inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My School's Fall Play...

Written By: velvetoneo on 09/08/06 at 6:20 pm

We're going to be doing a selection of Shakespeare scenes, with somebody dressed up as Shakespeare narrating in iambic pentameter in a collage of original text and stolen lines from Shakespeare. Any suggestions? I've also been in Gypsy, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and Musical Comedy Murders of 1940.

Subject: Re: My School's Fall Play...

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 09/12/06 at 7:34 pm

My young Thespian friend,

May I suggest the following scenes from Shakespeare:

"MacBeth"- The climactic battle scene between MacBeth and MacDuff.
"King Lear"- the famous "My horse, my horse a kingdom for a horse" scene.
"Hamlet"- the scene where Hamlet's father appears to him.
"Romeo & Juliet"- the dance @ Capulet's, where Romeo & Juliet first meet. "Let lips do what hands do".

-Somehow, I picture more of a "Shakespeare Meets Monty Python" theme...I don't know why.

Written By: velvetoneo on 09/16/06 at 7:31 am

My young Thespian friend,

May I suggest the following scenes from Shakespeare:

"MacBeth"- The climactic battle scene between MacBeth and MacDuff.
"King Lear"- the famous "My horse, my horse a kingdom for a horse" scene.
"Hamlet"- the scene where Hamlet's father appears to him.
"Romeo & Juliet"- the dance @ Capulet's, where Romeo & Juliet first meet. "Let lips do what hands do".

-Somehow, I picture more of a "Shakespeare Meets Monty Python" theme...I don't know why.

We're actually doing the aforementioned "Romeo & Juliet" scene, in which I play Mercutio and undertake the Queen Mab speech, in a shortened form. It's all around the theme of love, apparently.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/16/06 at 8:30 am

This reminds me of a play that our NFL (national forensic league) did for a competition back in high school. It was called, "All The World's A Stage" and it took different plays of Shakespeare...it was quite interesting...and it won us 2nd place. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...