inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: first crush

Written By: tomario on 06/24/06 at 5:59 am

;)who was your first crush,be careful it could give your age away !!!

my first crush was suzi quatrohttp://www.symmetry-and-sound.com/suzi_quatro/1_Suzi_Quatro_sqa001.jpg

Subject: Re: first crush

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 6:23 am

Some girl in my class, when I was about 7 or 8, lol.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/24/06 at 7:02 am

Sam from Clarissa Explains It All...when I was like, 4-7.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Contrib/Entertainment/Clarissa/sam.gif

Written By: Davester on 06/24/06 at 7:25 am

;)who was your first crush,be careful it could give your age away !!!

my first crush was suzi quatrohttp://www.symmetry-and-sound.com/suzi_quatro/1_Suzi_Quatro_sqa001.jpg

She looks like Leather Tuscadero from Happy Days...

Like Trimac, just some girl in grade school...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/24/06 at 8:03 am

I'm trying to work out if you are kidding or not, Davester...

Suzi Quatro IS (was) Leather Tuscadero from Happy Days  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/24/06 at 8:35 am

Mr Marotta, sixth grade music teacher....  ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/24/06 at 11:18 am

My first crush was on a boy named Jason in my 1st grade class.

Famous crush, Donny and Jimmy Osmond.

Written By: happygirl on 06/24/06 at 11:44 am

1st was Eddie from the Courtship of Eddies Father.
But then.. it was Johnny Gage from Emergency...sizzlin....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 5:56 pm

1st was Eddie from the Courtship of Eddies Father.

For me, it was Eddie's Father-Bill Bixby. That was my first "famous" crush.

My very first crush was a kid name Raymond (can't remember his last name) who was in my Nursery School. Followed by Peter (who I DO remember his last name) in 1st and 2nd grade. Peter was the reason I wanted Hot Wheels when I was 8 years old. (He was "into" them.)

Cat

Written By: gemini on 06/24/06 at 6:05 pm

First non famous crush was a boy named Nathan in first grade. He brought me a baggie full of jewelry that he took from his sisters room!  ;D  When I took it home, my mom made me give it back to him.  >:( 

First famous crush was Donny Osmond of course!  :) 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 6:46 pm

First non famous crush was a boy named Nathan in first grade. He brought me a baggie full of jewelry that he took from his sisters room!  ;D  When I took it home, my mom made me give it back to him.  >:( 

First famous crush was Donny Osmond of course!  :) 

He learned young to give a girl jewelry.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Davester on 06/25/06 at 2:09 am

I'm trying to work out if you are kidding or not, Davester...

Suzi Quatro IS (was) Leather Tuscadero from Happy Days  ;D

Get out of here..!  I did not know that, no joke...

Is her music any good?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/06 at 2:57 am

Welll, if we're talking '70s, then for me it's pre-latency and latency. I do not remember a sustained "crush" on a particular person before puberty. I was more fond of "crushing" Matchbox cars with hammers! My big sister insists I had crushes on my girl playmates, Eva and Ariel, but that was just her being fanciful. I never even played "doctor" with them!
::)
I can say for sure, however, that when I saw my first Playboy centerfold at the age of five, I didn't know exactly what I was seeing, but I knew with all certainty, "that's the the thing for me!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/downtown.gif

I'm glad I didn't know what I was getting myself into, because even if I did, I wouldn't have been able to stop it. Jeezus, I still can't! I always heard that thing, you know, slowed down for guys in their 30s. Maybe for some, but not for me!
::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/25/06 at 4:27 am

lol first non-famous crush was named either named Tommy or this other kid with the last name Ball (I think his name was Wally, maybe???)  He moved away within the year.  I can't remember which crush came first.  It was first grade and that was way long ago.

First famous crush? Can't remember... possibly Donny Osmond or maybe John Travolta.  *shrugs her shoulders*  The memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Written By: maddog on 06/25/06 at 4:42 am

Davester, I'm not sure if you're joking but Suzi Quatro and Leather Tuscadero are one and the same person.
Suzi Quatro's poster replaced Kevin Keegan (English footballer) on my bedroom wall in 1974, thereby marking my pasage into puberty  ::).

Another big crush of mine was Jaclyn Smith from Charlie's Angels in about 1977. I've had a preference for brunettes ever since and (although you may not believe this) my wife bears a striking resemblance to Jaclyn Smith, although my wife's eyes are blue, not brown.

Written By: Davester on 06/25/06 at 9:00 am

Davester, I'm not sure if you're joking but Suzi Quatro and Leather Tuscadero are one and the same person.
Suzi Quatro's poster replaced Kevin Keegan (English footballer) on my bedroom wall in 1974, thereby marking my pasage into puberty  ::).

Thought the pic posted by tomario, above, kinda/sorta of resembled Leather Tuscadero.  Seriously, I've never heard of Suzi Quatro.  So, she was already a rock star when she joined the cast of Happy Days

She looks like an earlier version of Joan Jett...

I can definately see why she graced your wall.  She's a babe...

Written By: star500 on 06/25/06 at 12:45 pm

My first non-celebrity crush was on this boy in my 1st grade class named Stephen. He was also my first kiss! :o He kissed me on the cheek when I was 7 years old. :)

My first celebrity crush was on Jonathan Brandis after seeing him on "The Neverending Story 2" when I was 5 years old. I thought he was the cutest boy I had ever seen, hehehehe ;D

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 02/27/17 at 5:18 pm

Swayzak, an evil virus that was the villain of the Toonami event Trapped in Hyperspace in late summer of 2002. I remember on the first day of that event, I downloaded all the pictures they had of him on Toonami.com and Toonami Digital Arsenal! I had a crush on him for a long time, I outgrew it when I was 11 or 12.

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/17 at 10:06 pm

My neighbour, when I was 4, lol. When I was 6 it went beyond a crush. *ahem* *ahem* :-X  :-X :-X

For TV crushes it's definitely Wheeler from Captain Planet when I was 3/4  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 02/28/17 at 12:32 pm

This should go on the PPP board....oh well.

Anyway :)

My very first crush was on God. I remember being 5 or 6 years old and praying in church and from then on I fell in love. <3

Written By: 80sfan on 02/28/17 at 12:54 pm

This should go on the PPP board....oh well.

Anyway :)

My very first crush was on God. I remember being 5 or 6 years old and praying in church and from then on I fell in love. <3

That's probably like only the second time I've ever heard this.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/28/17 at 12:58 pm

My neighbour, when I was 4, lol. When I was 6 it went beyond a crush. *ahem* *ahem* :-X  :-X :-X

I rarely have crushes. But my first was probably at 5. I'm not telling anybody who, though.  :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/17 at 1:41 pm

I had a crush on my Kindergarten teacher when I was little. Even though she was married, I still loved her and I thought she was pretty.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/17 at 2:03 pm

I rarely have crushes. But my first was probably at 5. I'm not telling anybody who, though.  :)

Mine was my next-door neighbour. It was a townhouse so we didn't have a fence between our backyards, so we'd leave our backyard doors unlocked, and we'd come and go into each other's houses all the time. When I was 6 and he was 7 or 8 it went further, he was my first kiss and okay TMI ;D

In late 1999 I moved to another house, but the same neighbourhood. We still saw each other frequently but not as much. He went to Catholic school so I didn't get to see him at school. When I was 7 he moved to another neighbourhood, so after that I didn't see him very often until I was 10 and was allowed to bike into other neighbourhoods (but by then I outgrew the crush and saw it as toddlerhood stupidity). Funny thing, though, I met him at Heathrow airport in London, England (by complete chance!) in 2005. That was pretty cool. ;D I haven't met him since... wow, 2006 or 2007. I wonder what he's up to.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/17 at 2:35 pm

Why did you have a crush on your neighbor? ???

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/22/18 at 8:20 pm

My very first crush was on the Cartoon character Danny Phantom when I was four years old. ;D

My first crush on an actual real person was in second grade.

Written By: 2001 on 02/22/18 at 8:34 pm

Why did you have a crush on your neighbor? ???

Because he was hot and we were friends  :P

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 03/16/18 at 9:04 pm

My mom says it was Darkwing Duck, but as far as I can remember, it was Knuckles the Echidna. Or was it Metal Sonic? I'm not sure if I was "attracted" to him when I first played Sonic CD or when I read the comic he was in, which was 95.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/17/18 at 9:21 am

My first crush was a girl named Alexis I attended school with from grade 3 to grade 6. She became a bitch after awhile.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/18 at 6:53 pm

When I was a kid I would watch John Hughes movies and ladies like Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy were some of the first to catch my eye. ;)

Written By: mqg96 on 03/17/18 at 9:27 pm

I can't remember from the top of my head, but during my early elementary school years like Kindergarten and 1st grade, tween girls around age 9-13 were VERY ATTRACTIVE to me. Talking to an attractive 9 or 10 year old girl was a miracle for me when I was like 7.

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 9:34 pm

My first crush was a girl named Alexis I attended school with from grade 3 to grade 6. She became a bitch after awhile.

Holy crap my first was a girl named Alexis also I had a crush on her for a little while in 6th grade.

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 9:35 pm

Anyways my first crush was in sixth grade and her name was Alexis. I didn't have crushes in elementary school lol.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/17/18 at 9:38 pm

My first crush was my cousin  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\ :-[

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/18 at 10:01 pm

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 10:11 pm

Oh. 8-P

Written By: Lyndialy on 03/18/18 at 9:40 am

My first crush was in Kindergarten on a third grade boy who went on my bus. He was cute and handsome; had brown hair, blue eyes and dimples. The sad thing is he was too old for me.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 03/18/18 at 11:44 am

First crush was in junior infants (kindergarten) haven't seen her since like 2001/2002 but can't really say I miss her either lol

Written By: Dude111 on 03/19/18 at 6:22 am

My first crush was in the 80s..... A girl LAURA . She had someone else as she said didnt couldnt go full out with me but I dont think they were really anything or she wouldnt have done what we did,,,, (Kissed mostly)

I mi$$ Laura,i wouldnt mind finding her again!!!!!!!!! (I think she is married now)

Written By: unicornic on 03/19/18 at 10:36 am

My first crush was on celebrity Justin Bieber when he released Baby. I used to act like he was singing directly to me. ;D I had posters of him hanging in my room. I drew him in class. I was a hardcore JB fan. ;D

Written By: Karioprkaj on 03/20/18 at 2:23 pm

Miley Cyrus

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 05/05/18 at 1:10 pm

Shadow the hedgehog and his voice actor David Humphrey

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/05/18 at 1:39 pm

My first crush was a girl named Olivia, whom I met in Kindergarten in 1995. The last time we saw each other was in October 1996 in first grade before I changed schools in October, and then moved to New Jersey in January 97. In 2006, she reached out to me out of the blue via Myspace - she looked me up - but I ruined it. She had a crush on me, but I "loved" her, and that scared her away. Sadly we've never spoken since.

Written By: ofkx on 05/05/18 at 2:21 pm

My first crush was on Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap when I was 7 Sam from Totally Spies.
My first REAL crush though was when I was in 7th grade. She was also my first girlfriend. We dated for around 6 months but then she had to move away in the summer and we broke up :-\\. She was really nice though.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/06/18 at 9:48 pm

Dude,  are you yanking my chain?

Written By: Dude111 on 05/06/18 at 9:55 pm

I miss Laura!!!!!!! (My first crush)

Then Nicki.... I mi$$ her also :(

Written By: SmartBo1 on 05/06/18 at 10:30 pm

My first crush was in kindergarten or first grade and on some girl named Samantha. I became decent friends with her literally nothing else...I was clearly a Chad back then. 8)

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/06/18 at 10:32 pm

When I was 7 I thought Avril Lavigne was the most beautiful girl in the world, and dreamed of me and her rollerblading hand-in-hand at the beach.

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 06/04/18 at 2:40 pm

When I was 7 I thought Avril Lavigne was the most beautiful girl in the world, and dreamed of me and her rollerblading hand-in-hand at the beach.

awwwwww

when i was 11 i was friggin obsessin over david humphrey (Shadow voice actor) every day and night after seein what he looked like on the then infantile internet

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/18 at 9:21 pm

Lydia Cornell from Too Close For Comfort

MtvZ4w6Uil8

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/05/18 at 2:08 pm

A girl named Olivia I knew from Kindergarten (Fall 1995-June 1996) until the first half of first grade (September to October 1996). We went to summer camp together in the summer of 1996 and she told me that she was "leaving me" for a fellow camper named John, while we were watching on TV the movie It Takes Two (with the Olsen Twins). I remember being so upset that when later that day we were offered munchkins, I sat in s corner and didn't partake.

Written By: Dude111 on 06/06/18 at 2:44 am

Im so sorry buddy :(

Check for new replies or respond here...