inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Library

Written By: La Roche on 06/08/06 at 12:27 pm

Well folks,

Chucky explained this board well out there on the home page.

I am going to say two important things.

First of all - What people write here is supposed to be fun. Feel free to be critical but do your best to maintain some decency. Saying "Whilst I enjoyed X, Y was lacking." is perfectly fine, however "Well this just plain sucks." won't cut it.

Secondly - Be creative and risque, but, it might be an idea to quell the Howard like sexual escapades.
Taste is always important.

I'm sure Kay will add her own thoughts here by the end of the day.

Thanks folks.

Subject: Re: The Library

Written By: CeeKay on 06/08/06 at 1:04 pm

Well folks,

Chucky explained this board well out there on the home page.

I am going to say two important things.

First of all - What people write here is supposed to be fun. Feel free to be critical but do your best to maintain some decency. Saying "Whilst I enjoyed X, Y was lacking." is perfectly fine, however "Well this just plain sucks." won't cut it.

Secondly - Be creative and risque, but, it might be an idea to quell the Howard like sexual escapades.
Taste is always important.

I'm sure Kay will add her own thoughts here by the end of the day.

Thanks folks.

Good guidelines.  Come the weekend, when I have some time, I will definitely find something to contribute.  This should be a fun venture! :)

Written By: KKay on 06/08/06 at 1:05 pm

You can also submit links to other decade related writings about your interests.
I"m looking now for more information about 70s film and social change.  I"m also going to write some about the films I like ...and perhaps a fiction about the town I grew up in.

It's all reading and writing, all the time.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/08/06 at 1:08 pm

This will be fun. I think I will do some writing when I am on vacation..and when I return, I will post it! ;)

Written By: La Roche on 06/08/06 at 1:10 pm

Good guidelines.  Come the weekend, when I have some time, I will definitely find something to contribute.  This should be a fun venture! :)

You can also submit links to other decade related writings about your interests.
I"m looking now for more information about 70s film and social change.  I"m also going to write some about the films I like ...and perhaps a fiction about the town I grew up in.

It's all reading and writing, all the time.

This will be fun. I think I will do some writing when I am on vacation..and when I return, I will post it! ;)

Good ideas.

My friend Ron might be interested, I will have to speak to him.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 7:02 pm

I have a feeling I'm gunna like this board!

Does anyone like Charles Bukowski?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 7:22 pm

No, but that gives me an idea.

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 06/08/06 at 7:38 pm

No, but that gives me an idea.

What kind of idea..?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/08/06 at 7:40 pm

What kind of idea..?

Oh, just a review for an album

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/08/06 at 10:23 pm

I was here and will return.  8)

Written By: KKay on 06/09/06 at 9:26 am

oooh i'm a big fan...got lots of recordings at home!

Written By: nally on 06/14/06 at 3:36 pm

Someday I'll contribute something too. :) I'm sure it'll be fun.

Written By: nally on 10/19/18 at 11:15 pm

For the past six years I have been volunteering at my local library. It has given me an opportunity to explore all the different kinds of books that are out there to read. :)

Written By: nally on 03/25/22 at 11:43 pm

For the past six years I have been volunteering at my local library. It has given me an opportunity to explore all the different kinds of books that are out there to read. :)

And now, while I am still technically a "library volunteer", I have not really volunteered at my local library during the past two years due in part to the Covid pandemic. I'd like to go back someday, however.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/22 at 7:26 am

It's been so many years since I've been to an actual library.

Written By: nally on 02/11/23 at 8:13 pm

And now, while I am still technically a "library volunteer", I have not really volunteered at my local library during the past two years due in part to the Covid pandemic. I'd like to go back someday, however.

By the way...I finally went back to volunteering at my local library a few months ago, in October. I was finally ready again, due in part to receiving my second covid booster in that month, and then letting the volunteer coordinator know, in email, that I was ready. And I've been going every other weekend to help out.

Check for new replies or respond here...