inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: worst DVD commentary

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/07 at 7:06 pm

This is inspired by +++Hot Stuff+++

What is the worst DVD commentary you can recall?

The two that immediately come to mind are

Fast Times at Ridgemont High because for the first 20 minutes or so they hardly say anything... it's like they get all caught up in the movie but once they get going the commentary continues long after the credits have stopped rolling.

Superman mostly because Richard Donner goes into this long boring dialogue about technical aspects of making the film rather backstory about the production.

Subject: Re: worst DVD commentary

Written By: woops on 09/28/07 at 7:11 pm

John Krisfalusi (sp), his girlfriend, and Eddie Fitzgerald on some cartoons on the Popeye set, from most reviews I've read

Michael Barrier sounds extremely boring, almost like Ben Stein, on the Looney Tunes DVDS, though still nformative

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/29/07 at 10:07 pm

I was really dissapointed by John Carpentars commentary on Halloween. He got way too techincal, and I was bored to death.

The commentary on Christmas Evil is also extremely akward.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/07 at 1:38 am

Worst commentary:

Four Weddings and a Funeral, it is three people (Richard Curtis, the director and the producer) talking about the aspects of the film. It was the confusion of the three different voices that caused it.

Written By: Gis on 10/01/07 at 6:03 am

The one on Father Ted, you'd have thought that the guy who'd written such a funny series would be hysterical but it was just *SO* boring!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/07 at 2:10 pm

The one on Father Ted, you'd have thought that the guy who'd written such a funny series would be hysterical but it was just *SO* boring!
I will cross that of my list...

Written By: Tia on 10/04/07 at 4:00 pm

the parent trap. hayley mills and the director came out to talk about it, but because it was made in 1961 they mostly engaged in variations of one of them saying, "you remember this?" the other person saying, "nope," and the first person saying, "me either."

Written By: anthead on 10/04/07 at 4:07 pm

all mel gibson commentary is awful. all he does is talk about what the weather was like while shooting

the commentary on the cell was disappointing because the director's accent is so thick  you cant understand a word

the commentary on billy madison is terrible. she keeps saying...oh hahahah i forgot about this part, i dont remember anything about that.

robert altmans commentary on gossford park is suicidally boring

wes anderson's commentary on life aquatic was surprisingly bad

Written By: snozberries on 10/06/07 at 1:32 pm

the dirty dancing commentary (on the original dvd- I haven't listened to the commentary on the ultimate edition to see if anything was changed)
The original commentary was kind of sad because all you hear about is how many people who worked on the film have died since the theatrical release.  "Oh he's dead now, she's dead too"  I was shocked to learn that Robbie the waiter was dead 

Written By: woops on 11/01/07 at 3:47 pm

John Krisfalusi (sp), his girlfriend, and Eddie Fitzgerald on some cartoons on the Popeye set, from most reviews I've read

Thankfully only did one  commentary on the recent Looney Tunes set ("Buckaroo Bugs") :P

Wondering if Eddie Fitzgerald & Kali (an animator, from what the DVD set stated) were on something since they were constantly laughing. ::)

Yeah, it's a great cartoon, but Kali laughed the most and hardly said anything besides on how she liked how the guns looked and the rubber hosed animation used.

John K was being his cocky/pretentious self as usual.

Check for new replies or respond here...