inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Age Would You Consider "Not Young" Anymore?

Written By: Slim95 on 02/26/22 at 4:28 pm

For me I would pick 37. What about you guys?

Subject: Re: What Age Would You Consider "Not Young" Anymore?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/26/22 at 5:19 pm

IMO the older one is, the bigger that number gets!    :D    IMO "young" is very subjective and needs more of a definition to be meaningful.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 02/26/22 at 5:36 pm

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/26/22 at 7:15 pm

IMO the older one is, the bigger that number gets!    :D    IMO "young" is very subjective and needs more of a definition to be meaningful.

A better question would probably be "what age do OTHER people start considering you old?". I'm not sure people ever consider themselves old. Unless I'm forced to think about it (or pass a mirror) I never realize that I'm old.  I'd say my "default age" is about 19-21. Your "default age" is the age you would be if you didn't know how old you are. So I'm forever 19.  ;D

Here's a bit of insight for you all, especially you younger people. The only people that think they are "old" are young people. "Oh my God I'm 22, I'm not 16 anymore. How OLD I have become. Blech!". Trust me, as the years go on that all evens out.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/26/22 at 7:19 pm

A better question would probably be "what age do OTHER people start considering you old?". I'm not sure people ever consider themselves old. Unless I'm forced to think about it (or pass a mirror) I never realize that I'm old.  I'd say my "default age" is about 19-21. Your "default age" is the age you would be if you didn't know how old you are. So I'm forever 19.  ;D

Here's a bit of insight for you all, especially you younger people. The only people that think they are "old" are young people. "Oh my God I'm 22, I'm not 16 anymore. How OLD I have become. Blech!". Trust me, as the years go on that all evens out.

I'm 27 and I feel old but logically speaking I think 37 is the mid-point. That's when you become "middle aged" and no longer "young". But of course it varies from person to person.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/26/22 at 8:08 pm

I'm 27 and I feel old but logically speaking I think 37 is the mid-point. That's when you become "middle aged" and no longer "young". But of course it varies from person to person.

My young friend, I think the better question is, what's so great about a magic number?  None of us knows when our time is up.  But God willing, you have a lot more life in front of you than what's behind.

My advice is to take care of yourself, continue to grow, and seek to love what you're doing from day to day.  And when it's time, invest in the next generation.  These are things that will keep you "young".

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 02/26/22 at 9:34 pm

Maybe 43-45? But it’s all relative

Written By: Howard on 02/27/22 at 3:39 am

I'm going to be 48 and I'm "not young" anymore.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/27/22 at 9:33 am

I'm 75 but still have all my faculties, plenty of energy and ready for adventures, so am I young - no, but does it matter?  I'm still haven fun

Written By: Contigo on 02/27/22 at 7:12 pm

Yeah, about age 40

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/22 at 8:13 am

When the creaks and groans start.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/28/22 at 8:57 am

I'm 27 and I feel old 

Of course you do. All 27 year olds feel old. It's one of those paradoxes of life. 27 year olds feel old mentally,  and 65 year olds mentally do not. When the 27 year old is 65 they will look back with astonishment that they felt old at 27 and they will regret that they wasted any time at all on this mentality when they should have been exulting in the prime of their life. But there is no way a 27 year old can realize this, because thy are currently older than they have been previously.

Bob Dylan wrote a song, made famous by the Byrds in 1967, with a famous chorus that goes "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now".

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/22 at 10:18 am

Of course you do. All 27 year olds feel old. It's one of those paradoxes of life. 27 year olds feel old mentally,  and 65 year olds mentally do not. When the 27 year old is 65 they will look back with astonishment that they felt old at 27 and they will regret that they wasted any time at all on this mentality when they should have been exulting in the prime of their life. But there is no way a 27 year old can realize this, because thy are currently older than they have been previously.

Bob Dylan wrote a song, made famous by the Byrds in 1967, with a famous chorus that goes "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now".
Waltz For Eva And Che, from Evita (Lloyd-Webber/Rice)
"Oh what I'd give for a hundred years
But the physical interferes
Every day more, O my Creator
What is the good of the strongest heart
In a body that's falling apart?
A serious flaw, I hope You know that"

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/28/22 at 11:53 am

Depends what age you're comparing your age to. To teenagers and early twenty somethings I'm not young, I'm in my mid thirties. To someone in their late forties or over fifty I'm young in their eyes probably. Whatever. Aging is normal, what you don't have to be is an out of touch old fart the older you get.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/22 at 2:05 pm

My dad thought that I was having a midlife crisis when I either 27 or 28. That was when my life took a 180 degree turn. My life at the time didn't have any direction.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/28/22 at 3:01 pm

Depends what age you're comparing your age to. To teenagers and early twenty somethings I'm not young, I'm in my mid thirties. To someone in their late forties or over fifty I'm young in their eyes probably. Whatever. Aging is normal, what you don't have to be is an out of touch old fart the older you get.

When you get old, you start complaining about everything whether it be on TV or in the newspaper.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/22 at 3:16 pm

You are considered old when you start yelling at the neighborhood kids, "Hey, you kids! GET OFF OF MY LAWN!!!"  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 02/28/22 at 4:28 pm

I'm 44, I look like I'm 24 but I feel like I am 84.  I just don't even know anymore lol

Written By: Howard on 03/01/22 at 3:45 am

I'm 44, I look like I'm 24 but I feel like I am 84.  I just don't even know anymore lol

I'm going to be 48 and I look like I'm in my 30's.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/22 at 8:45 am

...best to keep away from old farts?  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/22 at 1:26 pm

When does the creaking bones start?

Written By: Howard on 03/01/22 at 3:08 pm

When does the creaking bones start?

When you reach your 60's?

Written By: nally on 03/13/22 at 9:03 pm

Good analysis. O0 I am currently in my early forties and still feel “young” in a sense. Also, I’ve always looked young for my age, like a few other responders have indicated.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/13/22 at 9:41 pm

Good analysis. O0 I am currently in my early forties and still feel “young” in a sense. Also, I’ve always looked young for my age, like a few other responders have indicated.

Yes, but looking young and feeling young are not the same thing or interchangeable. There are 27 year olds who have posted here that they feel old, yet I'm sure they look quite young. And there are people in their 60s who look every inch of their age, but feel youthful and vital.

Check for new replies or respond here...