inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which evil person is worse?

Written By: Dude111 on 08/07/21 at 1:07 pm

The one who believes that their evil acts are good,or one who knows their being evil?

I recently watched a vid that compared two different types of evil characters. It discussed the villains who know they are evil,but act evil anyway for the sake of it,vs. the villains who actually believe that their evil acts are good and they are good people for doing them. It led to raise this question.

Which type of evil person is worse? One who knows they are being evil but do it anyway,or one who is convinced they are being good by doing evil things?

I know this is an interesting question,but any thoughts?

Subject: Re: Which evil person is worse?

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 08/07/21 at 1:36 pm

The one who knows they're evil, is what I'm thinking. I think those are the kinds of villains who damage characters enough to make them think they must be doing the right thing once they are able to retaliate, even if that leads, in turn, to more damage, anyway.

If the delusional sort of villain isn't at all insecure, though, I think the difference becomes negligible.

Subject: Re: Which evil person is worse?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/07/21 at 1:59 pm

They are both equally guilty. The one who knows they are committing an evil deed has "intent", which is punishable in a court of law. As to the one who does not know they are committing evil, or somehow thinks they are doing good, remember "ignorance of the law is no excuse". For example, you cannot  kill somebody and then say "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to kill people". You are still guilty of murder.

Check for new replies or respond here...