inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is something you've always wanted and never had?

Written By: violet_shy on 03/20/21 at 4:08 pm

Do you keep a list?

There are so many things I want but for now I will just share just one of them. I'll go first.

I have always wanted to wear a wedding dress. Never been married so I've never had the chance to wear one. I'm about to go to David's Bridal and buy one out of spite! Lol. Just to wear it for the entire day. Who needs the groom!  ;D Although having the groom there would make wearing the dress more fairytale-ish... That's always essential. ::)

I know I'll get to wear one someday....even if I'm 50 years old.  :)

Subject: Re: What is something you've always wanted and never had?

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/20/21 at 10:05 pm

I got a lot of my wishes when I got this house. Acreage, woods, privacy, no HOA or city rules, basement, pole barn, closer to work. Only thing missing is a second bathroom but I did get a generator that wasn’t on my list. Considering it’s just going to be me here I don’t need a second bathroom anyway.

I’ve always wanted to have a nice mechanic garage like you see on TV. That will never happen but I am working on something smaller and simpler that will be finished in time.

Since I was born with a defect that led to my lifetime of health problems, I have always wanted to just plain feel good without having to design my day around my health. That will never happen. But I am lucky because some others aren’t so fortunate.

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/21 at 10:08 pm

A deep swimming pool in my backyard that I can swim in year-round. But I live in Canada so 4 or 5 months will be as good as it gets, if I even had one.

Also despite what I said above I've always wanted to live in a "green home". Solar panels, geothemal heat pump, good insulation, reusing water, etc. Actually now that WFH is a big thing I wouldn't mind building my own house in the boonies that fits the specifications (with good internet).

Bx0aDeru_Xw

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/20/21 at 10:12 pm

A deep swimming pool in my backyard that I can swim in year-round. But I live in Canada so 4 or 5 months will be as good as it gets, if I even had one.

Also despite what I said above I've always wanted to live in a "green home". Solar panels, geothemal heat pump, good insulation, reusing water, etc. Actually now that WFH is a big thing I wouldn't mind building my own house in the boonies that fits the specifications (with good internet).

Bx0aDeru_Xw

Good internet would have been on my list, but in December I was able to get it for the first time in my life.

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/21 at 11:26 pm

Good internet would have been on my list, but in December I was able to get it for the first time in my life.

Oo I remember you saying you were on dial-up. That's great you got good Internet, now you can join the rest of us! O0

R6tSpCXBazk

Written By: Elor on 03/21/21 at 1:32 am

Since I was born with a defect that led to my lifetime of health problems, I have always wanted to just plain feel good without having to design my day around my health. That will never happen. But I am lucky because some others aren’t so fortunate.
^This. Just being "normal" like the others.

Written By: Howard on 03/21/21 at 8:18 am

A lot of money.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/21/21 at 2:03 pm

I always wanted to be a mother. But, at least I got to be a grandmother-8 times over.  :)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/03/21 at 2:04 pm

A full time job.

Written By: tv on 02/25/23 at 7:39 pm

A dog.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/14/23 at 11:48 pm

Peace. Being content.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/23 at 2:48 am

To make more money.

Check for new replies or respond here...