inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: First?

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/08/07 at 12:17 am

first?

Subject: Re: Your First Movie?

Written By: whistledog on 01/08/07 at 12:50 am

1984, "The Last Starfighter" at the local Drive-In that closed down many many years ago

Written By: Brian06 on 01/08/07 at 12:52 am

I believe the first movie I saw in a theater was The Lion King in 1994, I can't think of anything earlier than that right now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/08/07 at 12:57 am

I remember seeing three films when I young, a double-bill of tom thumb and The Wizard of Oz, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I do not know which one was the first, but do know these were seen around 1964.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/08/07 at 1:12 am

The Little Mermaid....my dad took me to see it when it was released.

Written By: Davester on 01/08/07 at 1:27 am

Could have been Jaws, with my dad...

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/08/07 at 2:30 am

The first movie I rememeber seeing was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie, back when it was in theaters around 1990 or so.

Written By: Satish on 01/08/07 at 9:55 am

The first movie I ever saw in a theatre was Superman IV with Christopher Reeve in 1987 when I was seven years old. My mom took me and my brother to see it.

But while that was the first movie I ever saw in a theatre, I'd seen many movies on TV before that.

I actually rarely ever watch movies in theatres, what with home video and all the cable channels showing movies these days.

Written By: Gis on 01/08/07 at 10:11 am

Bambi apparently.

Written By: La Roche on 01/08/07 at 10:22 am

Bambi apparently.

Same here.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/07 at 10:27 am

What was the first movie you remember seeing?
Mine was at the AMC theater in Mesa watching the Steven Speilburg Classic

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/08/07 at 3:34 pm

Dumbo, probably around 32 years ago  :o :o :o. 

I remember my mother having to take me to the lobby because I got hysterical during the scene where the mother rocks Dumbo through the bars or her cage.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/08/07 at 4:08 pm

I'm trying to remember at the moment(I'm groggy, didn't get the best night's sleep).

If I had a cell phone, I could ask my mom and see if she remembers.

Written By: Snoopygirl on 01/08/07 at 8:12 pm

I think it was Snow White

Written By: spaceace on 01/08/07 at 8:48 pm

"Cannonball Run" in a drive-in, way back when I was a youngster. :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/11/07 at 12:07 pm

Dumbo, probably around 32 years ago  :o :o :o. 

I remember my mother having to take me to the lobby because I got hysterical during the scene where the mother rocks Dumbo through the bars or her cage.

Oh!  I still can't watch that part without sobbing.  It is just too awful...  :\'(

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/11/07 at 12:30 pm

The first movie,besides animation,that i remember seeing was a movie called Never Ending Story or Die Unendliche Geschichte in german(i think it was an usa/germany production) it was a about this book a boy reads where there's a place called Fantasia with a flying dragon who looked like a dog and was named Falcor and an Empress who was played by this beautiful girl who at the time wished i could be lol

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/11/07 at 12:38 pm

The first movie,besides animation,that i remember seeing was a movie called Never Ending Story or Die Unendliche Geschichte in german(i think it was an usa/germany production) it was a about this book a boy reads where there's a place called Fantasia with a flying dragon who looked like a dog and was named Falcor and an Empress who was played by this beautiful girl who at the time wished i could be lol

That  movie is such a classic, and I had a dog when I was little that looked very much like that dragon! 

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/11/07 at 12:45 pm

That  movie is such a classic, and I had a dog when I was little that looked very much like that dragon! 

Aww you were so lucky,i always wanted a white dog i could call Falcor,he was the cutest thing in the world. But my parents always said no way :\'(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/11/07 at 12:49 pm

Aww you were so lucky,i always wanted a white dog i could call Falcor,he was the cutest thing in the world. But my parents always said no way :\'(

You should get one now!

I'll have to see if I can find a picture of him and post it in the "show us your pets" section.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/07 at 11:07 pm

Heidi's Song.

Unfortunatly.....  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/07 at 2:01 pm

I remember seeing three films when I young, a double-bill of tom thumb and The Wizard of Oz, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I do not know which one was the first, but do know these were seen around 1964.

I don't recall the first time I saw the Wizard of Oz but I do remember seeing Tom Thumb at the movies (I don't remember when) but I think the first one I saw was Snow White. I remember seeing it at a drive-in and I remember hiding behind the back seat in the "wayback" of our station wagon when the witch came on because she scared me.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/13/07 at 5:01 pm

I think I saw more before it, but the first I remember is "The Flinstones"... what was that, 1993? Hmm... I would've had to be 2 then!?

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/13/07 at 8:09 pm

Oh!  I still can't watch that part without sobbing.  It is just too awful...   :\'(

Me too!  My daughter and I were watching it the other night and she kept asking me why I was crying. 

Written By: rich1981 on 01/14/07 at 2:34 am

"Follow That Bird", in 1985.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/14/07 at 3:07 am

I think I saw more before it, but the first I remember is "The Flinstones"... what was that, 1993? Hmm... I would've had to be 2 then!?

I remember that one. It had John Goodman playing Fred right? Even though it supposedly wasn't very good(according to critics) I liked it alot.

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/07 at 3:17 am

I suddenly remember seeing the Animated Disney classic "The Rescuers" in the theatre.  I know it was a re-release, because the original came out when I was just a baby.  lol  I can't remember when I saw it, whether it was Before or after "The Last Starfighter".  I remember Bob Newhart voiced one of the mice

Written By: loki 13 on 01/14/07 at 8:15 am

The Jungle Book....(1967)

Written By: Step-chan on 01/14/07 at 12:10 pm

I think it might have been E.T.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/07 at 1:17 pm

Reading this thread makes me feel old. Many of the movies people have stated came out when I was an adult.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/07 at 6:59 pm

I suddenly remember seeing the Animated Disney classic "The Rescuers" in the theatre.  I know it was a re-release, because the original came out when I was just a baby.  lol  I can't remember when I saw it, whether it was Before or after "The Last Starfighter".  I remember Bob Newhart voiced one of the mice

I remember seeing "The Rescuers" in its first run.  Thought it was pretty cool!  I must have been eight.  The earliest two movies I can remember seeing are:
1. A second-run of "The Sound of Music," which I despised.  My aunt took us to it with the best of intentions.  Just wasn't my thing!
2. "Benji," who was tantamount to "Dirty Harry" in my five-year-old mind.  That movie rocked!

The very first was most certainly some godawful kiddie matinee, I'll be damned if I can remember what it was!
;D

Written By: Roadgeek on 01/16/07 at 3:45 pm

Alright, the first time I ever went to a theater was when I went to see Home Alone 2 in 1992 at the Circle 6 Theatres at Carolina Circle Mall.

Check for new replies or respond here...