inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who Else Should Die In "Deathly Hallows"?

Written By: Doc Brown on 06/03/07 at 11:02 am

J.K. Rowling warned us a year ago that two major characters would be die in the final Harry Potter story. :o
But since Lord Voldemort is obviously one, and I doubt it'll be Harry himself, who might the other be? ???
Cast your votes here, and please let us know why.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Subject: Re: Who Else Should Die In "Deathly Hallows"?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/03/07 at 11:31 am

I don't want anyone else to die.  Voldemort can go, and then I think the rest of them should live happily ever after. 

Written By: loki 13 on 06/03/07 at 1:07 pm

I think Cho Chang, I don't read the books I depend on the movies,
but If you can't kill Harry, kill his love interest.

Written By: Doc Brown on 06/03/07 at 2:17 pm

I think Cho Chang, I don't read the books I depend on the movies,
but If you can't kill Harry, kill his love interest.

I don't know, loki. Cho started out as the poor Cedric Diggory's girl, so that relationship seemed doomed from the start for Harry :\'(.
Of course, if you read The Half-Blood Prince, you'll see that there's always Ginny Weasley... :o

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/07/07 at 8:54 am

I've been postulating since last year that Dumbledore is NOT DEAD. Prediction that he will get his final reward in HP&tDH.

Written By: karen on 06/07/07 at 10:19 am

I've been postulating since last year that Dumbledore is NOT DEAD. Prediction that he will get his final reward in HP&tDH.

Was it you who mentioned something about his picture being the clue in a discussion here (possibly in the Song Parodies board)?  I've just finished reading half blood prince to my daughter and as I was reading the last bit I was trying to remember what someone here had written about why they thought Dumbledore wasn't really dead.

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/07/07 at 1:41 pm

Was it you who mentioned something about his picture being the clue in a discussion here (possibly in the Song Parodies board)?  I've just finished reading half blood prince to my daughter and as I was reading the last bit I was trying to remember what someone here had written about why they thought Dumbledore wasn't really dead.

I wasn't the person who brought it up, but it was first noted in the Potter Conspiracy Thread...had nothing to with a picture, but the type of spell that Dumbledore may have been inflicted with. If I have time, I will look it up again...

EDIT: Here's the relevant passages...
Subject: Re: Potter Conspiracy Theories
Written By: thUgZ on 10/09/06 at 1:53 pm

I think I know how Dumbledore survived Snapes Killing Curse. Remember when Moodie showed the class the Unforgiveable Curses in book 4? He said that they can all try and hit him with Avada Kedavra and that they wouldn't succeed in even letting his nose bleed. I think that Snape DID hit Dumbledore, but with a controlled curse, so that it would only look like he killed him. When Harry took the Horcrux from Dumbledores body, he saw a little bit of blood coming from his nose, right and he wiped it off with is sleeve? Thats just what I think could have happened, if he isn't really dead. What do you guys think?

Dumbledore dies?  It was bad enough reading about Cedric dying in Goblet of Fire.  How will my daughter cope with this?

We're still ploughing our way through Order of the Phoenix.
Written By: agrimorfee on 10/10/06 at 1:00 pm

(oops!) :-[
Written By: agrimorfee on 10/10/06 at 1:02 pm

I think it's fairly set that RAB is Regulus Black, Sirius' younger brother.

And a few threads back we established a pretty solid set of circumstances for Dumbledore having drunk the Draught Of The Living Dead in that lake of zombies place. And the whole phoenix rebirthing imagery in his coffin going up in flames.

Gandalf The White, meet Dumbledore The White?  ;)

Smart thinking Luke.

Ha! YOU read it Karen! Thanks for jogging our collective memories! :)

Written By: karen on 06/08/07 at 3:34 am

I wasn't the person who brought it up, but it was first noted in the Potter Conspiracy Thread...had nothing to with a picture, but the type of spell that Dumbledore may have been inflicted with. If I have time, I will look it up again...

EDIT: Here's the relevant passages...
Ha! YOU read it Karen! Thanks for jogging our collective memories! :)

Thanks Agri.  That's the problem with reading the books a few pages at a time.  By the time you've finished one you've forgotten the beginning of it, nevermind how it relates to an earlier book!

edited to add:

Oh yeah I was told to vote.  The option of "I haven't really got an opinion" doesn't seem to be present nor is my other choice of "a new character you've never heard of before" a la Star Trek

Check for new replies or respond here...