inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Video clip: Johnny D performing "I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Major General"

Written By: Johnny_D on 03/19/07 at 8:07 am

On March 17, 2007, Friends Of the Performing Arts in Concord (FOPAC), 51 Walden Street, Concord, Massachusetts, presented a concert performance of Gilbert and Sullivan's "The Pirates of Penzance". The performance was a collaboration of The Concord Band, The Concord Orchestra, and The Concord Players, to raise funds for stage renovations at FOPAC's 51 Walden Street theater. This video excerpt from the performance begins with the song "I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Major General" performed by yours truly, who played Major General Stanley. The video then continues through to the Finale of Act One.

Click here:  http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2016035284

Subject: Re: Video clip: Johnny D performing "I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Major General"

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/02/07 at 9:42 am

Awesome! O0

Subject: Re: Video clip: Johnny D performing "I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Major General"

Written By: loki 13 on 04/02/07 at 9:29 pm

That was excellent, as I was watching it my son Timmy was over my shoulder singing it. His 8th
grade play was Pirates Of Penzance. He played Samuel, I think that was the character -- the guy
with the parrot on his shoulder, anyway excellent performance, I enjoyed watching it.  ;D

Written By: jackas on 05/19/07 at 1:42 am

Ha ha...that is great, Johnny!  I loved it!

Written By: Henk on 05/19/07 at 3:06 am

Excellent performance, John. :) It's a pleasure to hear you sing. If I ever get to Concord, I know what place to visit first. ;)

I have never seen "Pirates of Penzance", and I don't recall it being performed by any major theatrical company in The Netherlands recently. But then, I don't really keep up with theatre. Maybe I should...and find out what it's like to be an orphan more often.

Written By: whistledog on 05/19/07 at 3:29 am

That was an awesome performance Johnny.  You've got quite a set of pipes O0

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/19/07 at 8:52 am

Awesome! O0

Thanks, Mama_K !!  ;D

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/19/07 at 8:53 am

That was excellent, as I was watching it my son Timmy was over my shoulder singing it. His 8th
grade play was Pirates Of Penzance. He played Samuel, I think that was the character -- the guy
with the parrot on his shoulder, anyway excellent performance, I enjoyed watching it.  ;D

Thank you, loki !!  ;D

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/19/07 at 8:53 am

Ha ha...that is great, Johnny!  I loved it!

Heh heh...thanks, Jacks!  :)  ;)  ;D

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/19/07 at 8:55 am

Excellent performance, John. :) It's a pleasure to hear you sing. If I ever get to Concord, I know what place to visit first. ;)

I have never seen "Pirates of Penzance", and I don't recall it being performed by any major theatrical company in The Netherlands recently. But then, I don't really keep up with theatre. Maybe I should...and find out what it's like to be an orphan more often.

It some-times is ... a u-use-ful thing ... to be ... an or-phan boy!    ;)

Thanks Henk!

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/19/07 at 8:55 am

That was an awesome performance Johnny.  You've got quite a set of pipes O0

Thank you, whistledog!  :)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...