inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One Album wonders.

Written By: holicman on 10/03/07 at 2:26 am

Maybe we should start a list of bands who were leashed upon us in a hail of commercial hype, had 2 or 3 big songs on one album and then were literally never heard from again.

I am struggling to think of certain bands but I know there are a few from the nineties that I have pretty much never heard of again.

One off the top of my head would be soul Asylum.

Subject: Re: One Album wonders.

Written By: woops on 10/03/07 at 3:26 am

Arrested Development's debut album had three hits (1992/1993) and they basically faded from popularity

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/07 at 3:36 am

How many albums did Milli Vanilli have?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/03/07 at 6:20 am

Frankie Goes To Hollywood is one example.

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/07 at 9:38 am

One of the BEST examples of a one album wonder came from Canada.  Sometimes you can start off with unbelievable success, and then you fall pretty hard ...

World on Edge was a Canadian pop group whose 1990 self-titled debut album sent 7 singles (6 Top 40) into the Canadian chart spanning 1990-1992.  A follow-up album failed to chart, and produced no hit singles, so the group called it quits.  Because they were a Canadian group, not many Canadians will remember them by name, but their songs are definately remembered to hear them

http://www.geocities.com/godeltsihw/worldonedge2.jpg

(Check those 90s hairstyles LOL)

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/03/07 at 11:06 am

What about 3rd Eye Blind?  I only knew of one album they did.

Or Fastball, Spin Doctors?

Written By: woops on 10/03/07 at 5:20 pm

I think The Sex Pistols only released one album.

Written By: tv on 10/03/07 at 6:09 pm

How many albums did Milli Vanilli have?
I think they did 2 albums: 1 album was their 1988 or 1989 album but the other was their comeback album which failed so they were a 1 album wonder I believe.

Check for new replies or respond here...