inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has TV on DVD rekindled your love for certain shows ?

Written By: whistledog on 11/04/07 at 12:23 am

Now that you can get many great TV shows both past and present on DVD, has there been any that you've been watching that totally made you love a show all over again ?

4 big ones for me ...

Benson.  On the channels I get, Benson hasn't been in reruns since the very early 90s, so watching the S1 set was a total throwback for me.  The way Benson and Inga made snappy remarks to each other.. i'd totally forgotten how funny that was.  I swear I haven't laughed so hard in years

St. Elsewhere.  A show I remember from the 80s, but not one that I watched as I was too young to understand it at the time.  Watching it now .. i loved the plot lines and the cast of characters.  I was really sad when I finished watching the S1 set.  I want more!

Silver Spoons.  The ultimate sitcom for kids in the 80s, and another one I hadn't seen in many many years.  Watching the S1 set, I felt like a kid all over again

Adventures of the Gummi Bears.  Disney's first animated series, and still the best!  Again, another one I hadn't seen, this one probably since it actually went off the air.  Total blast from the past on this one!

Subject: Re: Has TV on DVD rekindled your love for certain shows ?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/04/07 at 12:28 am

Yes...most definitely! I look forward to different retro shows to come out on DVD. When I watch them..it brings back memories from my younger years.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/04/07 at 7:47 pm

Watching retro shows on DVD remind me how much I used to love watching television. I'm so glad so many of them are available on DVD.  :)

Written By: woops on 11/07/07 at 2:08 am

None since most came before my time  :D

Honestly, Looney Tunes (I know they're from the early/mid 20th century, shown in theatres, and aimed towards adults) since I now have a new respect for them and  uncut since most I've seen were colorized or edited on tv (for Un PC reasons  ::) ).

Most tv shows/cartoons I grew up on doesn't stand the test of time, but that's another topic  :P

Written By: snozberries on 11/07/07 at 7:06 pm

Yeah- Kate and Allie... I knew I liked it but I forgot I loved it.... mostly tho- syndicated TV has me longing for the DVD releases of shows because I want to see what jokes were cut out!

Written By: whistledog on 11/07/07 at 10:40 pm

Yeah- Kate and Allie... I knew I liked it but I forgot I loved it.... mostly tho- syndicated TV has me longing for the DVD releases of shows because I want to see what jokes were cut out!

'Kate and Allie' totally took me back also.  The first 4 seasons (released in Canada only) are out and as I watched them, I totally loved this show all over again.  True friends can last a lifetime

Check for new replies or respond here...