inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wierdest Cartoons You've Seen

Written By: woops on 11/28/07 at 1:15 am

Theatrical:

10. "Spooks", Oswald Rabbit cartoon, 'Phantom of the Opera' parody. "Hell Heels" is close thouh...

9. "Great Piggy Bank Robbery", Daffy Duck as 'Duck Twacy'. Upclose scenes of the villians.

8. "Stage Hoax", early 50's Woody Woodpecker cartoon. One scene features Woody in drag and with multiple legs (don't ask)

7. "Alice In Wonderland", several scenes especially towards the end with the chase.

6. "Duck Amuck", Daffy Duck cartoon where an unseen animator (a certain wabbit) constantly changes the scene and even Daffy's body

5. "Der Fuehrer's Face", WWII Donald Duck cartoon featuring the duck being forced to work at a munitions factory for the evil dictator

4. "Minnie The Moocher", most Betty Boop cartoons would fit the category, though it's the strangest I've seen. About Betty & Bimbo going to a cave and meets a ghost walrus voiced by Cab Calloway

3. "Sh-h-h-h-h-h", last Tex Avery directed short about a man that wants complete silence

2. Bugs Bunny invading Elmer Fudd's dream in "Big Snooze"

1. Pink elephants scene from "Dumbo"

TV cartoons:

"Traffic Zone" 4 part episode of "Hoppity Hooper" with the main characters visit another dimension that turns people into vegetables (like the bear turining into a turnip).  A bit strange...

"The Simpsons"... when Homer & Bart turns CGI in a early '90's Holloween episode. Good thing the movie wasn't done that way...

"Ren & Stimpy"... "Black Hole" when the main characters constantly mutate would be the weirdest... though the show's plain twisted in the first place (in a good way)

"South Park"... many  episodes  including the first with an alien probe inside of Cartman and parts when he sings "I Love To Singa"

Subject: Re: Wierdest Cartoons You've Seen

Written By: Step-chan on 11/28/07 at 6:15 pm

That's a pretty good list. I'll have to think of some of the weirdest cartoons I've seen here in alittle bit.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/28/07 at 6:29 pm

TV:(From what I seen while at relatives, I don't have cable at home)

1. Squidbillies- In general.

2. Aqua Teen Hunger Force- I've watched a few of these, one of the weirdest was the one where Meatwad had the Ouija-board video game(for lack of a better word).

3. Cat-Dog- In general.

4. Cow & Chicken- Especially when Cow becomes Super Cow.

I can't think of any theatrical at the moment, I come back later.

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/29/07 at 2:53 pm

Uh Family Guy I dont understand it at all.. but its addictive.

Written By: Lindee on 12/01/07 at 6:57 pm

The Ambigeously Gay Duo from SNL

Written By: chatterbox on 12/03/07 at 3:07 pm

Hmmm....

1. Catdog
2. Spongebob

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 3:49 pm

"Duck Amuck", Daffy Duck cartoon where an unseen animator (a certain wabbit) constantly changes the scene and even Daffy's body

There was a sequel to this, where Bugs got the same treatmeny, and it ended up the artist was Elmer Fudd.

"Well, I finawwy got that scwewy wabbit! Heh-huh-huh-huh-huh!"

Subject: Re: Weirdest Cartoons You've Seen

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/03/07 at 5:03 pm

Theatrical:

1. Pink elephants scene from "Dumbo"

Not weird but very surreal.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/03/07 at 5:34 pm

It was a cartoon I saw a long time ago-I believe during an animation festival (well, it was basically 1 film that had a bunch of cartoon shorts in it). There was a baby in a room and the only thing that was in the room was a door. DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING!!! The baby goes to try to open the door but can't. There is basically a flash of light and the baby is now a toddler. He still can't get the door open. Another flash a light and he is older. This goes on and he gets older and older. Finally he is an old man and finally dies-without ever opening the door. The door finally opens on its own and out pops an ironing board.  :o :o :o  I looked for it but couldn't find it-which is why I gave away the ending.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: woops on 12/09/07 at 7:49 pm

Private Snafu "Rumors", especially that Theodore Giesal (aka Dr. Suess) worked on those cartoons

Written By: woops on 04/30/08 at 3:49 pm

"Mighty B" cartoon

Especially with the Paris Hilton kid turning into dust and getting eaten by forest animals.

Written By: Bobby on 05/07/08 at 7:06 am

Those old Fleischer cartoons from the 30s/40s were strange animals indeed but they are so clever and the animation was top-notch.

The most bizarre cartoons I saw was 'The Cat that laid the Golden Furball' and 'Stimpy's lost son/Stimpy's first fart'. The latter was incredibly depressing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/08 at 8:34 am

The Smurfs?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/09/08 at 7:38 pm

Ren & Stimpy, even though I still like it today, is probably the wierdest cartoon I have ever seen.

Sponge Bob seems pretty strange too, even though I haven't seen as many episodes of it.

Written By: woops on 05/11/08 at 2:28 pm

I'm quite suprised that the new episode of "Mighty B!" passed the censors since it's something I'd expect more on "Adult Swim" than a 2000's overly PC Nickelodeon cartoon from this decade.  :o 8)

All I can say is that it's about Bessie & Penny getting inside of a replica of a human body.

Written By: Shlarin on 07/14/08 at 3:32 am

Cat Soup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_soup

I've watched this like 5 times and I'm still lost...

Written By: NbC on 07/14/08 at 6:14 am

Ren and Stimpy

I Am Weasel

Catdog

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/15/08 at 9:19 pm

There's a reallt bizarre Yougoslavian cartoon called "Ersatz" (or "Surrogate") in which a triangle-shaped guy goes on holiday using entirely inflatable objects.

It was made about 1964.

It was on Youtube, can't find it now.

You'll have to settle for some Mel Brooks "The Critic" (not to be confused with the John Lipschitz cartoon, whatever his name is).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4_lEvUTOiY

Written By: woops on 08/04/08 at 11:27 pm

"Misadventures of Flapjack" and "Chowder"

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/06/08 at 1:04 pm

It was a cartoon I saw a long time ago-I believe during an animation festival (well, it was basically 1 film that had a bunch of cartoon shorts in it). There was a baby in a room and the only thing that was in the room was a door. DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING!!! The baby goes to try to open the door but can't. There is basically a flash of light and the baby is now a toddler. He still can't get the door open. Another flash a light and he is older. This goes on and he gets older and older. Finally he is an old man and finally dies-without ever opening the door. The door finally opens on its own and out pops an ironing board.  :o :o :o   I looked for it but couldn't find it-which is why I gave away the ending.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

If you can't find that name of that cartoon, tell these guys here at www.bcdb.com. (Yes, I go there too. And maybe sometime I'll go to that site and write down what you wrote about that cartoon and maybe I'll get an answer. They're real good at that.)

And for the weirdest cartoon that I've ever seen, it would be "The Story of the Brother's Grunt". It was too weird, I couldn't even watch 30 seconds of it!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/06/08 at 1:21 pm

my little boy loves that! :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/08 at 7:11 pm

Weird in a bad way--

I think it was called "Tom Goes to the Mayor."

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/07/08 at 2:44 pm

It was a cartoon I saw a long time ago-I believe during an animation festival (well, it was basically 1 film that had a bunch of cartoon shorts in it). There was a baby in a room and the only thing that was in the room was a door. DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING!!! The baby goes to try to open the door but can't. There is basically a flash of light and the baby is now a toddler. He still can't get the door open. Another flash a light and he is older. This goes on and he gets older and older. Finally he is an old man and finally dies-without ever opening the door. The door finally opens on its own and out pops an ironing board.  :o :o :o   I looked for it but couldn't find it-which is why I gave away the ending.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

The cartoon was called "Room and Board" which was animated by Randy Cartwright.

Thank God I'm a member of BCDB site too. ;)

Written By: woops on 03/01/09 at 3:24 pm

"Drinky Crow", though sometimes good

Written By: woops on 05/29/09 at 11:50 pm

"Quasi At The Quackadero"

Soooo psychedelic  :D

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/09 at 9:24 am

Beavis and Butthead.  To me, this is still one of the dumbest cartoons ever.  I don't know how it was ever popular, or why.

Mike Judge did better with 'King of the Hill', which in itself was often weird, but it wasn't stupid

Written By: anabel on 06/02/09 at 5:55 pm

Quote from: woops on August 04, 2008, 11:27:33 PM

Posted by Quirk
my little boy loves that!

My son watches those 2 shows sometimes, but I've never heard him laugh once from them and I have never laughed. I let him watch them in his room, but he's growing sick of them finally, I think! *crossing fingers*

Written By: anabel on 06/02/09 at 5:59 pm

I forgot one.  Does Disney's "Fantasia" count?  I know, it's a movie, but dancing Hippos, swirly visual effects....I don't even remember the other weird stuff, but that movie is proof that Walt Disney smoked some funky stuff at least once!  :D

Written By: woops on 06/02/09 at 7:33 pm

There's rumors that "Chowder" will get canned... though Cartoon Network will be airing live action reality shows  :P

Don't know what many on Toon Zone see on that show...

Written By: woops on 10/26/09 at 3:36 pm

A classic surreal cartoon from the early 1930's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GARjop8e_w

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/05/09 at 11:34 pm

Someone mentioned the spisode of the Might B  where Bessie and her friend were in the human body. I laughed till I cried at that one. When antacid and chili were swirling out the body and Bessie is hugging her friend SCREAMING "don't panic! we'll be okay! DON'T PANIC!"

Some of the Spongebob's don't figure to me. I still secretly think that Spongebob is gay, because when he and Patrick took care of a baby scallop and Patrick was out late, Sponge met him at the door in a nightgwn, slippers and curlers like a real angry wife. (I had to go find my ass because I'd laughed it off) But I don't know. Tomorrow a new Spongebob is coming on that says he and Sandy Cheeks, the little squirrel, were married. (I know, I watch too many cartoons. LOL)

The South Park episode where Cartman went on a talkshow claiming he could "do what I want!" and dressed like a hooker. That was just wrong.

The Boondocks where Riley tried to go save a fictional rapper called Gangstliscious--I am not making this up--from a rival rapper. The rival kidnapped Riley and Gansta, stripped Gangsta naked, tied him up, KISSED HIM ON THE LIPS (two big burly ghetto-fied men!) and was like "we were in love! it was thug lovin!" and him and his honmeys shot at Gangsta. Five men missed, and Gansta ran off naked in the woods! LMAO

There was another one where Riley got into another fake rapper called Thugnificent and this man was singing stuff about Bros over H(bleep)s and had that poor boy wearing a bra and stuff! LOL!

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/17292.gif
Gangstaliscious

http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/02262008/2/b/7/e/2b7e8585e86860_full.jpg
Thugnifiscent with the afro puff and two of his "homies"

http://i.adultswim.com/asfix/repository/8a25c3920eaf5fa6010eafc3fecd017e/thumbnail_45264.jpg
Riley in his Bros over H(bleep)s shirt. (Also known as the Bro or Manssiere to those who watch Seinfeld)

Written By: woops on 11/06/09 at 9:16 am

Nothing wrong with watching cartoons, though animation is pretty much underrated in general, IMHO

The "Multiverse" episode from "Family Guy" was surreal in some scenes like the stop motion ("Robot Chicken") universe and the Disney universe.  Though find the show very hit & miss and Seth McFarlane very overrated.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/06/09 at 2:39 pm

Nothing wrong with watching cartoons, though animation is pretty much underrated in general, IMHO

The "Multiverse" episode from "Family Guy" was surreal in some scenes like the stop motion ("Robot Chicken") universe and the Disney universe.  Though find the show very hit & miss and Seth McFarlane very overrated.

That Multiverse ep from "Family Guy" was funny. I'd like to make an ep on my cartoon show where the Main Character and his two friends go to different worlds. They go to a Disney Universe (and there's no Anti-Semetic Jokes), A Universe where The Great Library NEVER burned-down, and even a "South Park" Universe since one of his friends is Canadian.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/06/09 at 7:10 pm

I stand corrected.

Spongebob Truth or Suqaew hasn't been on 10 minutes, I'm weirded the hell out. They showed Spongebob as a fetus in his mother's tummy, going to the Krusty Krab for the first time.

I've never ever been turned off of burgers before, and it just happened.  :-\\

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/11/09 at 6:01 pm

The anime Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo. Anytime you have a character who fights criminal head-shavers using his whip-like nose hairs, you know you're onto something hilarious.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/11/09 at 7:35 pm

The anime Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo. Anytime you have a character who fights criminal head-shavers using his whip-like nose hairs, you know you're onto something hilarious.

I've never watched that one, but have heard of it(and seen some stuff on it).

Check for new replies or respond here...