inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cursive writing

Written By: violet_shy on 06/28/21 at 9:18 pm

"No officer my speech is not slurred...I'm speaking in cursive." :D

I'm curious, does anyone on here have children? And do they still teach cursive writing in schools? I know everything is electronic now, notebooks and laptops...I wonder if children are taught to write in cursive these days.

Subject: Re: Cursive writing

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/21 at 9:46 pm

The last I heard, it's not taught in schools anymore.  When you think about it, it's a digital world with texts and e-mails and online blogs.  Writing is becoming a lost art. 

The only time I ever write is when I have to sign my name on stuff

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/28/21 at 10:10 pm

I believe they did at my daughters school in the city. Here up north the schools went paperless like 10 years ago. But her school used all real books and papers, only used internet for research. It was an excellent school.

Written By: nally on 06/29/21 at 12:08 am

The last I heard, it's not taught in schools anymore.  When you think about it, it's a digital world with texts and e-mails and online blogs.  Writing is becoming a lost art.

...which is sad. :\'(

The only time I ever write is when I have to sign my name on stuff

That's the only instance in which I use cursive writing too. When I have to make a signature, such as on a legal document or something of a similar nature.

Written By: Ripley on 06/29/21 at 2:18 pm

I primarily write in cursive and have since I was in high school, when I got into story writing. I don’t find the mental energy to do it like I used to, but I will always be a writer at heart. With that being said, it is sad to me that writing in general has gone away for the most part. As far as cursive writing goes, they no longer teach it in my state as far as I know. Unless they started back up again, which unfortunately I don’t think they have. There are other things about school or lack there of nowadays that’s sad but that’s a whole “subject” on its own. 😔

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/21 at 2:25 pm

At school it was joined-up writing,
With lessons I really hated,
And now I'm on in years,
My handwriting has deteriorated.

Subject: Cursive writing

Written By: Dude111 on 06/29/21 at 5:43 pm

I can write in cursive but I prefer Reg printing :)

Written By: nally on 03/11/22 at 10:49 pm

I can write in cursive but I prefer Reg printing :)

I feel the same way.

Check for new replies or respond here...