inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nude Toons

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 8:01 am

Once in awhile, a cartoon character will be seen without clothing. It varies from barnard nudity with Donald Duck losing his shirt to the usual Homer Simpson's butt.

It seems that there was some nudity in cartoons in the 30's and 40's and it didn't become big again until the 90's.

What cartoon character (animal or human) was seen naked in a cartoon, and if you can be specific.

Subject: Re: Nude Toons

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/07 at 8:02 am

Donald Duck walks around with no trousers on.

Written By: whistledog on 10/05/07 at 10:30 am

Donald Duck walks around with no trousers on.

But whenever he comes out of the shower, he wraps a towel around his waist ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 1:52 pm

But whenever he comes out of the shower, he wraps a towel around his waist ;D

They did show that in one cartoon, Bearly Asleep. Donald comes out of the shower wearing a towel. (And there was another cartoon where Donald Duck gets locked in the shower by a smart-ass bee in Slide Donald Slide.)

Written By: Step-chan on 10/05/07 at 2:40 pm

This makes me think of something I remember in a Toons magazine I have.

Tweety bird was originally feather-less in his first cartoon. They ended up making him yellow(a color of feathers) so he wuldn't appear to be naked.

But like Donald and Daffy duck, Porky doesn't wear any pants!!!

:D

Written By: woops on 10/05/07 at 3:15 pm

Porky Pig also wore a towel in "Porky's Pooch"  ::)

There's also cartoons where the fur/feathers would come off and you could see their boxers.

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/07 at 1:45 pm

The cow from Barnyard is a boy cow but he has udders  ::)  and he walks around naked

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/09/07 at 6:09 pm

Porky Pig also wore a towel in "Porky's Pooch"  ::)

There's also cartoons where the fur/feathers would come off and you could see their boxers.

This is what I'm looking for. And remember '2 Stupid Dogs' when they revised Secret Squirrel? There was one episode called 'Sirrocco Mole' and both Morrocco and Sirrocco Mole were naked because Secret Squirrel vacumed their clothes off.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/09/07 at 6:43 pm

The cow from Barnyard is a boy cow but he has udders  ::)  and he walks around naked

That drove me crazy...when I took the kids to see the movie I kept thinking...Why does a boy cow have udders?  He's a BULL!!

There were some old cartoons with turtles, usually the turtle wore boxers under their shell.

You see Patrick Star's butt in the Spongebob Sqaurepants movie.  I know you also see Spongebob's butt, can't remember if it's in the movie or one of the episodes.  Plankton never wears clothes.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/10/07 at 12:13 pm

In Kim Possible her friend Ron carried a naked mole rat in his pocket. Was it just me or did the mole rat look a little like a ....

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/10/07 at 4:06 pm

That drove me crazy...when I took the kids to see the movie I kept thinking...Why does a boy cow have udders?  He's a BULL!!

There were some old cartoons with turtles, usually the turtle wore boxers under their shell.

You see Patrick Star's butt in the Spongebob Sqaurepants movie.  I know you also see Spongebob's butt, can't remember if it's in the movie or one of the episodes.  Plankton never wears clothes.   ;D

Speaking of Nicktoons...what about Rocko?

Written By: snozberries on 10/10/07 at 5:05 pm

didn't porky pig blush if he lost his shirt? 

we'll have to ask woops I haven't seen a porky pig cartoon in about 15 years but I seem to remember him getting all shy, blushing and "clasping" his hooves together as if he were covering his crotch...

Written By: Step-chan on 10/10/07 at 6:08 pm

In Kim Possible her friend Ron carried a naked mole rat in his pocket. Was it just me or did the mole rat look a little like a ....

Morrocco mole? :D

Written By: woops on 10/10/07 at 7:22 pm

Don't recall a Porky Pig cartoon, but seen a Donald Duck cartoon where he covers his crotch area a few times.

There was a "Ren & Stimpy" episode where Stimpy is ashamed of not wearing pants.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/10/07 at 10:25 pm

Sure, Porky wore no pants, but he didn't live up to his name.
:-\\

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/11/07 at 9:26 am

Don't recall a Porky Pig cartoon, but seen a Donald Duck cartoon where he covers his crotch area a few times.

There was a "Ren & Stimpy" episode where Stimpy is ashamed of not wearing pants.

Donald Duck did cover hsi crotch in Tea for 200, Donald Gets Drafted, and Bellboy Donald.

And on Cartoon Network toons, such as Dexters Laboritory, Dexter was seen without clothing. Like one time he had a stain-removal machine and it ate up all its clothes so during a time when the students were seeing a film, Dexter streaked back to his house to get another lab suit.

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/07 at 10:07 am

there's an episode of Rugrats called Naked Tommy- Tommy decides he likes it better running around without his diaper than with

of course Bart waved his little flag in the Simpsons movie...

Written By: woops on 10/11/07 at 3:30 pm

Beavis & Butt-Head,  one episode when Buzzcut pulls a prank on them on PE with an alarm, which they ran outside with only underwear.  Also speedos from a Sporting Goods store, which Daria took a picture of them.

"Family Guy", numerous times with Peter Griffith (fat covering his crotch)

"Drawn Together", various times.

"South Park", a few times. One episode I remember is when Cartman walks into a crowd naked, which he got more attention than Butters, who was injured.

"Rocko's Modern Life", Heiffer gets naked and flies around Rocko's house

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/07 at 10:21 am

Spongebob runs around naked a lot too

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/15/07 at 10:57 pm

"Rocko's Modern Life", Heiffer gets naked and flies around Rocko's house

Don't forget that episode when Rocko was walking downstairs to drink out of the milk carton and it became a film!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/07 at 2:45 am

Spongebob runs around naked a lot too
At least he keeps his trousers on.

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/07 at 9:55 am

At least he keeps his trousers on.

No he doesn't there are several episodes where Spongebob strips down to nothing. In other episodes he is in his underwear. He likes to take his pants off a lot. I guess squarepants are a wee bit uncomfortable even if you are square too.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/07 at 10:28 am

No he doesn't there are several episodes where Spongebob strips down to nothing. In other episodes he is in his underwear. He likes to take his pants off a lot. I guess squarepants are a wee bit uncomfortable even if you are square too.  ;D
I think I will stay clear of those episodes

Check for new replies or respond here...