inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Feeling rich?

Written By: Dude111 on 12/02/22 at 10:58 am

Just curious... Which of these make you feel more wealthy,the value of your home going up or your wages going up?

Subject: Re: Feeling rich?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/02/22 at 11:48 am

I don't really get much of an affluent feelling from that kind of thing. But sometimes, walking down the street or something, I will get an affluent feeling, kind of a oneness -with-the-universe type feeling. The trick is to get that to stay, because form follows thought.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/22 at 3:50 pm

Just curious... Which of these make you feel more wealthy,the value of your home going up or your wages going up?

I would definitely have to say wages going up.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/02/22 at 4:20 pm

Home value increases are good - but sans a loan, you can't spend the increase until you sell.  I'd have to say wages going up matters more.

You left out the value of a person's savings accounts and investments (of all kinds) going up - that's a huge factor.  Especially for we who are beyond the workplace.  For that matter, conversely, when the value of savings account goes down, that suggests it's time to cut back on spending.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/22 at 4:49 pm

I have no idea what my home is valued at. I only know that I OWN it-no mortgage or loan. I think "feeling rich" has to do with how much $$ you have left after your bills are paid.

Cat

Subject: Feeling rich?

Written By: Dude111 on 12/02/22 at 6:17 pm

Yes Cat I think your right!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/22 at 6:26 pm

Yes Cat I think your right!

Of course I'm right. I'm always right.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...