inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Grief of Loss

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/23/23 at 10:27 pm

Anyone here lose a loved one recently?  I have (unexpectedly).  It has shaken me and my husband to the core.  If I'm irregular on this forum for a little while, that is the reason.  Sad sad me.

Subject: Re: The Grief of Loss

Written By: Howard on 02/24/23 at 3:24 am

Yes, I know how you feel, I lost My Brother nearly 28 years ago and tomorrow would've been his 52nd birthday. My Mother cries every time when those events come up and so far Our Family has lost a lot of members. Just 6 years ago My Grandmother passed away at age 100.  :\'(

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/24/23 at 10:08 am

Sorry for your loss, but words are meaningless at times like you are experiencing

Written By: karen on 02/24/23 at 10:54 am

Sorry for your loss AG.  Hugs

An unexpected death can often be harder to deal with, whatever its cause.

You can PM me if you need to ‘talk’

Written By: Elor on 02/24/23 at 12:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. :-\\

I have lost a few family members over the years and I know just how devastating that can be. :\'(

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/24/23 at 1:16 pm

Oh yes I have experienced this.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/23 at 2:17 pm

Grief is a strange creature. You never know when or how it will rear its ugly head. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and there isn't a time limit on it. Just know that there are people who are there for you (even some you have never met before here on the boards).

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/24/23 at 4:00 pm

From what I can remember My Father lost his best friend from childhood from cancer in 2019 or 2020, he was 80, he also lost his friend Bernie from when he was hanging out at his lodge working with him, died of a heart attack he was 83. My Mother lost her Mother which is My Grandmother, she was 100 and also her friend Shelly and Sandy who both of them died many,many years ago.

Written By: nally on 02/24/23 at 9:42 pm

Oh yes I have experienced this.  :\'(

So have I.

In fact, today marks 9 years since my maternal grandmother passed on at the age of 92. She lived the longest of any of my close relatives (although her youngest sister, my great-aunt, is now almost 96).

Written By: Howard on 02/25/23 at 3:00 am

My Friend told me a while ago that he lost his wife to cancer then his parents both passed away then his brother too as well so now he just lives alone in his house. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/23 at 6:28 am

You have my deepest sympathy and unwavering support. Wishing you peace, comfort, courage, and lots of love at this time of sorrow. My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. Wishing you the best and know you have my full support in every moment.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/23 at 3:22 pm

Just a few weeks ago, My Father's sister's husband had passed away so he was our uncle.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...