inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: history's greatest loves

Written By: Tia on 02/14/07 at 7:50 pm

i thought this would be a fun topic for valentine's day. what are some of the loves you've heard about, fictional or real, requited or no, that really impressed you or made you believe again in the power of love and romance?

a few that pop right to mind: romeo and juliet, of course. italian poet dante alighieri, who wrote one of the greatest literary works of all time -- the divine comedy, a trilogy of epic poems describing heaven, hell and purgatory -- as a testament to a woman beatrice, who i don't think he ever even spoke to. ;D

and more recently, there's katherine hepburn and spencer tracey -- more specifically, hepburn's love for tracey, who i hear was quite a jerk to her. but she stuck with him, and i've always thought her love for him, though kind of sad, was an inspiration.

i've also always been very impressed with paul mccartney's love for linda. this divorcee who had no musical ability, and he married her even though he could have had anyone he wanted, and put up with getting mocked savagely in the press, and then even brought her into his band -- and ultimately it worked out!

Subject: Re: history's greatest loves

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 8:21 pm

Bogart and Bacall - When Bogart died and was cremated Lauren Bacall put a whistled in his ashes.  (Inscripted were the words . . . If you need anything just whistle)

Anthony and Cleopatra  Power couple.

Written By: Tia on 02/14/07 at 8:23 pm

Bogart and Bacall - When Bogart died and was cremated Lauren Bacall put a whistled in his ashes.  (Inscripted were the words . . . If you need anything just whistle)

*gasp*

wow. that IS romantic.

Written By: star80 on 02/15/07 at 6:07 am

Romeo & Juliet

Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/07 at 11:49 am

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.  *sigh*

*gasp*

wow. that IS romantic.

Yeah, that one even got me...and I hate mushy romance.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/15/07 at 12:01 pm

Yeah, that one even got me...and I hate mushy romance.

For real? I love that suff,i'm such a romantic goof :-[

Duke of Windsor and Wallis Simpson,the man relinquished the throne for her,now that's love :-*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/07 at 12:36 pm

John & Abigail Adams
Carlos & Cat  ;)

Cat

Written By: star80 on 02/15/07 at 1:19 pm

How about Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles?

Check for new replies or respond here...