inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who is the funniest person/people you know?

Written By: violet_shy on 09/19/21 at 1:28 pm

It can be anyone either famous or not famous. Someone in the family. A friend.

For me, it's my mom and my brother. They ALWAYS make me laugh. My brother's antics, and the things my mom says daily...priceless! I don't need any stand up comedians lol..

Subject: Re: Who is the funniest person/people you know?

Written By: Howard on 09/19/21 at 1:45 pm

It can be anyone either famous or not famous. Someone in the family. A friend.

For me, it's my mom and my brother. They ALWAYS make me laugh. My brother's antics, and the things my mom says daily...priceless! I don't need any stand up comedians lol..

My Father sometimes can be a bit funny when he wants to be, it's sort of like "old comedy" humor, I guess he's getting to the age where he's getting to be an old grump and he can make stupid jokes too.

Written By: Contigo on 09/19/21 at 6:11 pm

Robin Williams was very funny, so was George Carlin and Red Skelton.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/19/21 at 6:53 pm

Robin Williams was very funny, so was George Carlin and Red Skelton.

I was going to say George Carlin too. You beat me to it. He was always very thought provoking too.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/19/21 at 8:26 pm

George Carlin

I was going to say George Carlin too.

Who is that, and why was this twice the unanimous!? I remember Robin Williams though. My parents use to think Johnny Carson was funny.

The only TV actor I use to think was funny is Jim Parsons.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/19/21 at 8:56 pm

Who is that, and why was this twice the unanimous!? I remember Robin Williams though. My parents use to think Johnny Carson was funny.

The only TV actor I use to think was funny is Jim Parsons.

You never heard of the late, legendary George Carlin?  :o  It wasn't that long ago. Well, allow me to introduce you. He had THIS to say, long before "global warming" became a catchphrase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

Written By: Howard on 09/20/21 at 4:34 am

I was going to say George Carlin too. You beat me to it. He was always very thought provoking too.

I loved George Carlin's humor.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/21 at 5:03 am

The funniest person for me,
Is Spike Milligan, you see,
I met him a few times,
I like his funny rhymes.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/20/21 at 8:56 am

Yea, George was great, how about Lenny Bruce?

Written By: violet_shy on 09/20/21 at 11:52 am

You never heard of the late, legendary George Carlin?  :o  It wasn't that long ago. Well, allow me to introduce you. He had THIS to say, long before "global warming" became a catchphrase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

I didn't the cussing  ;D ;D made me laugh!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/21 at 1:07 pm

Sometime in the '70s, I watched the Great American Laugh Off. I had no idea who the guy was but my stomach was hurting from laughing so hard. It was about year or so later that I discovered that that guy was starring in a new comedy called Mork & Mindy. Yup, that guy who made me laugh so hard was late, great Robin Williams.

George Carlin was also great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/20/21 at 1:26 pm

Sometime in the '70s, I watched the Great American Laugh Off. I had no idea who the guy was but my stomach was hurting from laughing so hard. It was about year or so later that I discovered that that guy was starring in a new comedy called Mork & Mindy. Yup, that guy who made me laugh so hard was late, great Robin Williams.

George Carlin was also great.

In the 70s and 80s I also really liked the late David Brenner. Remember him? He use to appear on the Johnny Carson show all the time. Sometimes he even guest hosted. He was one of the very first of the "observational" comics. Long before Jerry Seinfeld. He pointed out that the longer people are waiting for a train in the subway, the more they lean over and stare into the tunnel. As if that makes the train come faster! He said "what do they expect to see coming out of there? A guy rowing a gondola?". He also pointed out that when someone gets mugged or has their purse snatched they always yell "Hey you! Come back here!". As if the person is going to turn around, walk back and give it back to them.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/21 at 1:31 pm

In the 70s and 80s I also really liked the late David Brenner. Remember him? He use to appear on the Johnny Carson show all the time. Sometimes he even guest hosted. He was one of the very first of the "observational" comics. Long before Jerry Seinfeld. He pointed out that the longer people are waiting for a train in the subway, the more they lean over and stare into the tunnel. As if that makes the train come faster! He said "what do they expect to see coming out of there? A guy rowing a gondola?". He also pointed out that when someone gets mugged or has their purse snatched they always yell "Hey you! Come back here!". As if the person is going to turn around, walk back and give it back to them.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I remember David Brenner.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/20/21 at 1:35 pm

I remember David Brenner.

Cat

He was probably my favorite. I like Louis Black too.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/21 at 7:43 am

I didn't the cussing  ;D ;D made me laugh!

He always cussed.

Written By: Ripley on 09/21/21 at 4:39 pm

Jim Carrey used to be super funny. But Leslie Nielson was the best!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/21 at 4:54 pm

When Airplane first came out, I was like, "Leslie Nielson? He is a serious actor." After the Naked Gun show/movies, I saw him in a serious movie and said, "Leslie Nielson? He is a comic actor." It just goes to show that he was an outstanding actor to be able to do both. Actually, in the Naked Gun movies, he developed "THE LOOK!" He could make you laugh with only "THE LOOK." Jack Benny was another one who had "THE LOOK!"

I never really cared for Jim Carrey's comedy too much. But, I do think he is an EXCELLENT actor. I was watching the movie The Number 23 and I was halfway through it before I realized that it was Jim Carrey. It was totally unlike his usual characters. He was also good in the Truman Show.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/22/21 at 4:04 am

I think Ace Ventura is funny.

Written By: Ripley on 09/22/21 at 10:48 am

When Airplane first came out, I was like, "Leslie Nielson? He is a serious actor." After the Naked Gun show/movies, I saw him in a serious movie and said, "Leslie Nielson? He is a comic actor." It just goes to show that he was an outstanding actor to be able to do both. Actually, in the Naked Gun movies, he developed "THE LOOK!" He could make you laugh with only "THE LOOK." Jack Benny was another one who had "THE LOOK!"

I never really cared for Jim Carrey's comedy too much. But, I do think he is an EXCELLENT actor. I was watching the movie The Number 23 and I was halfway through it before I realized that it was Jim Carrey. It was totally unlike his usual characters. He was also good in the Truman Show.

Cat

Leslie was a wonderful actor. I first saw him being serious in Prom Night. This was after watching the Naked Gun movies. I was impressed. There are so many others. Wrongfully Accused is a good one I recommend lol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/21 at 11:35 am

Over the years I have never found Jim Carrey to be funny, and I only know Leslie Nielson for Airplane! and the Naked Gun franchise.

Written By: whistledog on 09/24/21 at 9:50 pm

There is a comedian named Tom Cotter who appeared on America's Got Talent a few years ago, and every time he performs, it's just hilarious.  He reminds me of Ellen DeGeneres in that he tells a joke within a joke:

"2 weeks after my girlfriend dumped me, I was fortunate enough to see her ... get hit by a snowplow.  And it was awkward for me ... because i'd never driven ... a snowplow before"

Check for new replies or respond here...