inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who Brings A 10 Year Old To A Travis Scott Concert?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/08/21 at 7:52 pm

Of the 20 people who were injured at the Astroworld Concert that featured Travis Scott and Drake, the youngest one was a 10-year old which just begs the question...WHO BRINGS A 10-YEAR OLD KID TO AN OPEN-AIR CONCERT?

https://www.nytimes.com/article/astroworld-festival-what-to-know.html

Subject: Re: Who Brings A 10 Year Old To A Travis Scott Concert?

Written By: karen on 11/09/21 at 12:59 am

I don’t know Travis Scott’s material at all x never heard of him till this tragedy. However in answer to the question “who brings a ten year old kid to an open air concert?” I would say a parent who wants their child to experience something wonderful. Nothing like live music.

Written By: Contigo on 11/09/21 at 1:08 am

It was fairly common back in the day for parents to take kids to concerts. My parents never took me ( because I think I never asked) but mom took my sister to see David Cassidy when she was around that age, other friends of mine went to some type of concerts when they were that age (9, 10, 11, 12)  accompanied by at least 1 parent.

I would say a parent who wants their child to experience something wonderful. Nothing like live music.

Absolutely.

Written By: karen on 11/09/21 at 3:54 am

Friends of mine take their young children (youngest just turned two) to concerts. They have ear defenders to cut down the noise.

Subject: Who Brings A 10 Year Old To A Travis Scott Concert?

Written By: Dude111 on 11/09/21 at 2:02 pm

I wonder if the 10yo likes Travis??

I do hope he is ok!!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/09/21 at 2:13 pm

Kim Kardashian, not that I really care about anything that she says,  said that "Travis Scott loves his fans!"! Yada Yada Yada.

If that's true then why didn't he stop when he was told to stop? Now Drake's name is getting dragged through the mud for no reason other than guilt by association.  And I don't like Drake either but still.  ??? ??? ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/09/21 at 2:57 pm

Kim Kardashian, not that I really care about anything that she says,  said that "Travis Scott loves his fans!"! Yada Yada Yada.

If that's true then why didn't he stop when he was told to stop?

Because Travis Scott is a narcissistic sociopath who has a history of inciting violence at his shows.

(NSFW language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_14XUg_W8

Now Drake's name is getting dragged through the mud for no reason other than guilt by association.  And I don't like Drake either but still.  ??? ??? ???

The reason Drake is getting dragged through the mud, and rightfully so, is that he performed right after Travis Scott, and he had to have known what was going on by then. Certainly Drake wasn't responsible for the deaths and injuries of the concertgoers but come on. One would think that if they were up on stage and saw bodies being carried out on stretchers and ambulances and first responders doing CPR on hundreds of people, then maybe they might realize that it might be a good idea to cancel the rest of the show.

But no, the show must go on.  ::)

Written By: karen on 11/09/21 at 3:30 pm

Just putting another angle on whether the rest of the show should have been cancelled.

Everyone leaving the concert venue at the same time as they were trying to move ambulances etc might have delayed getting the ambulances to hospital. The organisers could also have feared either riots (given that accident was from crowd problems) or another crush around the exits (again because of the crowds behaviour)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/11/21 at 2:16 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/us/travis-scott-concert-houston-thursday/index.html

Well, now the death toll is up to 9 people.

Check for new replies or respond here...