inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Year

Written By: Snoopygirl on 05/31/07 at 5:23 pm

Is there a favorite year for you that holds a special memory that you wish that you could go back and relive it?

My first one is 1979, esp. the summer of that year. I was just a kid hanging outside all day with no worries. The music that summer was great, with lots of Donna Summer, Sister Sledge etc. My greatest memory of that summer was every weekend going with my dad up to my late uncle's and going fishing. I wasn't old enough for a license, so they took me to all their fishing spots. Half of which are all dried up now. My mom would pack a big lunch for us and I'd have my little folding chair with me. Came home with mosquito bites, but I didn't care. Everytime today I hear a song from that summer, I think right away of those fishing days and wish I could have them again but also to see my uncle again  :)

My second favorite was 1975. Not too many memories, just the music and playing outside on my bike and all my swings and jungle gym. Another great year for me as a kid  :)

Subject: Re: Favorite Year

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/07 at 6:23 pm

2003-the year I married my best friend. He asked me on May 3rd and from that point on, we spent our time planning which IMO was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed planning it. The BEST time was from Oct. 16th (AFTER a dentist appointment  :P ) when my sister and niece (my maid-of-honor) arrived up until Oct. 18th-THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! I was sad on the 19th because everyone was going home.  :\'( :\'( But, it was nice to have my new husband all to myself.  ;D  I do relive that day over and over in my mind as well as when I watch the videos of the event. And yes, I would do it all over again. NO REGRETS!!!

Cat

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/31/07 at 8:53 pm

Pop culturally - 1984, 1987, 1991, 1994 and 1998 are exceptionally good. On a personal level, the further back you go, the more nostalgic it gets, lol. But there's basically some good experiences I've had in each year. I guess about '88 was my favorite childhood year.

Written By: Tia on 06/02/07 at 12:26 pm

1978 with 1979 a close second. actually the stretch from 1977 to the early part of 1981 was real nice, maybe just cuz of the house we were living in and cuz i had a girlfriend, in that third- to sixth-grade kinda way, and movies were AWESOME. it was like... it started with star wars, stopped off with moonraker and close encounters, and ended up with buck rogers. and meanwhile my folks would take me to see arty flicks sometimes, like the last wave and zardoz, and weird though it seems, even when i was a little rodent i liked that arty stuff. and my dad built me this amazing standalone fort in the back yard of our house, the same backyard where once me and my friends tried to dig a hole to china.

and me and donnie schwarez used to play war out by the creek. and becky seacord and me won the fifth grade science fair with our pet rock science fair project. good times, good times.

Written By: micah on 06/06/07 at 2:53 pm

1971. I was 18, got my first car & was going with a girl that I was madly in love with at the time. A fun & fantastic summer that I wish would have never ended.

Written By: KKay on 06/06/07 at 7:10 pm

I think 77-80...carefree, fun in school.  Great clothes.  I LOVED my wardrobe from those years.

I also loved 87-90.  It was so fun, the years after college.  I was working on tour with shows and lived on a bus and had no bills and saw the country times over.

99-00 was ok too. I had a great house and just returned from my job overseas and was having a great time coming home, seeing people and living off my savings.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/06/07 at 7:34 pm

One specific year? 1978, I was 16 years old and not a care in the world. The drinking age in New Jersey at the time
was 18, I was  2 years away but that didn't stop me. Concerts were a popular thing, so I was going to 3 to 5
concerts a month and when I wasn't going to concerts, I was partying.

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/07 at 8:43 pm

I am going to say between 1984-85.  Alot of my favourite songs that I remember listening to and loving back in the 80s came from that year

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/08/07 at 11:33 am

Both pop culturally and personally, 1994. I can't imagine my life ever being better than it was that year.

Written By: snozberries on 06/17/07 at 8:21 pm

I don't really have one. I like looking at shows that "predict" the future like Conquest of the Planet of the Apes it was fun to see what they thought 1986 was going to be like.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/17/07 at 8:50 pm

When it comes to pop culture, I'd say every year of the 80's!  :D

Personally, 1987, 1989, 1991, and 1997 were good years for me.

Check for new replies or respond here...