inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So you're a rock star....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/17/07 at 8:09 pm

What career interests you....

1)  Being really successful, and selling out stadiums, cause fan panic, Beatles like career.

2)  Having mostly teen fans, as your fan base.

3)  Being once a famous band, but now can only get cash, by doing comeback tours, ads, and "selling out".

4)  Obscure band would no has heard, except for in colleges.

or

5)  Up and coming band, who has just made it big?

Thanks goes to Max Power for the suggestiion.

Subject: Re: So you're a rock star....

Written By: KKay on 06/17/07 at 8:25 pm

Interesting. I like a combination of 1 and 3 and 4.

How about being really successful in colleges and then doing comeback tours?

no ads though.

Written By: La Roche on 06/17/07 at 8:50 pm

I chose the unknown option.

I'd rather be famous for all the wrong reasons. My fan base would be made up of college drop-outs who decided they were too intelligent for the real world so turned to acid and soccer mom's secretly wanting to be brutally ravaged because their husbands were too busy worrying about the Jone's account to nail them. I'd f**k anything that moved and try anything twice, unless it was good, then I'd just make it a habit. Parents would hate me.. and most teenagers would also hate me, because I'd be seen as 'trying too hard'. I'd get busted for burning down a church, that was full, and go to jail, but due to a big payoff to the Judge I'd just go to rich man jail and clean up my act and get a prime time TV show were I'd extol the virtues of unprotected sex with multiple partners, mind-expanding drug use and organ rotting alcohol abuse.

I guess this option would be 6 - Tommy Lee.

Written By: KKay on 06/17/07 at 9:18 pm

I chose the unknown option.

I'd rather be famous for all the wrong reasons. My fan base would be made up of college drop-outs who decided they were too intelligent for the real world so turned to acid and soccer mom's secretly wanting to be brutally ravaged because their husbands were too busy worrying about the Jone's account to nail them. I'd f**k anything that moved and try anything twice, unless it was good, then I'd just make it a habit.

I would be a fan.

Written By: La Roche on 06/17/07 at 9:53 pm

I would be a fan.

Already covered.  :-[...  ;D ;D

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/18/07 at 3:21 am

Hmm, good question.

My answers depend on the decade and my age...

For example:
#2 in the early 70's as a teen.
#4 & #5 in my mid 20's to about 30 around/to early 1981-82 (so I have a reason to practice and develop my "art")
#1 in my mid 30's circa 1995
#3 now in the 2000's age 40 plus (gotta make that $$ for the upcoming golden years).

If you look at the bands that were dominant and successful during the decades, the fan base, the media and $$ associated with their career & tours at the time, you'll understand my answers...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/18/07 at 11:44 am

Me, I'm not sure which option I would choose.

Check for new replies or respond here...