inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Cartoons of All Time

Written By: woops on 08/02/07 at 11:49 pm

Some you agree, disagree, or cartoons you dislike that wasn't ranked...

50. Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon
49. Inuyasha
48. Cow & Chicken
47. Captain Caveman
46. King of the Hill
45. Sniffles the Mouse
44. Proud Family
43. Metalocolypse
42. Yo! Yogi
41. Mucha Lucha
40. The Brothers Grunt
39. Foofur
38. The Replacements
37. It's Punky Brewster
36. The Littles
35. Dave the Barbarian
34. Quack Pack
33. Baby Looney Tunes
32. Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm ('70's cartoon series)
31. Catdog
30. Herman & Katnip
29. Mel O Toons
28. Wish Kid
27. Rocket Power
26. Squidbillies
25. Poke'mon
24. Scooby's Laff-A-Lympics
23. Beverly Hills Teens
22. Stripperella
21. My Gym Partner Is A Monkey
20. Baby Huey
19. Rugrats: All Grown Up
18. 3 South
17. Strawberry Shortcake
16. Sealab 2020
15. Little Audrey
14. The Wonder Twins (from "Superfriends")
13. Camp Candy
12. My Life as a Teenage Robot
11. The Gary Coleman Show

10. 12 oz Mouse

...among the worst from Adult Swim, more inane than "Squidbillies" and features far worse animation than "Tom Goes To The Mayor"

9. Kid Notorious

Comedy Central flop about the adventures of a big shot Hollywood mogul featuring overdone Hollywood satire and bad jokes

8. Loonatics Unleashed

... a completely butchered version of classic Looney Tunes characters like Bugs & Daffy made into cheesy futuristic super heroes.

7. Care Bears
... too sickening and cloying

6. Fatherhood
... an animated version of "The Cosby Show" based on Cosby's books of the same name that aired on Nick at Nite. Also much blander than the popular '80's sitcom.

5. Tom & Jerry (Not the popular cat & mouse!)
http://www.boingboing.net/images/99centtj.jpg

Some years  ago, I bought a cheap public domain DVD that featured an obscure cartoon duo called "Tom & Jerry" out of curiosity, but turned out to be extremely bland and unfunny.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy several cartoons from the 1930's like Looney Tunes (mostly Porky & Daffy), Disney, and a few Betty Boop & Popeye shorts, but "Tom & Jerry" just wan't anything special, which was probably the reason they're long forgotten. Only animation historians would enjoy these cartoons.

4. SpongeBob SquarePants

...one of the most overhyped cartoon of recent times

3. Casper the Friendly Ghost

... Far too bland and corny. Wouldn've been better if it's about a ghost that wants to scare people, but couldn't even scare a young child. Then again, it wouldn't be funny since Harvey Toons (Baby Huey, Little Audrey) are corny.

2. Hammerman/New Kids on the Block (tie)

...two awful cartoons based on a manufactured prototypical boy band and an overexposed rapper, which were everywhere during the peak of their fame when the cartoons were introduced. Besides from bad animation and corny storylines, they shouldn't have been made into a cartoon in the first place. I like a few songs from MC Hammer, but best to leave the cartoon forgotten.

1. Scrappy Doo (Of '80's "Scooby Doo" cartoons)

Though I never liked "Scooby Doo", but the introduction of the annoying Scrappy Doo made it worse.

Subject: Re: Worst Cartoons of All Time

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/07 at 2:35 am

- It's Punky Brewster
- Camp Candy
- Foofur
- The Littles
- Captain Caveman
- The Gary Coleman Show
- Care Bears

All ones I grew up watching and loved to death.  Camp Candy and Care Bears especially for it's Canadian Connections. 

The rest in the list I don't know much about, though 'King of the Hill' is a cartoon that I don't care for at all.  Most of the cartoons made today (that aren't on during prime time) are really crappy.  To me, the last good time for cartoons regularly was maybe the mid 90s.  After that, it all went down hill faster than an old person's breast

edit:  I made a spelling mistake.  I don't know what gartoons are

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/03/07 at 1:08 pm

To me, the last good time for gartoons regularly was maybe the mid 90s.  After that, it all went down hill faster than an old person's breast

Yeah, I would agree with that. Most cartoons that have come out after 1998 or so have been total crap. As far as the list goes, for the most part I agree with it. Even though there are maybe 5 or 6 on here that I did like when I was growing up.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/03/07 at 11:50 pm

I haven't seen most of the cartoons on that bottom 50 list, but I'll gladly add this one to it:

Lil' Bush

http://www.fahad.com/pics/lil_bush_cartoon.jpg

:P

Normally I like CC, but Lil' Bush sucks more than a Hoover vacuum cleaner running on 240V... IOW, spectacular suckage, right before it blows up and melts into a puddle of plastic on your new carpet.

Ant

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/04/07 at 4:14 am

2. Hammerman/New Kids on the Block (tie)

...two awful cartoons based on a manufactured prototypical boy band and an overexposed rapper, which were everywhere during the peak of their fame when the cartoons were introduced. Besides from bad animation and corny storylines, they shouldn't have been made into a cartoon in the first place. I like a few songs from MC Hammer, but best to leave the cartoon forgotten.

1. Scrappy Doo (Of '80's "Scooby Doo" cartoons)

Though I never liked "Scooby Doo", but the introduction of the annoying Scrappy Doo made it worse.

Aaaaack! I never understood why the NKOTB and MC Hammer cartoons were ever made (other than to capitalize on their popularity in the worst way possible). It didn't help I never really liked either act. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy!!!!!

Back then I thought I was the only kid on this planet who hated Scrappy Doo with a deep passion. It's comforting to know that I wasn't alone. I like Scooby, though!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/04/07 at 1:34 pm

Stripperella

Scrappy Doo (Of '80's "Scooby Doo" cartoons)

I actually like Scooby Doo, but I do agree that Scrappy Doo made the show horrible when he was in it.

Stripperella, sounds familiar, I'll have to look that up.

As for cartoons I find horrible, in no particular order...

Mucha Lucha
Beverly Hills Teens
It's Punky Brewster
The Littles
Alvin & The Chipmunks
The Brothers Grunt
Catdog
The Gary Coleman Show(it took only a moment to know that this cartoon was very bad)
Squidbillies
Camp Lazlo(I think that's how it's spelled)
My Gym Partner Is A Monkey
Yu-Gi-Oh
The Smurfs
The Snorks(Smurf knock off)

There are some more that I don't like, this is just off the top of my head.

Edit: Stripperella, looked that up. I heard of it, but I know I've never seen it. Didn't sound like anything I'd want to watch(this coming from a perv).

Written By: zcrito on 08/04/07 at 2:39 pm

. SpongeBob SquarePants

I don't know. I remember some of the earlier ones being pretty funny and imaginative.
And 2004's "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" was on the tele a couple of weeks ago. Not bad actually.

It's just nice to see someone (a character) portrayed that likes his/her job.

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/04/07 at 4:20 pm

Aaaaack! I never understood why the NKOTB and MC Hammer cartoons were ever made (other than to capitalize on their popularity in the worst way possible). It didn't help I never really liked either act. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy!!!!!

I don't remember those, I guess I was too old.  Back in the 70's they made cartoons about the Brady Bunch and the Jackson Five.  They weren't very good.

Written By: woops on 08/04/07 at 7:02 pm

"The Brady Kids" was dumb. "Lil' Bush"... doesn't really make sense since they grew up in the 1950's/1960's and George HW Bush was president in the early 1990's...  ::)

I forgot "Captain Planet".

Written By: whistledog on 08/04/07 at 8:16 pm

I loved Captain Planet.  If it ever comes to DVD, I will definately pick up a copy

Written By: Step-chan on 08/06/07 at 5:09 pm

Back then I thought I was the only kid on this planet who hated Scrappy Doo with a deep passion. It's comforting to know that I wasn't alone. I like Scooby, though!

I remember the MC Hammer one(fortunately never watched it), but I don't remember the NKOTB one.

It's good to know, isn't it? My sister actually likes Scrappy Doo, which you would have to have a strong amount of will to even like. I liked how in the first live movie they actually made him a villian.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/07 at 6:29 pm

My list of the worst cartoons..... ever......

50.  Baby Looney Tunes
49.  Herman & Katnip
48.  The Ripping Friends
47.  Tom and Jerry Kids
46.  Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
45.  Stripperella
44.  Casper, The Friendly Ghost (original cartoons)
43.  New Kids on The Block
42.  Baby Huey
41.  Little Audrey
40.  Loonatics Unleashed
39.  Dragonball Z
38.  G Force (Battle of the Planets)
37.  Fantastic Four (the crudtacular one with the most evilest robot ever..... H.E.R.B.I.E.)
36.  Digimon
35.  Care Bears Family
34.  Pokemon
33.  My Little Pony
32.  Bey Blade
31.  B Daman
30.  Bratz
29.  Yu Gi Oh
28.  Winx Club
27.  Dragonball
26.  Rainbow Brite
25.  The Mighty Hercules
24.  Rubik: The Amazing Cube
23.  12 oz. Mouse
22.  The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo
21.  Archie's Weird Mysteries
20.  Free Willy
19.  Cramp Twins
18.  Dink, the Little Dinosaur
17.  Mona the Vampire
16.  Lloyd in Space
15.  The Mask: The Animated Series
14.  Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea
13.  Stressed Eric
12.  Project G.e.e.K.e.R.
11.  Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics
10.  RoboCop: Alpha Commando
9.  Ozzy & Drix
8.  Rocket Robin Hood
7.  Mighty Orbots
6.  Police Academy
5.  Hammerman
4.  Ghostbusters (No.... not the one with Silmer, but the one with the gorilla.)
3.  Teacher's Pet
2.  Wish Kid
1.  Little Rosie

And The Ulimately, the most worst animated series..... ever..... Naruto.

On  Super Friends and any animated series with the spawn of Satan, Scappy Doo.

Tom and The Mayor are pretty bad too.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/07 at 6:30 pm

Someone should post the top 50 best cartoons ever.

Written By: woops on 08/06/07 at 7:05 pm

Someone should post the top 50 best cartoons ever.

Feel free to post a thread

Along with TV Guide, my #1 would be Bugs Bunny  8)

Written By: Haynsoul on 08/07/07 at 1:18 am

34.  Pokemon

Pokemon fell fast but the first season was still awesome IMO.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/07 at 12:42 pm

Pokemon fell fast but the first season was still awesome IMO.  :D

I'm still disturbed that Pokemon promotes violence against women... see Bye Bye Butterfree

46. King of the Hill

36. The Littles

33. Baby Looney Tunes

32. Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm ('70's cartoon series)

27. Rocket Power

I love these shows.... especially King of the Hill... its in my top ten.  I like Jaime McBains list better.
And as for Spongebiob I totally think its underrated. The show is truly meant for adults. I have found myself choking on the laughter because of all of the stuff written between the lines.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/09/07 at 1:08 pm

I'm still disturbed that Pokemon promotes violence against women... see Bye Bye Butterfree

I've seen that episode, but when did it happen?

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/07 at 1:43 pm

I've seen that episode, but when did it happen?

When the boy butterfree approaches the female (for mating season) she spurns him. 

He goes back to the kids who tell him to:

use powers on her
take her while she's stunned

and
be assertive because that's what love is

Found this quote  posted on  TV.com

Misty: That's right, Butterfree! You've got to be assertive!
Butterfree: Free?
Misty: Love is all about attacking your opponent first! Get in a good punch and surprise them, then while they're still weak, take the lead and you'll beat ‘em hands down! Trust me! I know! That's the best way to win!
Brock: D'ya mean it?
Misty: Sure do! That's love!
Brock: Ah! I wish I'd known that sooner!

Take this ^  lesson and apply it to college campuses across the country. 
Boy is at a party sees a girl he likes
Girl dismisses boy
Boy slips ruffies into girls drink
Boy takes girl...while she's stunned.... hmmm in California that is rape.

Written By: woops on 08/09/07 at 2:56 pm

Daffy Duck/Speedy Gonzales... what were they thinking!  ::)

Most Silly Symphonies cartoons I've seen are boring despite that they're well animated. Though I like a few like "Three Little Pigs" and "Elmer Elephant"

Most animation buffs dislike Chuck Jones "Tom & Jerry", but the worst would be the cartoons from the 1970's (not sure if they were theatrical or made for tv) with the pair as friends

Written By: Step-chan on 08/10/07 at 12:24 pm

When the boy butterfree approaches the female (for mating season) she spurns him. 

use powers on her

and

Misty: Love is all about attacking your opponent first! Get in a good punch and surprise them, then while they're still weak, take the lead and you'll beat ‘em hands down! Trust me! I know! That's the best way to win!

Girl dismisses boy

Thank you, it's been a long while since I've even seen the episode.

Of course, any guy that stoops to doing that shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Edit: I now remember something from a song intro: Now there difference between humans and animals that you should know about... (or something like that)

Extra edit: I want to see part of the episode, I'll have to look it up though. It's seems unusual that 4kids would let that line be used.(Bad time for me not to have my headphones)

Edit: How did you find that post on that site? I can't get it to come up on google... I've tried  several word combinations and no success.

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/07 at 7:13 pm

Thank you, it's been a long while since I've even seen the episode.

Of course, any guy that stoops to doing that shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Edit: I now remember something from a song intro: Now there difference between humans and animals that you should know about... (or something like that)

Extra edit: I want to see part of the episode, I'll have to look it up though. It's seems unusual that 4kids would let that line be used.(Bad time for me not to have my headphones)

Edit: How did you find that post on that site? I can't get it to come up on google... I've tried  several word combinations and no success.

I googled "Bye Bye Butterfree" Quote  I had to google it because I have the quote on my computer at home but I was at work at the time.

Written By: Haynsoul on 08/11/07 at 2:53 am

use powers on her

and

Girl dismisses boy

That sort of thing just flies over kids heads. It flew over mine.  :o I thought Misty was just using her battle experiences as a metaphor to help Butterfree "hook up". After all, they are Pokemon and they're meant to fight each other. You're probably just looking too much into that episode.

If it actually convinced a person to use violence against women then that person must have been f'ed up to begin with.

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/07 at 9:59 am

That sort of thing just flies over kids heads. It flew over mine.  :o I thought Misty was just using her battle experiences as a metaphor to help Butterfree "hook up". After all, they are Pokemon and they're meant to fight each other. You're probably just looking too much into that episode.

If it actually convinced a person to use violence against women then that person must have been f'ed up to begin with.

It lays a foundation... not that the kids recognize at the time but still that information gets stored in the subconscious.  We are a country steeped in pop culture. Everyday someone uses some pop culture reference to illustrate their point. We quote lines from favorite shows and have these images stuck in our heads. So it's not reaching to say that some boy somewhere saw this episode and will subconsciously refer to the subtext when trying to "woo" some girl.... it's a bad message to send- period. 

All the religious "right" who were concerned about the  "homosexual" subtext of Teletubbies (and now Spongebob) seem to overlook things like this.  In 2000 I remember hearing on the radio that the Pope gave his seal of approval to Pokemon (Bye Bye Butterfree aired in 1998.  Apparently he was talking about the video games but you have to already approve of the primary source if you are going to endorse the products that follow it.
The Vatican has announced that the trading-card and computer-game versions of  Pokémon are "full of inventive imagination," have no "harmful moral side effects" and celebrate "ties of intense friendship." Whether that extends to the TV show, His Holiness didn't say.

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/07 at 10:00 am

they also forgot Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go...

Written By: Step-chan on 08/13/07 at 4:49 pm

I googled "Bye Bye Butterfree" Quote  I had to google it because I have the quote on my computer at home but I was at work at the time.

That's what I did before(minus the word Quote)... and while it had the site that had the quote on there, it just led to the front. I went to serebii(a pokemon site I go to from time to time) and looked it up on the episode information. Assert is one of the words(although it didn't have a script, just a play by play of the episode).

;)

In Misty's case, assert might actually be sort of in the direction of showing off it's moves, but not actually using them on the Butterfree it likes.

It lays a foundation... not that the kids recognize at the time but still that information gets stored in the subconscious.  We are a country steeped in pop culture. Everyday someone uses some pop culture reference to illustrate their point. We quote lines from favorite shows and have these images stuck in our heads. So it's not reaching to say that some boy somewhere saw this episode and will subconsciously refer to the subtext when trying to "woo" some girl.... it's a bad message to send- period. 

All the religious "right" who were concerned about the  "homosexual" subtext of Teletubbies (and now Spongebob) seem to overlook things like this.  In 2000 I remember hearing on the radio that the Pope gave his seal of approval to Pokemon (Bye Bye Butterfree aired in 1998.  Apparently he was talking about the video games but you have to already approve of the primary source if you are going to endorse the products that follow it.
The Vatican has announced that the trading-card and computer-game versions of  Pokémon are "full of inventive imagination," have no "harmful moral side effects" and celebrate "ties of intense friendship." Whether that extends to the TV show, His Holiness didn't say.

Hmm.. Kinda tricky to determine. But I kinda agree with Haynsoul. It's true that these things can have an affect, but it whether or not it really causes the problem to happen is unknown. This sort of debate also exists in video games as well, but there are many factors that make really difficult to pinpoint a single form of media(TV, video games, music, etc.).... There have been many studies on different forms of media and the affects on the human mind, but most haven't had a clear answer.

Written By: snozberries on 08/13/07 at 6:40 pm

In Misty's case, assert might actually be sort of in the direction of showing off it's moves, but not actually using them on the Butterfree it likes.

Quotes:  "be assertive", "use your powers"  & "take her while she's stunned"  nothing there implies using the powers just to show off. They are advising him to use the powers on her.

I under what you are saying about the video games but the difference is the video games are directed for a mature audience. This pokemon episode was intended for young children.

Written By: woops on 08/13/07 at 8:17 pm

The new cat cartoon on ABC Family  ::) :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/07 at 10:13 pm

. SpongeBob SquarePants

I don't know. I remember some of the earlier ones being pretty funny and imaginative.
And 2004's "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" was on the tele a couple of weeks ago. Not bad actually.

It's just nice to see someone (a character) portrayed that likes his/her job.

I can't stand SBSP, but it's not the worst.
I can't stand Rugrats, but it's not the worst.
I can't stand Ed, Edd, and Eddy, but it's not the worst.
I love "L'il Bush" but only because I can't stand the Bush administration.

The worst cartoons were in the '80s, pre-Simpsons.  Deregulation allowed all kinds of toy and breakfast cereal tie-ins.  It was the cartoon selling the plastic and sugar.    You know which ones I'm talking about, and one is just about as awful as another.  I would say the absolute nadir of the nadir of cartoons was Muppet Babies.  It lasted six horrible years from 1984--1990.  Unbelievable.
::)

Written By: Haynsoul on 08/14/07 at 7:22 am

Quotes:  "be assertive", "use your powers"  & "take her while she's stunned"  nothing there implies using the powers just to show off. They are advising him to use the powers on her.

I under what you are saying about the video games but the difference is the video games are directed for a mature audience. This pokemon episode was intended for young children.

I finally remember what happened in that episode. All butterfree did was show off his moves to the female butterfree (which is what Misty actually meant). He didn't attack her at all. I'm assuming the "take her while she's stunned" is supposed to mean, "ask her out while she's still impressed".

There was also the scene where team rocket tries to steal the female butterfree but Ash's butterfree is able to rescue her all by himself. That's when she falls in love with him.

There's no way that could have sent a negative message.

Written By: woops on 08/14/07 at 4:25 pm

I liked "Muppet Babies"  :D

Though I was a a toddler/small child

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/14/07 at 10:13 pm

I liked "Muppet Babies"  :D

Though I was a a toddler/small child

I used to call it "Muppet Rabies."
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vuur1.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/14/07 at 10:19 pm

American Dad

Freekazoid

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/14/07 at 10:43 pm

American Dad

The rhythm and delivery of that show reminds me of the old Firesign Theater records

EXCEPT

It's not funny.
:(

Written By: snozberries on 08/18/07 at 9:51 am

I love "L'il Bush" but only because I can't stand the Bush administration.

;D

The worst cartoons were in the '80s, pre-Simpsons.  Deregulation allowed all kinds of toy and breakfast cereal tie-ins.  It was the cartoon selling the plastic and sugar.    You know which ones I'm talking about, and one is just about as awful as another.  I would say the absolute nadir of the nadir of cartoons was Muppet Babies.  It lasted six horrible years from 1984--1990.  Unbelievable.

Sorry but I kinda liked the Muppet Babies.. Baby Fozzie was cute and baby animal lol

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/07 at 12:58 pm

The Flintstones wasn't the worst, but it was pretty rotten. 

If only we could send Gary Larson back in time to be Hanna-Barbera's script consultant....
But I don't know if the TV-viewing public was ready for that in 1968!
;)

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 08/18/07 at 1:46 pm

http://www.80scartoons.net/images/b/barbievideo.jpg

awful Jem & The Holograms rip-off.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 08/18/07 at 1:49 pm

i also can't stand sponge bob....

and i also hate bush with a passion, but lil' bush is awfully contrived.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/07 at 1:52 pm

awful Jem & The Holograms rip-off.

Yeah...that looks pretty awful!

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 08/18/07 at 4:03 pm

and doesn't barbie look like elizabeth berkley (jessica spano on saved by the bell, and of showgirl fame)?

Written By: woops on 08/19/07 at 3:10 pm

"Naratu", anime and also the title character has the same hair style as Lisa Simpson  ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 08/19/07 at 3:14 pm

"Naratu", anime and also the title character has the same hair style as Lisa Simpson  ::)

Naruto?

I love Naruto, but that's also because of the fact that I love ninjas.

Written By: woops on 08/19/07 at 3:59 pm

Yes, and sorry for the mispelling  :-[

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/19/07 at 4:31 pm

While I agree that the "Scrappy Doo" cartoons aren't all that great, there's got to be others worse than that. I mean, there were without a doubt some bad cartoons in the '80s, but the cartoons from this decade are way worse. IMO there should be way more post 2000 cartoons on here.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/07 at 5:19 pm

Yes, and sorry for the mispelling  :-[

Don't worry about it. ;)

I only asked to make sure(for all I know there could have been a cartoon under spelled the way you asked it).

Written By: Dukefan on 08/21/07 at 8:32 pm

46. King of the Hill

What?  King of the Hill is great.  Early on it had a very unique, subtle sense of humor.  Now it's turning crappy like the Simpsons did about eight years ago, with more outrageous plots and slapstick stuff.  Guess they are running out of ideas.

That said the first 4 or 5 seasons were genius.  Lots of clever jokes, hidden gags, etc...classic Mike Judge.  (I think that's actually the reason some people don't like the show - a lot of the humor isn't obvious)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/21/07 at 9:17 pm

The rhythm and delivery of (( American Dad )) reminds me of the old Firesign Theater records

EXCEPT

It's not funny. :(

"Why do you hate America?!?!" :)

OK, it's not as funny as the 22-minutes-of-non-sequitur (oh, the huge Manatees) that made Family Guy wonderful, but I think American Dad is some of the best political satire to come down the pipe.  (And before you ask, yes, I'm still laughing at Stan, not with him :)  If you crossed Archie Bunker with Al Bundy, you'd get Stan Smith. 

"But that'd never happen, because Al and Archie would know never to produce offspring out of marriage!  And not to get married just because they wanted to produce offspring!  Which they couldn't!  And they'd also know not to get married just to adopt a child!  Which they don't!  Okay?  Nine-eleven!"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/07 at 11:00 pm

What?  King of the Hill is great.  Early on it had a very unique, subtle sense of humor.  Now it's turning crappy like the Simpsons did about eight years ago, with more outrageous plots and slapstick stuff.  Guess they are running out of ideas.

That said the first 4 or 5 seasons were genius.  Lots of clever jokes, hidden gags, etc...classic Mike Judge.  (I think that's actually the reason some people don't like the show - a lot of the humor isn't obvious)

"King of the Hill" is more like an animated sit-com than a "cartoon."

Too often sit-com dads are at the extremes:  They're either preachy know-it-alls, such Ward Cleaver and Cliff Huxtable--
Or they're clueless buffoons, such as Archie Bunker and Al Bundy.

Hank Hill is more balanced.  He's neither the father who knew best all along nor the last guy on the program to figure it out.  Sometimes he's stubborn and rigid but other times he shows wisdom and sensibility. 

The characters on Beavis and Butt-head were carictures, whereas King of the Hill allowed Mike Judge to develop his little Texas world.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/22/07 at 6:07 pm

"Why do you hate America?!?!" :)

OK, it's not as funny as the 22-minutes-of-non-sequitur (oh, the huge Manatees) that made Family Guy wonderful, but I think American Dad is some of the best political satire to come down the pipe.  (And before you ask, yes, I'm still laughing at Stan, not with him :)  If you crossed Archie Bunker with Al Bundy, you'd get Stan Smith. 

"But that'd never happen, because Al and Archie would know never to produce offspring out of marriage!  And not to get married just because they wanted to produce offspring!  Which they couldn't!  And they'd also know not to get married just to adopt a child!  Which they don't!  Okay?  Nine-eleven!"

My favorite episode is the sex education. I thought that one was pretty funny.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/12/07 at 10:28 pm

Best film ending... ever.  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 09/14/07 at 3:03 pm

Best film ending... ever.  ;D

I remember watching it with my cousin, when it got to that part, he said: I bet you didn't see that coming.

Written By: woops on 11/11/07 at 12:21 am

Maybe because I'm old, but "Chowder" is garbage  8-P

Oddly, the title character reminds me of Eek! the Cat by it's appearance (but with middle ages type clothes).

Written By: whistledog on 11/11/07 at 12:29 am

South Park.  I just watched a bit of this, and I still can't understand how this cartoon has been on so long.  It's sooooooooo stupid

Written By: Step-chan on 11/11/07 at 2:43 pm

South Park.  I just watched a bit of this, and I still can't understand how this cartoon has been on so long.  It's sooooooooo stupid

I used to watch it, but haven't really seen it in awhile....

I agree that it's overrated abit, but I have enjoyed it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/12/07 at 1:03 am

***Caution: some or all of what you are about to read might be stone bullsh#t!"

Here's why I like it.  In the three main characters you've got  the three main components of the Freudian mind structure:

Stan is the Ego
Kyle is the Superego
Cartman is the Id

Sometimes Stan and Kyle reverse roles, but most importantly, it is Cartman the Id who is forever leading the Ego (Stan or Kyle) down the path of dissolution and destruction, and thus the Superego must intervene. 

Just as Satan is the most fascinating figure in Milton's "Paradise Lost," Cartman is the reason we all tune into South Park.  It's simple.  Without the evil, we don't have a story. 

In more peripheral characters we find other personalities we know.  Kenny is the hard luck case.  No matter what goes down, Kenny is f**ked.  Like so many young men from the hardscrabble side of town, Kenny is razzed because his family is poor and dies young in a fight or a terrible accident.

Butters.  Butters is the good guy.  Butters is not the valiant hero so much as he is the good soul who faces intimidation from both his parents and his peers.  He's kind of a nervous and frightened person, but in the end he musters up the courage to stand up for what's right. 

It's all up to how you look at it really.

In my family, all the guys love South Park and all the women hate South Park.  Some of the excessive vulgarity on South Park is indeed filler for weak scripting.  However,  some of it is handeled brilliantly.  By rights, I shoul hate South Park because it's so primitive and scatological, and I would if it was not so well done.

The one I really hate is "Drawn Together."

Oh, and Casper.  Casper really blows!

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/07 at 11:11 am

***Caution: some or all of what you are about to read might be stone bullsh#t!"

Here's why I like it.  In the three main characters you've got  the three main components of the Freudian mind structure:

Stan is the Ego
Kyle is the Superego
Cartman is the Id

Sometimes Stan and Kyle reverse roles, but most importantly, it is Cartman the Id who is forever leading the Ego (Stan or Kyle) down the path of dissolution and destruction, and thus the Superego must intervene. 

Just as Satan is the most fascinating figure in Milton's "Paradise Lost," Cartman is the reason we all tune into South Park.  It's simple.  Without the evil, we don't have a story. 

In more peripheral characters we find other personalities we know.  Kenny is the hard luck case.  No matter what goes down, Kenny is f**ked.  Like so many young men from the hardscrabble side of town, Kenny is razzed because his family is poor and dies young in a fight or a terrible accident.

Butters.  Butters is the good guy.  Butters is not the valiant hero so much as he is the good soul who faces intimidation from both his parents and his peers.  He's kind of a nervous and frightened person, but in the end he musters up the courage to stand up for what's right. 

It's all up to how you look at it really.

In my family, all the guys love South Park and all the women hate South Park.  Some of the excessive vulgarity on South Park is indeed filler for weak scripting.  However,  some of it is handeled brilliantly.  By rights, I shoul hate South Park because it's so primitive and scatological, and I would if it was not so well done.

The one I really hate is "Drawn Together."

Oh, and Casper.  Casper really blows!

I used to like South Park for all the reasons you mentioned.

I also liked that it was edgy and controversial... I didn't mind the episode where Cartman dresses as Hitler and a Klansman in search of the perfect Halloween costume.  I should have been offended (particularly by the Klansman in my case) but I wasn't because I understood that Cartman meant no malice in doing this he was just looking for the scariest costume he could find....

However, I turned off the episode where Mr Garrison cried because he believed his father didn't love him. What was his proof? His father never molested him!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

I couldn't believe that someone (especially an educator) would complain about not being molested.... I found that highly offensive.  I haven't watched an episode since!

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/12/07 at 9:39 pm

Here's my top-10 worse and why....

10-Simpsons. You had good seasons between 1990-2002, but since 2002 the jokes wore so thin that I didn't laugh at one episode. The Simpsons movie kicked-ass though.

9-Ren and Stimpy. I'm sorry, but I never grew up with this show and even if I did see it I would say "What the hell...?"

8-Earthworm Jim. It really wasn't funny.

7-Story of the Brothers Grunt. I saw it...and I don't want to see it again.

6-Dora the Explorer. Is she really learning our kids?

5-Scooby Doo. His shows are overused and they are basically doo-doo.

4-Spongebob Squarepants. 'Nuff Said.

3-Any Disney Reincarnate Show. Mickey Mouse Works, House of Mouse, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse really sucked Disney dry.

2-Any Looney Tunes Reincarnate show. Duck Dodgers was okay, but it was ruined with Baby Looney Tunes and Loonatics Unleashed. Never desecrate with Looney Tunes!

1-Any Japanamation cartoon. It had to start with Pokemon!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/13/07 at 12:35 am

I haven't watched an episode since!

South Park Episodes.

The deal with South Park is that you have to expect that even your particular ox will be gored from time to time, and to take it in stride. 

You've been missing out.  The three-part "Imaginationland", airing just a couple of weeks ago was epic.  Seasons 10 and 11 are some of the best work that Matt and Trey have ever done. 

If you watch nothing else, watch Season 9, Episode 12, "Trapped in the Closet", for which, ten years ago, people got sued for so much as talking about.  (And it explains why Chef had to leave the series, since he was part of the cult whose secret teachings were exposed :)

For sheer laughs, Season 10, Episode 8, "Make Love, Not Warcraft" is probably the funniest episode they've ever done, especially if you (or someone you know) has ever played WoW.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 1:31 am

South Park Episodes.

If you watch nothing else, watch Season 9, Episode 12, "Trapped in the Closet", for which, ten years ago, people got sued for so much as talking about.  (And it explains why Chef had to leave the series, since he was part of the cult whose secret teachings were exposed :)

For sheer laughs, Season 10, Episode 8, "Make Love, Not Warcraft" is probably the funniest episode they've ever done, especially if you (or someone you know) has ever played WoW.

That's the Tom Cruise one right? I remember hearing about it... Yeah okay I might with this strike and all the good tv shows are gonna dry up soon anyway so I'll need some filler.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/13/07 at 8:01 pm

South Park Episodes.

The deal with South Park is that you have to expect that even your particular ox will be gored from time to time, and to take it in stride. 

You've been missing out.  The three-part "Imaginationland", airing just a couple of weeks ago was epic.  Seasons 10 and 11 are some of the best work that Matt and Trey have ever done. 

Isn't the "Trapped in the closet" episode the one where Issac Hayes quit? Mainly because of he's a Scientologist?

I hadn't seen that episode, but heard that he quit due to Scientology being lampooned.(for lack of a better word)

Written By: Dude111 on 11/13/07 at 8:26 pm

I agree with everything on the list!!!

4. SpongeBob SquarePants

That should #1 ;D (Total trash)

Written By: woops on 12/09/08 at 4:51 pm

Worst Cartoons of 2008:

"Total Drama Island"... no different than it's live action "reality show" counterparts with people bickering and cheesy challenges

"Superjail"... though the animation reminds me of Mike Judge's work, the cartoon lacks humor, overuses extreme violence (more gross than funny), and is far too weird

"George of the Jungle" remake, ugh wrong in so many levels since it ruined the classic cartoon  8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/10/08 at 9:58 pm

That's the Tom Cruise one right? I remember hearing about it... Yeah okay I might with this strike and all the good tv shows are gonna dry up soon anyway so I'll need some filler.

Yup.

Isn't the "Trapped in the closet" episode the one where Issac Hayes quit? Mainly because of he's a Scientologist?

I hadn't seen that episode, but heard that he quit due to Scientology being lampooned.(for lack of a better word)

"Yes", "Yes", and "Not precisely", in that order.

Yep, that's the one where Hayes quit.
Yep, his cult was a central factor.
And not precisely "lampooned", but "accurately described one of its central myths". 

The myth in question is so far out there that it's indistinguishable from the non-sequiturs of a Family Guy episode, never mind South Park, which is why it got the subtitle "This is what Scientologists Really Believe".  It's also why there's a volcano motif on the covers of some of their books.

It's typically withheld from cult members until around $300,000 in fees for various lower-level courses have been paid.  The official story is that revelation of the story to people who aren't adequately prepared is can specifically lead to death by pneumonia.  Hayes, if he was of sufficiently high rank in the cult to have learned of the story through official channels, would believe this, and be morally obliged to resign.  (And if of insufficiently-high rank, his superiors would have ordered him to resign.)

The secret itself came out about 10-15 years ago and has spread all over the net, it's even got a Wikipedia Page.  When it first came out, the cult sued people for copyright infringement, not libel.  That is, the cult claimed the text as its own intellectual property, and not some fabrication.

The South Park episode doesn't infringe on any copyright -- it's merely a description of the events described in the copyrighted text.  At one time, the only people who knew the story were cultists who's sworn themselves to secrecy, and even describing the story would have been a violation of the cult's trade secrets. 

Leaving aside the issue of why a "religion" needs trade secrets... (I can hear Kirk saying "Why does God need a Starship?" as I type this...)

The important thing about trade secrets is that they have very weak protection under ntellectual property law.  You can sue the person who leaked it for violating their nondisclosure agreement, but once a trade secret leaks (as this one did), anyone who didn't sign a nondisclosure agreement (like Matt and Trey!) are free to describe what they've read, even if they can't use the text verbatim.  It's why the formulae for Coca-Cola and KFC's spice mixtures are stored in vaults.  The story of how the cult's secret first leaked reads a bit like a spy novel, and is full of epic lulz, but it's left as an exercise to a reader.

The episode aired a few years ago, and was the first time the secret was aired to a mass audience.  There hasn't been a global pandemic of pneumonia yet, so you can make your own call as to how hazardous it is to your lungs.  For example, you might inhale a potato chip while laughing...

Anyways, this is a thread about cartoons, and that's more than any of you ever wanted to know about South Park's Trapped in the Closet.

35 year old overweight, sweaty geeks who believe that they can throw anything at us and we'll say please and thank you.

What are "Things not to say at a Deathklok concert", Alex?

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/11/08 at 10:16 pm

I'm not sure if I was talking about Metalocalypse.

Metalocalype is a little closer to genius than insanity.  Hey, there's at least a plot on every episode, which is more than can be said for some of their other programmes.  (For what it's worth, I enjoy Metalocalypse, ATHF, Space Ghost, and of course, MST3K.  Part of the beauty of Adult Swim is seeing how close you can get to that line without crossing it.  Metalocalypse would be lame if it weren't so over the top.  It's glorious self-parody; the animated equivalent of the Doom Comic Book.)

Written By: woops on 12/12/08 at 10:04 pm

Most cartoons from Adult Swim aren't much different than the cartoons on regular Cartoon Network. Though more crass  and features unnecessary gore/violence.

Written By: robby76 on 12/12/08 at 10:13 pm

From the original list, I'd have to disagree with The Littles and Care Bears. Both were great cartoons with great animation. And I think kids could do with a moral at the end of their half hour!  ;)

As for It's Punky Brewster - I do love it as it's part of the Punky franchise, but I agree elements like the annoying Glomer should've been removed. Let's just say the concept of a Punky cartoon was good, but they ruined it by changing the formula and introducing a way out character.

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/marlioe/blogsectarios/glomer.jpg ... oy!  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/08 at 7:15 pm

1\2 of Adult Swim = Masterpieces
1\2 of Adult Swim = 35 year old overweight, sweaty geeks who believe that they can throw anything at us and we'll say please and thank you. Next new cartoon idea - Have a hairy guy in his shorts run around a tree for 30 minutes going woof woof.

I love "Aquateen Hungerforce"!  It can get as disjointed and bizarre as the human mind can comprehend, but as long as they've got good gag writers and amusing storyboards, I'm probably going to like it.  A cartoon like "Family Guy" would have been totally impossible 40 years ago, except maybe in an avant garde PhD animation group. 

One problem emerged with cartoons like "Tom Goes to the Mayor," which was based on a schtick that wasn't funny and had dumb animation." 

"Drawn Together" is just a stupid concept, everything's hypersexualized, and again it's not even funny. 

And I just hate "Rug Rats"!

The thing is, I grew up watching Flintstones and Scooby-Doo reruns and compared to that drek, "Rug Rats" is Shakespeare!

Written By: woops on 12/17/08 at 1:39 pm

I liked the concept of "Drawn Together", but it should've been done better.

"The Critic" is a good show, though sometimes watch it on Reelz whenever it's on.  We need a Jay Sherman now since majority of the films really do stink!

Written By: Big Nasty on 01/02/09 at 9:35 pm

In my opinion you can pretty much just pick one at random from todays Cartoons for kids (Simpsons, Family Guy and Drawn Together are Adult).
Whatever happened to Bugs Bunny and Friends, Scooby Doo, GI Joe, or He-Man? I am no fan of this Anime stuff especially the Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon stuff.  So I say just put the titles on a dart board and toss a few darts you are bound to hit a terrible one...and that is my opinion.

Written By: woops on 03/01/09 at 3:17 pm

"Kid vs. Kat"

Besides the animation that looks to be borrowed from "Little Einstiens", it's pretty much forgettable.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/01/09 at 3:25 pm

I liked the concept of "Drawn Together", but it should've been done better.

Agreed.  From what I can garner, it tries to be racy all the time.  It's too MTV.  Harvey Birdman was quite adroit with the same concept.

Written By: Big Nasty on 03/01/09 at 3:31 pm

And now I see that they are releasing a Dragonball live action moivie....do I hear a Raspberry in it's future already?

Written By: Step-chan on 03/02/09 at 1:30 am

^ I've seen a preview of that, Ugh!

"Yes", "Yes", and "Not precisely", in that order.

Yep, that's the one where Hayes quit.
Yep, his cult was a central factor.
And not precisely "lampooned", but "accurately described one of its central myths". 

The myth in question is so far out there that it's indistinguishable from the non-sequiturs of a Family Guy episode, never mind South Park, which is why it got the subtitle "This is what Scientologists Really Believe".  It's also why there's a volcano motif on the covers of some of their books.

It's typically withheld from cult members until around $300,000 in fees for various lower-level courses have been paid.  The official story is that revelation of the story to people who aren't adequately prepared is can specifically lead to death by pneumonia.  Hayes, if he was of sufficiently high rank in the cult to have learned of the story through official channels, would believe this, and be morally obliged to resign.  (And if of insufficiently-high rank, his superiors would have ordered him to resign.)

The secret itself came out about 10-15 years ago and has spread all over the net, it's even got a Wikipedia Page.  When it first came out, the cult sued people for copyright infringement, not libel.  That is, the cult claimed the text as its own intellectual property, and not some fabrication.

The South Park episode doesn't infringe on any copyright -- it's merely a description of the events described in the copyrighted text.  At one time, the only people who knew the story were cultists who's sworn themselves to secrecy, and even describing the story would have been a violation of the cult's trade secrets. 

Leaving aside the issue of why a "religion" needs trade secrets... (I can hear Kirk saying "Why does God need a Starship?" as I type this...)

The important thing about trade secrets is that they have very weak protection under ntellectual property law.  You can sue the person who leaked it for violating their nondisclosure agreement, but once a trade secret leaks (as this one did), anyone who didn't sign a nondisclosure agreement (like Matt and Trey!) are free to describe what they've read, even if they can't use the text verbatim.  It's why the formulae for Coca-Cola and KFC's spice mixtures are stored in vaults.  The story of how the cult's secret first leaked reads a bit like a spy novel, and is full of epic lulz, but it's left as an exercise to a reader.

The episode aired a few years ago, and was the first time the secret was aired to a mass audience.  There hasn't been a global pandemic of pneumonia yet, so you can make your own call as to how hazardous it is to your lungs.  For example, you might inhale a potato chip while laughing...

Anyways, this is a thread about cartoons, and that's more than any of you ever wanted to know about South Park's Trapped in the Closet.

What are "Things not to say at a Deathklok concert", Alex?

He quit over it "accurately describing what they believe?"

Hmm.. another wikipedia page was kinda mixed in why he quit. I need to look up other sources.(I love me some controversy)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/02/09 at 12:12 pm

^ I've seen a preview of that, Ugh!

Hmm.. another wikipedia page was kinda mixed in why he quit. I need to look up other sources.(I love me some controversy)

"South Park" rips on everything.  I don't understand why the late Isaac Hayes didn't predict they'd get around to ripping on Scientology. 

Written By: Step-chan on 03/03/09 at 7:57 pm

"South Park" rips on everything.  I don't understand why the late Isaac Hayes didn't predict they'd get around to ripping on Scientology. 

Yeah, with South Park, nothing's above being spoof.

I also read that they held off on spoofing Scientology for awhile because Hayes was a Scientologist. I'd have to go back and check when they decided to do so, I know it had something to do with what some Scientologists did(or something in that area).

Oh, read something else about when he quit South Park, that someone might have quit it for him. But this is just one variation of the story(he had a stroke around that time as well).

Written By: Step-chan on 03/03/09 at 8:06 pm

Found out when they decided to do it.

Stone & Parker decided to create the episode after hearing that comedian Penn Jillette had been barred from poking fun at the controversial religion on his cable show Penn & Teller: B*******!.

Written By: anabel on 03/08/09 at 9:50 pm

Cartoon Network has "Chowder" which I despise, and "Flapjack" which is almost as bad. My son, who's 8,  loves them and I just don't get why. I have tried to watch with him, but I have never laughed at either of them one time.    8-P

Written By: woops on 03/09/09 at 1:52 pm

I like the animation on "Flapjack" since it looks original, though it's pretty much garbage. I'll admit that I've laughed once or twice on a few episodes.

"Chowder", would be better if the characters are thrown into dip!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/3114492544_115b614f5d.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 03/10/09 at 6:29 pm

I like the animation on "Flapjack" since it looks original, though it's pretty much garbage. I'll admit that I've laughed once or twice on a few episodes.

"Chowder", would be better if the characters are thrown into dip!

Goes to look up those series.

Edit: Definetly doesn't look like anything I'd want to watch.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/17/09 at 10:48 pm

I can't speak for the late Chef, but yep, that's what they really believe.  A Scilon spoketurion inadvertently confirmed the space alien story on the air last week.  (...and he inadvertently confirmed it just like they've done just about every time an interviewer has dared to come up with the subject.  Lulz.  I'm amazed they're still trying to deny it, it's been public knowledge for about 15 years.)

The Scilon followed its programming well.  First, deny everything ("Oh no, those are just lies about us!").  Second, tie it in with an attempt to recruit for the cult. ("Join us and see for yourself!")  Third, if the interviewer does have the facts, accuse him of being a naughty person. (Always using emotionally-loaded words like "bigot" or "hate", and tying those words to "religious beliefs".)

Those techniques worked against the reporters of the 60s and 70s, against whom they were designed.  Today, they merely result in lulz and moar epic fail for the cult.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/20/09 at 9:31 pm

That they do.^ :D

Written By: woops on 04/05/09 at 12:40 pm

Not fond of the Scooby Doo clones (even Scooby itself...though like the theme song) except "Josie & The Pussycats"

Written By: Womble on 04/05/09 at 5:51 pm

I've always disliked 'Speed Racer'. I found the show to be long and boring.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/05/09 at 9:18 pm

Not fond of the Scooby Doo clones (even Scooby itself...though like the theme song) except "Josie & The Pussycats"

Josie rules!

Written By: Womble on 04/06/09 at 7:23 am

Josie rules!

Love Josie! Watched it all the time. I know all the songs.

Written By: woops on 06/30/09 at 11:41 am

"DJ & The Fro"...

Pretty much two slackers from some generic work setting (ie cubicles) that watch random internet videos and making comments (much like "Beavis & Butt-Head" with music videos)

...while Viacom and others takes down good stuff from YouTube 8-P

Written By: Tia on 06/30/09 at 12:06 pm

i got groovy ghoulies from etflik a couple years ago and found it rather bad.

Written By: Frank on 06/30/09 at 5:26 pm

i got groovy ghoulies from etflik a couple years ago and found it rather bad.

The shows used to be good back then, but looking back now they weren't that good. 

Written By: woops on 06/30/09 at 5:42 pm

There's tv shows that we thought were good as a child, but realize that they aren't as an adult.

Like many threads on Toon Zone (not a member, but enjoy reading threads), "Nostalgia Tends To Blind Us"

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/09 at 5:58 pm

Almost any cartoon made today is total garbage

Written By: Frank on 06/30/09 at 7:10 pm

Almost any cartoon made today is total garbage

You can add the word "song" to that sentence as well

Written By: anabel on 06/30/09 at 7:22 pm

I was wondering where this thread had gotten to!  I've been wanting to mention "Total Drama Island' and "Sixteen" if I hadn't already. They are SO stupid!  Matthew tries to watch them and I make him change it-I think he does it just to irritate me... ::)

Written By: woops on 06/30/09 at 7:35 pm

I was wondering where this thread had gotten to!  I've been wanting to mention "Total Drama Island' and "Sixteen" if I hadn't already. They are SO stupid!  Matthew tries to watch them and I make him change it-I think he does it just to irritate me... ::)

Technically anything from Cartoon Network from the past decade except for a very few from Adult Swim (ie "Harvey Birdman", "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", "Boondocks").

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/04/09 at 10:31 pm

I feel bad. I like alot of those cartoons. Like King of the Hill and Spongebob.  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 7:46 pm

I feel bad. I like alot of those cartoons. Like King of the Hill and Spongebob.  :)

"King of the Hill" is awesome!  The prototype for Hank Hill was a character on "Beavis and Butt-head" called Tom Anderson, a Texas god ole boy.  Judge and Daniels made Hank Hill a little younger and less of a buffoon than Anderson, but I think King was really the show Judge wanted to make because "Beavis and Butt-head" didn't have the kind of staying power he was looking for.

Written By: woops on 07/08/09 at 12:35 pm

I actually like some episodes from the first few seasons like the paintballing episode with Green Day and the Halloween episode with somebody trying to ban the holiday, but find the show mostly boring and easily could've been done in live action.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/08/09 at 8:08 pm

SpongeBob is okay, but I love King of the Hill.  I was completely that they canceled it.

Written By: Womble on 07/12/09 at 1:18 pm

SpongeBob is okay, but I love King of the Hill.  I was completely that they canceled it.

I agree. I thought the show was still fresh and had a lot of life left.

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 1:37 pm

Mike Judge has new cartoon animated series on  ABC called the Goode Family.  Its about this Vegan, green, environmentally obsessed (insert all the other buzz words and stereotypes)...   

They are overly concerned with doing the right thing but they don't really seem to know why its the right thing to do - yet they want everyone else to do it... so they grow their own garden, recycle, buy organic foods, join PC clubs, are anti-organized religion  ;D  (as seen when the daughter joined an abstinence club), befriend same-sexed couples, have black neighbors but try not to draw attention to race....etc

the show kind of sucks but it has its moments... I especially love the fact that they are raising their dog to be vegan- but the dog craves meat...well... worse than I do!  :D  so there are some funny scenes about the dog stalking squirrels and pretty much getting his meat fixation in anyway possible.  ;D

Written By: woops on 07/15/09 at 11:19 am

Watched parts of the "SpongeBob" documentry on VH1 for curiousity and I pretty much have the same opinion as before  8-P

Too annoying and childish (the "swearing" episode is pretty much to teach kids to watch what they're saying and I find all the characters too annoying and never understood the appeal of the show)

It's strange that creator Stephen Hillenburg have directed episodes of "Rocko's Modern Life...

Probably a generation thing, but I own a tape that contain a few episodes like "Suck-o-Matic" and the one with Rocko trying to throw away the trash that are still funny.

Check for new replies or respond here...