inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Halloween series Vs. Friday The 13th series Vs. Nightmare On Elm Street Series

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/16/07 at 10:20 am

Halloween was the movie that started my horror/slasher obsession back in the summer of 2002 or '03, and I love the first 4 sequels (that includes Season Of The Witch!). I have such fond memories of watching the series. I like that it takes itself more seriously than the F13 or NOES series, and I also like how it pretty much has one continuing story, up to Part 6 at least. I also think it's the scariest series of the three.

The F13 series I think is kind of overrated. I like the first 4 installments, but I don't think they're very scary. Some of the later films are pretty enjoyable, too. But something about it just feels overrated to me.

I actually think alot of the knock-off's from the early 80's are much better than anything in the series they copied.....

I like the NOES series alot. And it holds some of the only horror comedies I can tolerate. And I love how creative it is. There are endless possiblities about how Freddy can kill someone. I also like how it continues one story throughout most of it as well.

Plus the original NOES is actually a respectable horror film.

Subject: Re: Halloween series Vs. Friday The 13th series Vs. Nightmare On Elm Street Seri

Written By: anthead on 09/16/07 at 11:19 am

i love the first and third halloween movies.

not a big fan of F13th

i looooove nightmare on elm street flicks. i recently showed the first one to my youngest brother who was born in 1987 so he'd never seen it before. at first we were of course making fun of johnny depps ahir and clothes and what not but by the time i had to leave he was like "dude you can't leave me here with this thing on!" he was pretty good and scared! he told me later that he finnished the movie and had trouble sleeping.... awesome! chalk one up for old school slashers!

Subject: Re: Halloween series Vs. Friday The 13th series Vs. Nightmare On Elm Street Series

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/16/07 at 7:43 pm

When it comes to all three series, I've always preferred the originals. Friday the 13th parts 2 and 3 weren't too bad, and I've never been fond of the Halloween and NOES sequels.

Subject: Re: Halloween series Vs. Friday The 13th series Vs. Nightmare On Elm Street Series

Written By: Dukefan on 09/17/07 at 5:23 pm

I've always thought the first Halloween was on a level above the rest of the slasher films from that period...it's just a great movie in general.

As for the series as a whole, I'd also go with Halloween, followed by Nightmare on Elm Street.  The first three Friday the 13ths were ok, but that series as a whole sucks.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/18 at 12:55 pm

Who here has a favorite horror film?

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 1:00 pm

Saw the new Halloween and I must go with:  SCREAM

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/18 at 1:01 pm

My favourite horror films are none of these, "Psycho" and "Jaws".

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 1:02 pm

My absolute favorite is Candyman.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/18 at 1:09 pm

I would definitely go with the original Halloween film from 1978.

Written By: AcoBrasil on 10/22/18 at 1:31 pm

I would definitely go with the original Halloween film from 1978.

I second that.  Possibly the best horror movie ever made.

Written By: AcoBrasil on 10/22/18 at 1:33 pm

The first F13 is underrated.  Great suspense elements in that movie, though the picture quality hasn't aged well.  Still doesn't touch Halloween I.

Halloween 2-4 were worth watching.

I'm not a huge fan of NOES in general.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 1:40 pm

I loved Halloween H20.  In fact, it's one of my favorite horror movies ever.  I was not that crazy about the new one.  Saw it Friday night.

Written By: woahjoey on 10/25/18 at 2:00 am

Halloween and Scream are probably my top two classic horror movies.  Recent ones include Insidious and The Conjuring.  I am looking forward to the new Suspiria movie coming out next month!

Check for new replies or respond here...