inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Twitter: Yes or No?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/20 at 4:10 pm

Twitter: The microblogging and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as "tweets".

Is it really useful?

Do you own one?

Do you pay for the services?

Do you wish it was never created?

Subject: Re: Twitter: Yes or No?

Written By: violet_shy on 11/23/20 at 4:32 pm

I use to have a Twitter account but I deleted it. It is mostly used by famous people or celebrities. I never had to pay for Twiitter thankfully. I would say it isn't very useful but that's just me.

Written By: nally on 11/23/20 at 4:36 pm

Do I own one? No.

I have no interest in it whatsoever.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/20 at 4:49 pm

Nope
Nope
Nope

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 11/23/20 at 5:21 pm

I LOVE Twitter. It was my first social media account, in 2009, when I was around 15/16. Before that I used to have a blog, where I mainly journaled my language learning (Japanese, at the time). At first, Twitter was just a companion to my blog, but I met so many smart language learners and bloggers on there who shared their wisdom, and a lot of good conversations and exchange of ideas were had.

Nowadays I still follow mainly language learners and some techies. Also followed some local epidemiologists recently to keep track of that pandemic in Ontario. I don't tweet as much as I used to, I don't have much time or motivation to update my blog, which is what I think my followers are interested in. I still read my timeline though.

There is a saying that goes "Facebook is for people you know, Twitter is for people you wish you knew" and I find that to be very true. ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/23/20 at 6:11 pm

The problem is, it's the Twitterverse that's calling all the shots right now. Even though it's only about 20% of the people and is not representative of what many people think. But it's because of Twitter (and to a lesser degree other social media) that cancel culture exists, for example. Twitter has become the court of public opinion. The kangaroo court of public opinion.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/23/20 at 6:35 pm

Do I own one? No.

I have no interest in it whatsoever.

Lol. You aren't missing anything..

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/23/20 at 8:21 pm

Twitter no. Instagram no. Facebook no. Or anything else like that.

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/14/20 at 1:28 am

I was briefly on Twitter for about a year until it just became hard to maintain it. If you don't have a subject your account revolves around, mine being primarily a certain fandom at the time, then it's hard to really get a following there. I went back to Facebook last year and had a much easier time connecting with people, for better or worse. Not that FB is wonderful by any means. If something better could be a serious rival to the current options I'd go there.

Check for new replies or respond here...