inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My life is complete...

Written By: violet_shy on 04/06/21 at 5:14 pm

I have adopted a little girl! Her name is Sai, she is 7 years old, and she is from India. This has been a dream of mine for a long time. I've never had kids of my own, but this is close!

As I was adopting her many thoughts went through my mind. Would I be a good mother? Will she love to attend school? So many things. But I am confident I will be a great mother.

Such a huge change in my life! I'm so ready for it though.❤

Written By: Dude111 on 04/07/21 at 7:33 am

Ahhhh good for you honey!!

Please give her a big hug for me :)

Gracious!!

Subject: Re: My life is complete...

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/07/21 at 8:57 am

Wow!!! Being a single mom is quite a challenge - its a challenge even for a couple - I know, I have 4 kids - adults now and all great people.  Hope you can handle it.  Good luck

Written By: Dude111 on 04/07/21 at 9:08 am

Wow you guys have 4 Carlos??

Congrats buddy :)

Written By: violet_shy on 04/07/21 at 10:56 am

Ahhhh good for you honey!!

Please give her a big hug for me :)

Gracious!!

Aww I will!  :)

Wow!!! Being a single mom is quite a challenge - its a challenge even for a couple - I know, I have 4 kids - adults now and all great people.  Hope you can handle it.  Good luck

Thank you! I have a feeling I'm going to be a super awesome mother.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/07/21 at 11:33 am

Congrats. Yes it’s tough being a single parent, I was for a lot of years. She’s 20 and on her own now.

One thing to your advantage is you will be a true single parent. Not like me when I always had to accommodate the ex. You can make your own decisions with nobody to say otherwise and there’s a blessing in that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/21 at 1:34 pm

So, tell us about the adoption process. What did you have to go through?

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 04/07/21 at 2:15 pm

So, tell us about the adoption process. What did you have to go through?

Cat

Oh this is not the place to be posting all of that. Ha ha! But I will say I heard about it on the news and watched "Adopting a child". I personally went to our Downtown area to Human services where they helped me.

Thank you for asking!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/21 at 2:33 pm

Oh this is not the place to be posting all of that. Ha ha! But I will say I heard about it on the news and watched "Adopting a child". I personally went to our Downtown area to Human services where they helped me.

Thank you for asking!

This IS the place to post all that-unless you are not really adopting.

I knew someone who DID adopt a child from India. And they HAD to go to India. Personally, I think you are B.S.ing us.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 04/07/21 at 2:44 pm

I knew someone who DID adopt a child from India. And they HAD to go to India. Personally, I think you are B.S.ing us.

Cat

Ok. If that's what you feel. I'm not on here to argue with people. And if you keep harassing and discriminating me I will report this forum to the police. Now sit on that for a while. And next time mind your beezwax!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/21 at 2:56 pm

Ok. If that's what you feel. I'm not on here to argue with people. And if you keep harassing and discriminating me I will report this forum to the police. Now sit on that for a while. And next time mind your beezwax!

I am not harassing or discriminating against you. I am calling you out because I know that you do not speak the truth most of the time. As for "minding my beezwax", when you put something on a public forum, it is out there for EVERYONE to see. If you want to keep it private than keep it private and DO NOT POST IT IN PUBLIC! And if you do report it to the police, they will probably laugh at you because no one has threatened you, harassed you or anything. If anything, we have been very tolerant of need for attention.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 04/07/21 at 3:07 pm

I am not harassing or discriminating against you. I am calling you out because I know that you do not speak the truth most of the time. As for "minding my beezwax", when you put something on a public forum, it is out there for EVERYONE to see. If you want to keep it private than keep it private and DO NOT POST IT IN PUBLIC! And if you do report it to the police, they will probably laugh at you because no one has threatened you, harassed you or anything. If anything, we have been very tolerant of need for attention.

Cat

I have all of your private messages asking me to not post pictures. Plus, your mean comments on my posts that are public. That's discrimination. You treat me differently than you do other members. Why I don't know. AND you're harassing me. You know those two things alone are against the law. I suggest you stop it and leave me alone. I don't expect everyone to like me but you make it so obvious. What's sad is you dont even know me enough to judge me.

I'm done arguing. I hate doing that. But you really should stop...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/21 at 3:32 pm

I have all of your private messages asking me to not post pictures. Plus, your mean comments on my posts that are public. That's discrimination. You treat me differently than you do other members. Why I don't know. AND you're harassing me. You know those two things alone are against the law. I suggest you stop it and leave me alone. I don't expect everyone to like me but you make it so obvious. What's sad is you dont even know me enough to judge me.

I'm done arguing. I hate doing that. But you really should stop...

You don't seem to understand that even though this is a PUBLIC board, it is privately owned. But I guess you don't know the definition of harassment. But apparently you don't know the definition of the TRUTH either. You are just upset because I'm calling you out on your b.s.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/07/21 at 3:44 pm

I have adopted a little girl! Her name is Sai, she is 7 years old, and she is from India. This has been a dream of mine for a long time. I've never had kids of my own, but this is close!

As I was adopting her many thoughts went through my mind. Would I be a good mother? Will she love to attend school? So many things. But I am confident I will be a great mother.

Congratulations Jess. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 04/07/21 at 4:24 pm

Congratulations Jess. :)

Thank you Howard!! :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/07/21 at 4:49 pm

Thank you for asking!

I would be interested simply because I hear of so many people who have to wait months or years, and go through all sorts of hoops to adopt. So many children need good homes, yet the system is such a rigamarole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/parenting.firstcry.com/articles/a-complete-guide-to-child-adoption-in-india/%3famp

My first thought was did you adopt, or did you sponsor a child? Might just be a terminology confusion.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/07/21 at 7:02 pm

I would be interested simply because I hear of so many people who have to wait months or years, and go through all sorts of hoops to adopt. So many children need good homes, yet the system is such a rigamarole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/parenting.firstcry.com/articles/a-complete-guide-to-child-adoption-in-india/%3famp

My first thought was did you adopt, or did you sponsor a child? Might just be a terminology confusion.

Uh uh. I am not sharing anymore of my life in this forum. Especially around people who don't like me. The online world can't be trusted, I've learned that now. I'm happy, successful(thankfully), but I will keep it to myself and my family and close friends. I don't trust anyone online. So with that said, I'm moving on. Thank you though for commenting.

Written By: Dude111 on 04/07/21 at 10:12 pm

Its ok Jessie,no one will get mad if you tell us.... I am intereested also and I see Cat is.... Please dont be afraid to go into it a little :)

Written By: violet_shy on 04/08/21 at 12:38 am

Its ok Jessie,no one will get mad if you tell us.... I am intereested also and I see Cat is.... Please dont be afraid to go into it a little :)

Ok.

I was watching the news one day and they were discussing children being adopted or Sponsored. There were kids from all over the world, and it was something I felt I should do. I mean, since I don't have any kids of my own. So then, I had originally decided to join a sponsoring site but I know how scammy those can be(I know I just made up that word "scammy") haha. Anyway, I didn't feel that was a good option for me... so then I decided to go to City Hall right where Human Services is and ask about adopting a child. They helped my find a good site so that I could join and eventually I did. Everything is via Zoom or Skype these days. So that's what I did. Thankfully.

Dude111, you're very kind.  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/08/21 at 9:14 am

Wow you guys have 4 Carlos??

Congrats buddy :)

I have 4 kids from my first marriage, and 8 grandkids who all call Cat grandma

Written By: karen on 04/08/21 at 4:38 pm

I also wondered if Jessica just meant she was sponsoring a child as I know a few people who have done this.

Your link shows what an involved process adopting a child is (quite rightly). I guess people are asking questions of you Jessica because you have not mentioned anything about this at all. I would expect most people to seek advice and opinions from others before undertaking such a drastic thing. Or possibly you would have mentioned the interviews or inspections of your new home or other parts of the process. It just seems unusual that you have mentioned noting on this topic whatsoever.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/08/21 at 4:49 pm

I also wondered if Jessica just meant she was sponsoring a child as I know a few people who have done this.

Your link shows what an involved process adopting a child is (quite rightly). I guess people are asking questions of you Jessica because you have not mentioned anything about this at all. I would expect most people to seek advice and opinions from others before undertaking such a drastic thing. Or possibly you would have mentioned the interviews or inspections of your new home or other parts of the process. It just seems unusual that you have mentioned noting on this topic whatsoever.

I assumed sponsoring also. Adopting is such a huge step in someone's life, and involves so much.  Also I wondered about the difficulty of traveling to India to get the child while the pandemic is still going on. It certainly would be amazing to go to India though.

Written By: Elor on 04/09/21 at 2:55 pm

I just read up on the requirements to adopt from India and all sources claim that you must travel to India and stay there for at least ten days. In some cases longer or you'll have to do several trips.
An accredited adoption service provider must be used for the whole process and potential parents must prove that they are mentally and financially capable of supporting the child.
The whole adoption process takes between 16 to 45 months and costs between $25.000 - $40.000.
https://childrenshouseinternational.com/international-adoption/india/
https://chlss.org/adoption/international-adoption/india/
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/Intercountry-Adoption/Intercountry-Adoption-Country-Information/India.html
https://www.dillonadopt.com/india-adoption

I don't know but the whole story sounds rather odd to me. ???

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/22/21 at 1:54 am

Cat

It does feel like a tall tale.

Written By: Contigo on 04/23/21 at 3:04 pm

Friends of mine who adopted an Asian  child had to
wait a long time , so much paperwork and a trip to the region
the child was from , whole thing took over a year
Happy for you that it was so easy for you.
When do you actually get her?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/21 at 11:36 am

Are you still due to travel to India, realising that India has the third highest death rate from Covid-19?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/28/21 at 12:32 pm

Are you still due to travel to India, realising that India has the third highest death rate from Covid-19?

Here is some very up-to-date information on adopting a child in India, including Covid information. Very informative!

https://theprint.in/theprint-essential/heres-how-you-can-legally-adopt-a-child-in-india-and-its-not-through-whatsapp-or-twitter/654208/

Written By: violet_shy on 06/28/21 at 12:54 pm

Hi Philip, I am aware of that. They haven't sent her over to me yet. So I'm pretty much just sponsoring her for now.  :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/28/21 at 1:05 pm

Hi Philip, I am aware of that. They haven't sent her over to me yet. So I'm pretty much just sponsoring her for now.  :)

This is most interesting. I don't know of this procedure where the child is just sent to the adoptive parent. You don't go get her and meet with anybody over there? They're not even asking you to finance the travel? Maybe they do things differently now because of Covid.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/28/21 at 1:24 pm

This is most interesting. I don't know of this procedure where the child is just sent to the adoptive parent. You don't go get her and meet with anybody over there? They're not even asking you to finance the travel? Maybe they do things differently now because of Covid.

She is not in India. She is here, they featured her on the news on a story called "Tuesday's Child" about children without families. They have not sent her over to me yet because I still have to sponsor her first. It looks like I will be sponsoring her for a while. I guess it's as close to adopting as it will get. I still get to meet with her and help her.

Check for new replies or respond here...