inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite stores?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/15/07 at 7:24 am

For clothing, I love American Apparel. I love fashions from the 70's and 80's, and lot of thier clothing is inspired by those decades. I also love all the bright colors their clothing comes in. And most importantly, they actually have my SIZE. I wear an XS, and hardly anyone carries XS.

I also love Hot Topics, because they have my size as well (youth medium, which is like an XS), and they have alot of awesome band shirts.

I also LOVE the clothes (and shoes) at Urban Outfitters, but they don't carry my size  >:(. They're expensive anyway, so I wouldn't be able to afford them in the first place.

Other stores I love are BORDERS, which I used to go to every day to do my homework, and Jewel Osco. I love to grocery shop. I like Domincks as well. I also Like Michaels Crafts. Not that I'm a craft person (i'm terrible at arts and crafts, anyway), but I just love being in those stores.

There's also this used CD/vinyl/DVD/VHS store in Chicago I LOVE called Reckless Records. And it's right across from American Apparel AND Urban Outfitters.

Subject: Re: Favorite stores?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/15/07 at 7:43 am

My favorite stores are thrift stores. Goodwill, Salvation Army, and another other little local thrift shops. I am so used to buying things at thrift shops...that now when I go to the mall (which I seldom do)...I get severe sticker shock! ;D

I also love antique stores and fleatique shops.

Bookstores are also my favorites, and I love those used CD/movie/game stores...you can get some great deals there too.

Bath & Body is also another favorite store...a girl's gotta smell good...ya know! ;)

Written By: anthead on 10/15/07 at 7:49 am

thrift stores, antique stores, dollar stores.

barnes and noble, best buy, toys r us, and i shop for groceries at meijer.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/15/07 at 9:54 am

For clothes it's Aeropostle and Sears.

For books it's Barnes and Noble.

For groceries Giant

Everything else Target.

Written By: whistledog on 10/15/07 at 10:04 am

Thrift stores for me:  Value Village (known as Savers in the USA and Australia), Goodwill, Salvation Army and the March of Dimes.  Being a big collector of vinyl and cassettes, these places are a gold mine for me

I also love the Used CD shops.  We have a local one here called 'Chumleighs' that I visit all the time.  They always have great deals, and often times I can get things there that are not available anywhere else, such as ... I found copies of the now deleted Seasons 1 and 2 of 'Too Close For Comfort' for $19.99 each

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/15/07 at 2:24 pm

For clothes or housewares, I like Ross...

(If you really search that store, every now and then you'll come up with a really good bargain!)

For shoes, I like Bass...

(Good quality leather shoes that last a long time!)

For food/groceries I like Costco or Foodland (local grocer)...

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/15/07 at 4:22 pm

Being a big collector of vinyl and cassettes, these places are a gold mine for me

I'm also a big collector of casettes. I'm always buying them at GoodWill.

Written By: woops on 10/15/07 at 4:25 pm

Also Goodwill  :D

Rare video tapes of animation, music videos/film,  & movies not on DVD yet and many that won't be on DVD anytime soon

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/15/07 at 7:40 pm

I guess I'm kinda a big spender, although I hardly ever pay full price for anything (that's just wrong, lol).

Clothing stores:
Old Navy
TJ Maxx
The Gap
JCPenney
Mervyns
And, on the more expensive side - Macy's, Gottschalks, Banana Republic, Maxstudio, J. Crew, American Eagle Outfitters, Ann Taylor, etc.

Food:
Raley's/Nob Hill
Lucky
Safeway
Trader Joes

General Merchandise:
Target
K-Mart

Check for new replies or respond here...