inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are There Any Particular Requirements for Donating Organs to Children?

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 10/29/21 at 5:27 pm

I want many of my organs donated to children, and am in the process of getting my affairs in order in case I get murdered. Or die from a similarly unforeseen event such as a stroke or heart attack.

That's one reason I ask. Another is, are there any requirements for donating to children something like a kidney, while I'm alive?

Subject: Re: Are There Any Particular Requirements for Donating Organs to Children?

Written By: violet_shy on 10/29/21 at 5:54 pm

I know that you have to be healthy to donate organs....no smoking or drinking alcohol. And, that's all I know really. I'm sure there are other requirements though. All the best to you on that!

Subject: Re: Are There Any Particular Requirements for Donating Organs to Children?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/21 at 5:56 pm

This should be your first stop. They can probably give you more info than anyone here can.

https://www.organdonor.gov/learn/process

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/29/21 at 6:12 pm

You may want to zero in on this part of the official government website:

https://www.organdonor.gov/learn/who-can-donate/children

"The size of the body and the organ matter when matching donors to receiving patients. That's why very small children most often receive donations from other young people.  Older children and adults can often match as well. Sometimes, children can receive donations of partial organs such as a piece of a liver or lung."

Written By: karen on 11/02/21 at 2:01 am

You could also consider registering as a bone marrow donor if such a register exists in the USA. Maybe you can do it through giving blood donations, that is how it can be done in the U.K.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/06/21 at 5:31 pm

Usually the diner needs to be dead, unless you’re donating a kidney, bone marrow, or a chunk out of your liver.

Check for new replies or respond here...