inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did you ever wish you were someone else?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/16/07 at 10:39 am

I want so BAD to be Morrissey. I sucks being my little insignificant, untalented, uninteresting, unintelligent, uniformed, un-incredibly handsome self  :\'(.

I swear Morrissey is the coolest person who has ever lived!

Who have you ever wished you were?

Subject: Re: Did you ever wish you were someone else?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/07 at 12:35 pm

Nope, I am happy with the things are in my life.

Written By: whistledog on 09/16/07 at 12:58 pm

I too am happy with the things in my life

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/16/07 at 1:42 pm

I want so BAD to be Morrissey. I sucks being my little insignificant, untalented, uninteresting, unintelligent, uniformed, un-incredibly handsome self  :\'(.

I wonder... if you were Morrissey,would Morrissey be the coolest person who has ever lived too?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/16/07 at 1:44 pm

I can't even figure communism out. I'm so ignorant  :\'(.

I wish I were smart and intelligent and informed, and could hold intelligent conversations the way Morrissey can.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/07 at 4:07 pm

As a kid, I always wanted to be my sister. She is beautiful, smart, witty, talented, etc. etc. But, now, I am happy with the way my life turned out. But, I still admire my sister.

Cat

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/16/07 at 7:45 pm

I'm pretty happy with who I am now. When I was a kid, I wanted to be more like my best friend-she was the fearless, daring type that I never could be.  :(

Written By: La Roche on 09/16/07 at 9:12 pm

I think I'd like to be Kim Jong Il or somebody like that.. maybe for a week or two, it'd be funny as s**t, I'd be all leaking news that I'd developed such and such a dirty bomb, getting everyone panicked.. yeah, that'd be fun.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/16/07 at 10:24 pm

yes...somedays I would like to be anyone but me.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/16/07 at 11:47 pm

Weird Al is my hero (well, one of them), so I've often thought it would be great to be him. Not just because he's pretty much THE most popular parody artist of all time, but just because he makes a living by rewriting songs and joking around with pop culture and pretty much anything else. Personalitywise, he's like a big kid/class clown/goofball...yet at the same time, he's also quite intelligent and from all I've heard, is a nice and caring guy in real life.

There's other celebs like Jerry Seinfeld, various '80s musicians, talk show hosts, veejays and people like that I've thought about wanting to be.

Then again, if I really were them, I'd be looking up to somebody else, so I wouldn't be "experiencing" it through the same eyes I've always looked at them as...if that makes any sense. I guess being me isn't so bad. Maybe I'll even get to be a pop culture figure of the 2010s or 2020s that someone else will say, "Whoa, that guy is cool".

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/07 at 3:39 pm

I can't even figure communism out. I'm so ignorant  :\'(.

I wish I were smart and intelligent and informed, and could hold intelligent conversations the way Morrissey can.

I don't think anyone has figured out communism, don't feel bad. ;)

I can't really say I'd want to trade places with someone else or be someone else instead of me. Even though I have problems like everyone else and at times am not happy with different things, I still wouldn't really want to be someone else(maybe that comes from my Aquarian side).

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/20/07 at 7:34 am

i don't think i'd really want to be anyone instead of me either, but i just really, really wish i had the traits/qualities of some people, like Morrissey or Kate Bush.

but there are some times when i wish i was someone completely different, like Morrissey.....

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/07 at 12:22 pm

I don't mind being me I just wish I had done being me a little differently

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/09/07 at 10:17 pm

I don't mind being me I just wish I had done being me a little differently

Well said!  Me too.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/07 at 11:16 pm

Karma +1 for sounding like me 20 years ago!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif

George Orwell.  I mean, I didn't want to look like him (geek for geek, not much of a trade) and I don't plan on dying of consumption at the age of 46, but to be so brilliant I would give anything. 
When I was in college I tried to write essays as great as Orwell's, but I never came close...and I never will!
:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...