inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Up in America documentary series

Written By: snozberries on 12/14/07 at 11:42 pm

For anyone familiar with the British docs 7up, 14 up 21 up, 28 up, 35 up, 42 up and 49 up.

America has its own less popular installment. It started in 1991/92  with a group of seven year olds.

Like its British big sister, the filmmakers meet up with the kids every seven years to see how they have changed.

Age 7 in America
&
14 Up in America both aired on CBS. I saw them both but never recorded them. They are not available on DVD or VHS

I managed to record 21 Up America this morning on Discovery Times. I think this was the first time this one aired on TV.

Anyway.... anyone remember this series?  Better yet- any chance anyone has it taped?  Please PM me I would love to see them as kids again.

I remember one little boy who wanted to be a cop in Milwaukee because they had no crime and had "only one cop there probably"  ;D  He was cute.

Subject: Re: (Growing) Up in America

Written By: danootaandme on 12/15/07 at 6:00 am

I remember Oprah doing the first one, but I didn't know about the others.  I watch the 7up saga every seven years and love it.

Subject: Re: Up in America documentary series

Written By: Niran Hansson on 02/05/13 at 3:09 pm

hey man i would love to see the part that you have is it possible in anyway to get it from you? otherwise im still looking for 14 up in america to

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/13 at 10:26 pm

Effed Up in America!
:o

Written By: Naheed on 04/24/13 at 3:10 pm

I have access to age 7 in America but desperately looking for age 14 adn 21.  would you please contact me asap.  thanks.

Written By: snozberries on 04/24/13 at 10:05 pm

I have access to age 7 in America but desperately looking for age 14 adn 21.  would you please contact me asap.  thanks.

I could contact u ASAP but u didn't leave any contact info.

Also I started this in 2007. The honest truth is I have no idea where to find those now. I will- someday- look for them but not sure how long it will take to find them

Written By: meesa on 04/25/13 at 11:38 am

I found 7 up in America, but I think it is just for watching:
http://vimeo.com/12687896

I couldn't find 14 Up in America anywhere. :(

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/13 at 2:30 pm

I found 7 up in America, but I think it is just for watching:
http://vimeo.com/12687896

I couldn't find 14 Up in America anywhere. :(

Thanks Meesa!

Check for new replies or respond here...