inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Adieu

Written By: 2001 on 08/17/21 at 8:19 am

Hi,

It is with sadness that I am announcing my departure from inthe00s. I've learnt and grown a lot from a lot of you, and shared in amazing pop culture memories and lived through a lot of historical events with you in all in just the last 5 years. I can't ever forget it!

I don't think anyone has noticed but I have been posting a lot less than my normal in the past few months. This is as a result of starting a new exciting job which I've been dedicating a lot of time to. Another reason is that I'm thinking of going back to school for my masters. I haven't decided between data science and quantum computing yet, or maybe both, but I've been doing a lot of preparatory study since I know these will be very difficult. 

All's that to say is I have a lot on my plate and not room for much more until things start falling off of it. Unfortunately inthe00s will have to be one of those things.

Another thing I realized is I have just 17 months left of my 20s. The pandemic ate into a good chunk of it. I don't agree with the adage that "life is short" since ~80 years is a heck of a long time. But boy does life pass you QUICK; so many years can pass by and you are left wondering where all that time went and what you were even doing. It all starts to blend in with each other. This pandemic taught me to savour every moment or else life will pass you by.

I wanted to list all the users I wanted to give a shout out to, but there are possibly hundreds that listing them all would be a question of who I've unwittingly left off than who I've put on. For that reason, I hope you can be content with me saying that I am really going to miss a whole bunch of you.  :\'(

With that I bid you all adieu. さようなら。

Subject: Re: Adieu

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/17/21 at 9:42 am

Sorry to see you go and hope you return.  Good luck

Written By: violet_shy on 08/17/21 at 9:50 am

Oh no. :\'(

It is very sad to see you leave inthe00s. I wish you the best in everything you do. Please remember us.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Elor on 08/17/21 at 9:59 am

It's sad to see you go.
I hope you'll come back once you get the time.  :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/17/21 at 10:05 am

Sorry to see you go, Slowpoke!  You'll be sorely missed.  :\'(

I'm happy that good things in your life are the reason you're stepping back.  Best wishes in all your new endeavors!  As far as your 20s coming to a close in 17 months, (for one whose been there) being 30-something is utterly amazing!  Mustn't sell that decade of your life short!  Love it!

Please don't delete your account or anything - pop in on us when you get a chance, and let us know how the exciting new things in your life are going.  Maybe things will settle down a little and you'll have a hankering to talk some pop culture in the near future.  Or just catch us up on your doings.  We'd love to hear how it's going!  :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/17/21 at 10:15 am

Best of luck!

By the way, don't worry about 20s, 30s, etc. Just like the decades we so frequently discuss (and argue about) here, there is no clear line of change just because a round number comes up. You will feel absolutely no different at 30 than you did at 29. The funny thing I noticed about my own life is that if there was a noticeable change (usually for the better) it was NEVER at the round number like 30, 40, 50, etc  but at some seemingly non-descript age like 34 or 52.  8)

Written By: Howard on 08/17/21 at 2:58 pm

Good Luck with everything you do and take care of yourself.  :)

Written By: Ripley on 08/17/21 at 3:00 pm

Hey, best of luck to you! I know we haven’t posted a ton together, with the many breaks I’ve taken from here, but it has been a pleasure. Take care! 😊

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/21 at 3:30 pm

I wish you all the best in your new ventures. You will be missed.

Please don't deactivate your account. (I can't turn off the request, but you can). That way we are here for you if and when you decide to come back-even if it is just to say hello.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/17/21 at 5:00 pm

Good luck in your ventures. No need to do anything with your account. I started here in the early 2000s and just showed up once in awhile, with years between. Until a couple years ago I came here almost every day. Your account will be here whenever you want to come back.

Written By: nally on 08/17/21 at 7:49 pm

We enjoy having you around! All the same, we wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you're doing, and we'll all be here once you decide to rejoin! :)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/19/21 at 8:33 pm

Best of luck to you slowpoke in your future endeavors.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...