inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Things you can not stand/don't like

Written By: violet_shy on 07/06/21 at 8:05 pm

Aside from the pet peeves. Anything?

I hate it when I'm eating food, and I find hair in it. 8-P This mostly happens in public, not at my place. I'm very neat when I cook meals. Anyway, I casually just throw out the hair and stop eating. It just messes with my head and it's so gross. Or when I'm eating and I'm chewing on a piece of grizzle or something fatty.  8-P 8-P

Subject: Re: Things you can not stand/don't like

Written By: nally on 07/06/21 at 9:37 pm

Most TV commercials.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/06/21 at 10:15 pm

I can’t stand the action / sci-fi / superhero / apocalypse / secret service, whatever…. You know the kind of movies that everyone watches these days and you just get can’t away from. You got to anyone’s house (except for mine) and that’s mostly what you see on the shelf.

They bore me to death. Irritate me to death. In a theater I WILL fall asleep. Just don’t.

I want old school comedies, romance, drama. Touching and meaningful stuff. Tonight I watched You’ve Got Mail if that tells you anything. Does nobody else like this stuff anymore? Or psychological thrillers, not blood and guts, but ghostlike or eerie stuff that makes you think, love that too.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 5:03 am

robocalls

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/21 at 7:41 am

Most TV commercials.
The same here, and ads on the radio stations too!

Regarding those on television, especially the commercials promoting future funeral plans.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/07/21 at 10:24 am

I can’t stand the action / sci-fi / superhero / apocalypse / secret service, whatever…. You know the kind of movies that everyone watches these days and you just get can’t away from. You got to anyone’s house (except for mine) and that’s mostly what you see on the shelf.

They bore me to death. Irritate me to death. In a theater I WILL fall asleep. Just don’t.

I want old school comedies, romance, drama. Touching and meaningful stuff. Tonight I watched You’ve Got Mail if that tells you anything. Does nobody else like this stuff anymore? Or psychological thrillers, not blood and guts, but ghostlike or eerie stuff that makes you think, love that too.

I'm with you on this.  Bogart and Bacall films are some of my favorites, but NOT colorized, but there are so many really great films, films with, like a plot

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/21 at 12:44 pm

I am in the same boat, and now finding it hard to see a good 'recent release' movie. Films from the last Oscar ceremony I struggled to enjoy.

I'm with you on this.  Bogart and Bacall films are some of my favorites, but NOT colorized, but there are so many really great films, films with, like a plot
When the pandemic started, I gave myself the task to see as many Oscar winning or nominated films, so that includes films as you describe.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 3:27 pm

people who don't look at their surroundings cause they're on their phones.  >:(

Written By: violet_shy on 07/07/21 at 6:49 pm

Regarding those on television, especially the commercials promoting future funeral plans.

Those are very depressing. I always flip the channel.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/07/21 at 9:31 pm

I hate it when I'm eating food, and I find hair in it. 8-P This mostly happens in public, not at my place. I'm very neat when I cook meals. Anyway, I casually just throw out the hair and stop eating. It just messes with my head and it's so gross. Or when I'm eating and I'm chewing on a piece of grizzle or something fatty.  8-P 8-P

That is one reason I refuse to have animals. Not only does the hair flying around fire up my allergies, but it’s disgusting to me. Also clogs up appliances like the pellet stove. I also can’t stand animal smells, especially farm smells and dogs, dirty fish tanks, cat boxes, almost anything really. I love going on road trips but driving through farm country is rough on the stomach, I constantly suck on mints to try and overpower it. I’m actually not sickened by cat which smells like a sweet yet moldy paste, but it closes up my airways like nothing else. So no animals is just so much better overall.

As far as human hair, I am conscious of it as well. I’ll run a brush through my hair to collect strays before I sit down to eat anything that’s sitting in a bowl or plate.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/07/21 at 11:31 pm

That is one reason I refuse to have animals. Not only does the hair flying around fire up my allergies, but it’s disgusting to me. Also clogs up appliances like the pellet stove. I also can’t stand animal smells, especially farm smells and dogs, dirty fish tanks, cat boxes, almost anything really. I love going on road trips but driving through farm country is rough on the stomach, I constantly suck on mints to try and overpower it. I’m actually not sickened by cat which smells like a sweet yet moldy paste, but it closes up my airways like nothing else. So no animals is just so much better overall.

As far as human hair, I am conscious of it as well. I’ll run a brush through my hair to collect strays before I sit down to eat anything that’s sitting in a bowl or plate.

It's the human hair in the food that gets to me. What if the person hadn't washed their hair? And finding it in my food? It's very disgusting. Makes me ill for days.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/21 at 4:48 am

Those are very depressing. I always flip the channel.

Those make me upset sometimes. :(

Written By: Contigo on 07/08/21 at 12:24 pm

Aging

I'm over 60, I live in a body that feels like it's slowly falling apart and not much I can do about it.  It's normal to wake up with aches and pains each and every day.  Inside of me is this young person wondering what the hell happened.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/21 at 3:14 pm

floods in the parking lot.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/09/21 at 4:11 pm

Aging

I'm over 60, I live in a body that feels like it's slowly falling apart and not much I can do about it.  It's normal to wake up with aches and pains each and every day.  Inside of me is this young person wondering what the hell happened.

I just turned 75, so tell me about it.  Old injuries act up, new aches appear overnight , but it sure as hell beats the alternative

Written By: NightmareFarm on 09/10/21 at 1:08 pm

People chewing with their mouth open

Written By: nally on 09/10/21 at 9:25 pm

People chewing with their mouth open

agreed.

Written By: Howard on 09/11/21 at 4:24 am

people still continue to dump dirty masks and gloves on the ground. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/21 at 2:05 pm

I can't stand people who lie all the time-even when you prove that they are lying, they still continue to do it.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/11/21 at 2:16 pm

I can't stand people who lie all the time-even when you prove that they are lying, they still continue to do it.

Cat

They just don't seem to care in any way shape or form. It's sad.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/11/21 at 2:22 pm

They just don't seem to care in any way shape or form. It's sad.

It is sad. It happens even on this site. Always be vigilant.

Written By: nally on 09/11/21 at 2:24 pm

Yes. I've noticed.

Written By: Contigo on 09/29/21 at 11:22 am

Yes. I've noticed.

I think everyone has noticed . Can't stand people who continuously lie . Don't want anything to do with them.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/21 at 3:22 pm

When people in their cars don't know how to pay attention on how to back up slowly in the parking lots, people these days live in la-la land.  ::)

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/04/21 at 12:35 pm

A hair in the food makes me gag and not want to continue eating!

Written By: violet_shy on 10/04/21 at 1:23 pm

Oh my gosh...YES. Me too!

Written By: Howard on 10/05/21 at 4:52 am

I hate that too.  8-P

Written By: nally on 03/05/22 at 11:23 am

When people in their cars don't know how to pay attention on how to back up slowly in the parking lots, people these days live in la-la land.  ::)

And if they don't look behind them before backing up, to see if there's any movement around them (pedestrians, vehicles, etc.).

Written By: Howard on 03/05/22 at 2:19 pm

annoying people

Written By: nally on 04/07/22 at 8:30 pm

Miscommunication of any sort.

Written By: Contigo on 04/07/22 at 8:42 pm

Tattoos

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/22 at 2:23 am

Tattoos
Agreed!

Especially on exposed skin, and never should be on faces. Just imagine going to a job interview for a serious position in that condition?

Written By: Howard on 04/08/22 at 3:52 am

people who try to be smartasses.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...