missing link to so much of these deaths is:

Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and yes the Grape SEEDS...

But those reporting don't seem to want to hear any of this.

Written By: karen on 01/04/21 at 1:30 pm

Some here keep reporting on the daily deaths and the huge missing link to so much of these deaths is:

Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and yes the Grape SEEDS...

But those reporting don't seem to want to hear any of this.

Source for this please?

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/04/21 at 3:08 pm

Karen, source????  There are 100's of url's on keeping the Immune System strong for all health issues and covid included.... and I could post some of them till I'm blue in the face and they  mean nothing to MOST of you folks here, so keep reporting on the daily deaths...

Written By: karen on 01/04/21 at 3:43 pm

Karen, source????  There are 100's of url's on keeping the Immune System strong for all health issues and covid included.... and I could post some of them till I'm blue in the face and they  mean nothing to MOST of you folks here, so keep reporting on the daily deaths...

No, I want a source that states that no one who died from Covid took any form of vitamin supplement. That is what you have stated above, and in other threads on here.

In the papers at the weekend was an article from a GP who recommended vitamin D as a general health thing (which others here have agreed with), but he specifically says that research has shown that it does NOT improve your chances of catching Covid nor does it shorten your symptoms nor affect the outcome

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/05/21 at 10:26 am

No, I want a source that states that no one who died from Covid took any form of vitamin supplement. That is what you have stated above, and in other threads on here.

In the papers at the weekend was an article from a GP who recommended vitamin D as a general health thing (which others here have agreed with), but he specifically says that research has shown that it does NOT improve your chances of catching Covid nor does it shorten your symptoms nor affect the outcome

Why bother?  It's futile

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/21 at 10:27 am

I have looked and there are 100s online, can you direct me on on just one url that states this?

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/17/21 at 3:50 pm

Cat has said no health info wanted on this forum and WHY, beats the  Hell out of me..Health is #1 and without good health nothing else is important, NOTHING.

Just reading again some posts about those with cancers and it goes on and on.

And the MAIN reason I got on Pycnogenol and then Grape Seed Extract a year later, we were lectured that it MAY prevent cancers.

So listen or don't but at least I'm putting it out there.

You can find so much info on Pycnogenol and Grape Seed Extract and cancers.... 

But probably NOT from your oncology docs or AMA or Cancer Society as they sell those expensive deady drugs. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/21 at 3:59 pm

Cat has said no health info wanted on this forum and WHY, beats the  Hell out of me..Health is #1 and without good health nothing else is important, NOTHING.

Just reading again some posts about those with cancers and it goes on and on.

And the MAIN reason I got on Pycnogenol and then Grape Seed Extract a year later, we were lectured that it MAY prevent cancers.

So listen or don't but at least I'm putting it out there.

You can find so much info on Pycnogenol and Grape Seed Extract and cancers.... 

But probably NOT from your oncology docs or AMA or Cancer Society as they sell those expensive deady drugs.

I didn't say that there wasn't health info wanted. I said that this board is geared to pop culture and even though we discuss other topics, health isn't a popular subject. Also, most of your threads basically say the same thing-which can be considered as spamming the boards-which is against the rules.

Cat

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/17/21 at 4:48 pm

I didn't say that there wasn't health info wanted. I said that this board is geared to pop culture and even though we discuss other topics, health isn't a popular subject. Also, most of your threads basically say the same thing-which can be considered as spamming the boards-which is against the rules.

Cat

Well I see a LOT of different subjects and not just pop culture and how long can a forum go on and on with just pop culture...and as I said had I known that was the main topic I would not have  joined, but I didn't know that....thought it was a overall general life forum but not the case I find.    And even the pop culture world needs good health and what is this pop culture stuff....I loved my disco world and the music I grew up with and we didn't call it pop culture...it was music....oh well ::)

BTW Cat, are you the forum founder???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/21 at 5:17 pm

Well I see a LOT of different subjects and not just pop culture and how long can a forum go on and on with just pop culture...and as I said had I known that was the main topic I would not have  joined, but I didn't know that....thought it was a overall general life forum but not the case I find.    And even the pop culture world needs good health and what is this pop culture stuff....I loved my disco world and the music I grew up with and we didn't call it pop culture...it was music....oh well ::)

This board has been around for a LONG time. I believe it started in 1998. No, I am not the forum founder. ChuckyG is the forum founder. I am just one of the lead mods-and the only lead mod who is still around. In fact, I haven't even been here the longest. I believe Karen arrived long before I did as well as others.

The other lead mods disappeared, Chucky made me lead mod and he, too disappeared. So, I maintain his board for him-keep away the spammers and make sure people are following the rules and not disrupting the boards. Chucky does comes by from time to time. When I need assistance or have a problem, I will email him. He does trust me to keep things running.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/17/21 at 7:26 pm

What music did you like besides disco? Just curious.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/18/21 at 2:09 pm

Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Paul Anka, Neil Diamond, Lionel Richie, Arethia, Donna Summers, Village People, TJ Brass, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Dusty Springfield, Paul Simon, Elton John, Beetles, Steve/Edie Gorme,  and so much in between all these...NEVER an opera fan, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Today's so called Music????

Just heard Selena yesterday on NPR, they were doing a tribute to this beautiful woman and great voice who was gone at 23....I didn't know much about her, but know a little more now.

Oh I don't know what all these music makers have to do with Grape SEEDS, but I complied to your request 

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/19/21 at 12:49 pm

Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Paul Anka, Neil Diamond, Lionel Richie, Arethia, Donna Summers, Village People, TJ Brass, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Dusty Springfield, Paul Simon, Elton John, Beetles, Steve/Edie Gorme,  and so much in between all these...NEVER an opera fan, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just heard Selena yesterday on NPR, they were doing a tribute to this beautiful woman and great voice who was gone at 23....I didn't know much about her, but know a little more now.

Oh I don't know what all these music makers have to do with Grape SEEDS, but I complied to your request

Just trying to vary things up. We can't talk about the exact same thing all the time. Besides, it gives a more rounded picture of what you're all about. That's a good selection of musical artists. I could never stand opera either.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 12:50 pm

Arethia? Is that Arethia Franklin?

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/19/21 at 4:54 pm

Arethia? Is that Arethia Franklin?

cvg5mbM6FGs

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/21 at 6:32 am

Can it be that grape seeds is an anagram of 'depress age'?

Check for new replies or respond here...