inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I the only person on the planet who hasn't seen......?

Written By: loki 13 on 12/28/07 at 5:57 pm

A discussion in work today had me thinking. Am I the only person on the planet that hasn't seen any
of the Godfather movies. some say The Godfather or Godfather II was the greatest movie ever made,
yet I have never seen them. Other movies never viewed by me:

The French Connection
Gone With The Wind (not entirely anyway.)
Any OF the Star Wars movies after Return Of The Jedi
On The Waterfront
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Lawrence Of Arabia

Subject: Re: Am I the only person on the planet that hasn't seen......?

Written By: Tia on 12/28/07 at 6:00 pm

i actually haven't seen gone with the wind. apparently it's pretty racist, as it turns out.

that's seriously a badge of honor, not to have seen any of the star turd wars prequels. seriously, they should give you something gold and shiny for achieving that. i say never see them! have a t-shirt made proudly proclaiming you haven't seen them. they suck!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/07 at 6:11 pm

I haven't seen Citizen Kane or The French Connection (actually, I may have seen bits of The French Connection many, many, MANY moons ago but I couldn't tell you anything about it.)

Cat

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/28/07 at 6:41 pm

I have never seen any of those movies except for Gone With The Wind (and I thought it sucked).  I will not watch most of these because at this point, they will never live up to all the hype.

I'm not a big movie buff.  When someone mentions a movie and I say I haven't seen it, they say, "Oh, my God" and then have to go into a whole list of movies I'm obviously an ass for not having watched.  :P

Written By: wildcard on 12/28/07 at 6:53 pm

I've seen the Star Wars movies but none of the others.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/28/07 at 7:15 pm

Out of that list I have only seen Gone With The Wind and Schindlers List

Written By: Step-chan on 12/28/07 at 7:53 pm

I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies either.

Written By: laffytaffy on 12/28/07 at 7:56 pm

A discussion in work today had me thinking. Am I the only person on the planet that hasn't seen any
of the Godfather movies. some say The Godfather or Godfather II was the greatest movie ever made,

The French Connection
On The Waterfront
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Lawrence Of Arabia

I was discussing the Godfather movies and what is their great mystic,
personally I don't get it.  Maybe it's the fascination with "the mob"?
I've seen The French Connection, my father drug me to see it and my
only ? is WHY?  ;D And he received a plethora of questions to that
effect.  Also, the Star War movies, saw the first because my cousin
wanted to see it, I didn't, and didn't enjoy it.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/28/07 at 8:14 pm

It's good to know I'm not the only one hasn't seen the Godfather, I was beginning to think there might
be something wrong with me.  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 12/28/07 at 9:15 pm

Lord of The Rings (even though we have the trilogy on DVD)
Titanic

Ant

Written By: Davester on 12/29/07 at 12:54 am

The French Connection
On The Waterfront
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Lawrence Of Arabia

From your list I've watched Schindler's List once after it hit VHS, Lawrence Of Arabia a lo-o-o-ng time ago (I need to watch that one again since I can't get enough of Peter O'Toole) and the Phantom Menace.  I really, really wanted to like it but just couldn't.  I stopped at that one...

I watched the first Godfather a couple of years ago.  Pretty good flick.  Al Pacino doing that thing he does really good but I thought he did it better in GlenGarry Glen Ross and The Insider...

Last movie I've seen in the theater was The Four Feathers...

Written By: whistledog on 12/29/07 at 2:00 am

Well-known movies that I have never seen ...

The Godfather (1, 2 and 3)
The French Connecton (1 and 2)
Gone With the Wind
Any Harry Potter movie after the 1st one
The last 2 Lord of the Rings movies
Saving Private Ryan
Citizen Kane
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Titanic
Misery

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/29/07 at 2:50 am

The French Connection
On The Waterfront
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Lawrence Of Arabia

you're not alone as the only movies on your list I've seen are the Star Wars movies. I worked in a video store before my 25 years with AT&T and my boss was totally into all the classic movies mentioned by everyone here and she was always recommending them to me, but I wanted to watch Caddyshack and Stripes  8)     
If you're gonna watch one of these, make it The Godfather II. It's such a good film, loaded with the best actors. Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, James Cann, Robert Duvall

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/29/07 at 5:46 pm

I've never seen "The Godfather" I, II, or II in all their entirety. I do know of the many "famous" scenes and have seen plenty of them at opportune moments, but have just not have had the strong interest of watching all 3 movies in a row or just one at a time, in sequence over a period of a few days or a week. I guess it's highly dependent of my mood. I'm usually for movies that are all about underdogs or endings that are thought provoking. I guess with most mob movies, it's a lot of senseless death and so it's something I just don't always feel in the mood for. Don't get me wrong, I do like movies that involve senseless death ("Sin City" is one, lol) but again, I need to be in the mood for that kind of stuff!

I have seen GWTW many times and do own it. There is a misconception of it being very racist. It's not entierely so. I mean, this was 68 years ago, and times have changed, but there were many scenes where Hattie McDaniel got to say some very funny lines about us white folk. I got a kick out of it!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/07 at 6:03 pm

I was discussing the Godfather movies and what is their great mystic,
personally I don't get it.  Maybe it's the fascination with "the mob"?
I've seen The French Connection, my father drug me to see it and my
only ? is WHY?  ;D And he received a plethora of questions to that
effect.  Also, the Star War movies, saw the first because my cousin
wanted to see it, I didn't, and didn't enjoy it.

The only reason why I have seen The Godfather, was because I was "forced" to. I don't understand why guys love this movie. Not my cup of tea. I never liked "shoot 'em up" flicks-like any of the Die Hard movies, Jack Ryan flicks (even though I like Harrison Ford), Rambo, etc. etc.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 01/03/08 at 8:08 am

ET

Written By: Tia on 01/03/08 at 8:51 am

ET
you aint missing that much. although it was cool when i was 12.

Written By: karen on 01/03/08 at 9:01 am

I haven't seen any of the Godfather films (or if I have I don't recall any of it).

I think I watched Gone With The Wind once.  It's the sort of film shown over Christmastime in the UK.

I've only seen the original three Star Wars films.

Don't think I've seen any others on the list.

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/08 at 1:27 pm

I'm not a big movie buff.  When someone mentions a movie and I say I haven't seen it, they say, "Oh, my God" and then have to go into a whole list of movies I'm obviously an ass for not having watched.  :P

I've been guilty of doing this to a co worker... she missed films like Breakfast Club and Bend it Like Beckham  and some other film I can't recall introducing her to She has thanked me for educating her but I will watch my response from now on because it never occurred to me that it might be offensive or insulting.  :-\\

Of the movies listed by members here - 

Gone With the Wind ~ hated it for the obvious reasons

Star Wars ~ Got sucked in to the whole excitement of it even tho I never really understood what 4 5 &  6 were about... watched 1 didn't get it either, watched 2 HATED IT... kinda liked 3 but when I sat down to watch 4, 5, & 6 again I fell asleep because I was totally bored... now I don't want to see anything doing with Star Wars ever again!

Citizen Kane ~ saw it for the first time in 1996 because I had to for a film class. I was incredibly bored maybecause we had to watch it twice in the same night. It was very long and *spoiler* Rosebud was a sled  ;) ...but I knew that before the movie started.

I don't get the fascination with Godfather & Scarface either... notice how everyone on MTV cribs has  a copy of Scarface? I was thinking I should just buy one so I can say I have it bet never ever watch it again.

Titanic ~ This perhaps the movie I hate the most of any movie ever made... it has something to do with the hype and hoopla around it. The film was falsely motivated and I thought if James C put so much effort into reconstructing the Titanic then he could've also taken 15 and realize his storyline had two major flaws.
  1. Rose knew she had the stupid thing the whole time so she should have used some other reason LIKE THE TRUTH  to get on the expedition ship
  2. The Titanic portions were supposed to be told from her POV (it was her flashback!) but they showed scenes she had absolutely no part of so.... how did she know that those moments unfolded the way that she says they did (she wasn't there!!!) 

I haven't seen
Lawrence of Arabia
Spartacus
Lord of the Rings Trilogy  I was terribly excited about them when I first saw the trailers but never made it to the theater to see number one... after awhile there was so much hype I was afraid they wouldn't live up to my expectations... one of these days I may do it but I don't know when.

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/03/08 at 9:51 pm

The only reason why I have seen The Godfather, was because I was "forced" to. I don't understand why guys love this movie. Not my cup of tea. I never liked "shoot 'em up" flicks-like any of the Die Hard movies, Jack Ryan flicks (even though I like Harrison Ford), Rambo, etc. etc.

Cat

While I do understand what you mean, guys do love the Godfather, each time its on, no matter how many times I've seen it (and have it on DVD) I'll watch it. But reducing it to a "shoot 'em up" is not really fair...Die Hard or any of the Jack Ryan flicks, well those are not even in the same league as the Godfather films.

There is something about the juxtaposition of the mobs brutality, the coldness of heart, against the obvious and almost absurd, but deep "family" loyalty and love these characters show for one another in these films. The slow but dramatic change in Micheal Corleone from young idealistic war hero, to a cold and ruthless mob boss that is amazing to watch.  The tradition of the past being played out vs the real impact of the characters choice of life in the "family", the calm absolute, violent power of the mob, and how it effects them.

Within both films Micheal loses through death, murder (at his own hand) and alienation of all of those around him he loves or loved, all for the family "business".

That, together with some of the best acting of Pacino, DeNiro, Brando and Canns careers and the never matched directing of Coppola, and you have a incredible combination. The Godfather films didn't sweep the Oscars for nothing.

In any other day GF I & especially II would of been categorized as a great sweeping Greek tragedy in its oldest tradition. Don't blow of GFI or II as just some mob guys whacking each other out, there is a lot more going on than that.

Written By: ninny on 01/03/08 at 10:33 pm

I've.only seen bits  and pieces of The Godfather Saga & Scarface. I watched Gone with the Wind when I was about 10 and
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.",Thats about the only part I remember,that plus):" Lawzy, we got to have a doctor! I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies! "I have seen E T I liked that watched it again about 1 year ago. I've seen all of The Lord of the rings & Star wars the only Star War ones I remember are the original ones Never seen Citizen Kane, Never Seen Dances With Wolves,Never seen Braveheart & I've only seen the first Harry Potter movie (Though I would of liked to see more)

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/08 at 10:48 pm

I've.only seen bits  and pieces of The Godfather Saga & Scarface. I watched Gone with the Wind when I was about 10 and
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.",Thats about the only part I remember,that plus):" Lawzy, we got to have a doctor! I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies! "I have seen E T I liked that watched it again about 1 year ago. I've seen all of The Lord of the rings & Star wars the only Star War ones I remember are the original ones Never seen Citizen Kane, Never Seen Dances With Wolves,Never seen Braveheart & I've only seen the first Harry Potter movie (Though I would of liked to see more)

I detested Braveheart... and that was before my whole Mel Gibson boycott.

Written By: ninny on 01/04/08 at 6:23 am

I detested Braveheart... and that was before my whole Mel Gibson boycott.

That's one movie that I could care one way or another about seeing.  Oh and I've never seen Passion of The Christ either.

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 8:39 am

That's one movie that I could care one way or another about seeing.  Oh and I've never seen Passion of The Christ either.

me either....now I don't have to  ;D nor Apocolypto  ;)

Written By: KKay on 01/04/08 at 8:42 am

these TV shows:

Lost
ER

Written By: karen on 01/04/08 at 8:53 am

these TV shows:

Lost
ER

I watched the first series of 24 in its entirety, the second series mostly, the first couple of episodes of the third series and then stopped.  It was a good idea but was taken too far.

I haven't watched the other two at all, unless its snippets whilst channel hopping.

Written By: KKay on 01/04/08 at 10:04 am

I watched the first series of 24 in its entirety, the second series mostly, the first couple of episodes of the third series and then stopped.  It was a good idea but was taken too far.

I haven't watched the other two at all, unless its snippets whilst channel hopping.

sometimes i see a guest star appearing on a show and might stop in, but otherwise i don't have the free time to follow a story.
i got hooked on Dexter really cuz it was on Sunday night.  (then he got cuter, then the plot got interesting)

Written By: ninny on 01/04/08 at 2:03 pm

these TV shows:

Lost
ER

Never seen those either,other than bits an pieces..never seen The Office,or Desperate Housewives,come to think of it I never seen Sex In The City,and I just recently seen an episode of Greys Anatomy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/08 at 2:58 pm

It was last Saturday (29th December) I finally got round to see Titanic...

...except for the last five minutes.

Written By: gibbo on 01/04/08 at 3:19 pm

I don't understand why guys love this movie. Not my cup of tea. I never liked "shoot 'em up" flicks-like any of the Die Hard movies, Jack Ryan flicks (even though I like Harrison Ford), Rambo, etc. etc.

Cat

Cat ,,,, and therein lays the secret of the Universe,,,,,,,,  I like all those movies but I can also enjoy movies such as Steel Magnolias or some of those Jane Austin stories. I would like to see Citizen Kane someday to see why it is sometimes voted best movie of all time on some lists.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/08 at 4:07 pm

Cat
I only watched the first Die Hard movie for the music alone!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/08 at 5:30 pm

I also haven't seen any of the Bourne movies with Matt Damian and The Passion of Christ.

TV shows I have never seen:

American Idol
Surviver
Ally McBeal
Lost
Grey's Anatomy
ER
Desperate Housewives
The Office
House

Cat

Written By: Tia on 01/04/08 at 8:37 pm

I also haven't seen any of the Bourne movies with Matt Damian and The Passion of Christ.

TV shows I have never seen:

American Idol
Surviver
Ally McBeal
Lost
Grey's Anatomy
ER
Desperate Housewives
The Office
House

Cat

you know, i dont think i've seen any of these either, except maybe for a fragment of an episode here and there.

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 8:59 pm

surprisingly.... tv addict that I am I have never seen

Greys Anatomy
Private Practice
Dexter
Monk

I'm saving them for some date in the future when there is absolutely nothing else to watch!

I've seen a couple of eps of House and really like the ones I saw... I am thisclose to getting the dvds and watching it!

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/08 at 11:44 pm

TV shows I have never seen a single episode of ...

Lost
Monk
Dexter
The Sopranos
Gay's Anatomy
Desparate Housewives
The Office (US and UK)
Veronica Mars
NCIS (Though I probably should.  Looks like a great show.  Perhaps I'll just get the DVDs)

Written By: nally on 01/04/08 at 11:47 pm

TV shows I have never seen a single episode of ...

Lost
Monk
Dexter
The Sopranos
Gay's Anatomy <<--huh?? ??? ???
Desparate Housewives
The Office (US and UK)
Veronica Mars
NCIS (Though I probably should.  Looks like a great show.  Perhaps I'll just get the DVDs)

You're not alone...i haven't seen an episode of any of those programs either.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 1:10 am

I'd say something about you guys not seeing Veronica Mars but I promised ladybug316 I wouldn't do that anymore  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/08 at 1:23 am

I have good reason for not having seen Veronica Mars.  It was on the WB, a channel that I don't get LOL

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 1:26 am

I have good reason for not having seen Veronica Mars.  It was on the WB, a channel that I don't get LOL

all three  seasons :\'( (there should be more) are on DVD.  You might like it... its well written, full of sarcasm and also... something I really want to do... they use song lyrics in their dialogue. It's a unique use of pop culture.  It's not like they're singing its just sometimes the actor's deliver a line (straight) and you know its a song lyric!  I love it!

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/08 at 1:38 am

all three  seasons :\'( (there should be more) are on DVD.  You might like it... its well written, full of sarcasm and also... something I really want to do... they use song lyrics in their dialogue. It's a unique use of pop culture.  It's not like they're singing its just sometimes the actor's deliver a line (straight) and you know its a song lyric!  I love it!

Though I've never seen the show, upon reading about it, there are four things that I do like about it ...

♦ The theme song 'We Used to Be Friends' by The Dandy Warhols
♦ Canadian actor Enrico Colantoni (Whom I enjoyed on 'Just Shoot Me')
♦ Kristin Bell is HOT!
♦ The show was executive produced by Joel Silver, the man who co-produced my all-time favourite movie 'Streets of Fire'

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 1:51 am

Though I've never seen the show, upon reading about it, there are four things that I do like about it ...

♦ The theme song 'We Used to Be Friends' by The Dandy Warhols
♦ Canadian actor Enrico Colantoni
♦ Kristin Bell is HOT!
♦ The show was executive produced by Joel Silver, the man who co-produced my all-time favourite movie 'Streets of Fire'

and Rob Thomas don't forget Rob Thomas... though I never found out if he was that Rob Thomas

Enrico and Kristin played VERY well off each other.  Then there's Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna  ;)

Patty Hearst played an the great grand daughter of the founder of the college the kids attend.... for the record Hearst College... ;)

Oh yeah Richard Greico is in a few eps in season 3 

And Ed Begley Jr... have I convinced you yet???

Erica Gimpel was also on in the beginning..

Kevin Smith and Joss Whedon make guest appearances in season one. 

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/05/08 at 10:55 pm

I'd say something about you guys not seeing Veronica Mars but I promised ladybug316 I wouldn't do that anymore  ::)
;D It's fine.  Really.  I don't mind.  Go on, say it...   
I haven't seen most of the programs listed above, either.  I do, however, love the Gilmore Girls and Buffy and am hooked on Heroes, so I do watch some tv.

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/08 at 1:03 am

;D It's fine.  Really.  I don't mind.  Go on, say it... 
I haven't seen most of the programs listed above, either.  I do, however, love the Gilmore Girls and Buffy and am hooked on Heroes, so I do watch some tv.

you watch good tv those are three of my favorite shows!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/08 at 5:52 am

I have never seen the quiz programme Duel.

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/08 at 1:14 pm

I have never seen the quiz programme Duel.

it aired on ABC for 6 days last month.... 5 days straight with a finale on Sunday. It wasn't bad

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/08 at 1:21 pm

it aired on ABC for 6 days last month.... 5 days straight with a finale on Sunday. It wasn't bad
It sounds like a special quiz, not a run-of-the-mill show.

Written By: Bobby on 02/24/08 at 5:07 pm

The French Connection
On The Waterfront
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Lawrence Of Arabia

The Godfather doesn't really appeal to me even though people tell me it's one of the best films ever. I actually have Citizen Kane on DVD and keep meaning to watch it but never get a chance to.

I have seen Schindler's List, Star Wars: Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones and, in all honesty, you haven't missed much.

Written By: adagio on 02/24/08 at 9:35 pm

I've seen Gone With the Wind, some of Star Wars movies, Schlinler's list, that's all.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/08 at 1:39 am

The Godfather doesn't really appeal to me even though people tell me it's one of the best films ever. I actually have Citizen Kane on DVD and keep meaning to watch it but never get a chance to.

I have seen Schindler's List, Star Wars: Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones and, in all honesty, you haven't missed much.
We have the DVD pack of the three Godfather films, but I have never got round to watching them.

I always wish and set myself up to watch Schindler's List, but the thought of how long the film is puts me off viewing it.

Written By: Bobby on 02/25/08 at 4:52 pm

We have the DVD pack of the three Godfather films, but I have never got round to watching them.

I always wish and set myself up to watch Schindler's List, but the thought of how long the film is puts me off viewing it.

I understand you, Phil. Gangster films just never really were my proverbial cup of tea even though my younger mates (who love gangster films) swear by them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/08 at 4:52 pm

I understand you, Phil. Gangster films just never really were my proverbial cup of tea even though my younger mates (who love gangster films) swear by them.
I did enjoy Goodfellas and Casino.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/08 at 5:37 pm

I did enjoy Goodfellas and Casino.

If you liked Goodfellas and Casino you should love The Godfather, but they should have ended it at Godfather II.  I can't watch Schindlers List because movies of the holocaust tend to be painful send me off on tirades.  When I was a child we had a next door neighbor who survived and I become irrational when I think of what was done to her and her family, and that people who would deny it. 

Written By: adagio on 02/25/08 at 6:13 pm

Bobby...are you actually talking or offline as it says?

It does seem impossible that the plight of so many people. who were treated in various ways of cruelty could be ignored.

Subject: Re: Am I the only person on the planet who hasn't seen......?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/26/08 at 2:18 am

If you liked Goodfellas and Casino you should love The Godfather, but they should have ended it at Godfather II
Thank you for this assurance.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/26/08 at 9:22 pm

The English Patient

A good example of the uber-popular academy award-winning movies I haven't seen.  There's usually two reasons.

a. It sounds mushy (in the case of the English Patient)
b. Ending's been spoiled 50 times, so why bother?

This was the case with Titanic, until I finally saw it last year.  Then I was like, "I don't care what anybody says, this is a damn great movie!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 2:38 am

The English Patient

A good example of the uber-popular academy award-winning movies I haven't seen.  There's usually two reasons.

a. It sounds mushy (in the case of the English Patient)
b. Ending's been spoiled 50 times, so why bother?

This was the case with Titanic, until I finally saw it last year.  Then I was like, "I don't care what anybody says, this is a damn great movie!"

My wife went to see it with a friend of hers, and both of them fell asleep.

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/08 at 7:03 am

Bobby...are you actually talking or offline as it says?

It does seem impossible that the plight of so many people. who were treated in various ways of cruelty could be ignored.

Er dunno, lol. I'm online at the moment . . .

I'm afraid if a film bores me, the subject topic doesn't come into consideration. It's like those batch of 9/11 movies that came out - most of them were dealing with a very serious topic but made merely for exploitation so never considered them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/27/08 at 8:32 am

I still have not seen any of the Rambo films.

Written By: adagio on 02/27/08 at 10:12 am

I just saw the first one...not my type of movie.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/08 at 2:57 pm

Several James Bond films. Of course if you seen one James Bond film, you have seen them all.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: adagio on 02/27/08 at 3:09 pm

concerts.  I did see one ...the Moody Blues, but I was thinking classical.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/28/15 at 7:25 pm

Thought I'd bump this one since we had another thread on it made recently.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 9:10 am

Several James Bond films. Of course if you seen one James Bond film, you have seen them all.  :D ;D ;D

Cat
It was only few weeks ago I saw my last Bond film (The Living Daylights) to make it I have seen them all.

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/30/15 at 10:06 am

There are many films I have neither seen nor have any desire to. I'm just not a movie buff.

Written By: nally on 03/30/15 at 10:31 am

There are many films I have neither seen nor have any desire to. I'm just not a movie buff.

I can totally relate. Certain genres of films don't interest me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/15 at 1:49 pm

I still have not seen any of the Rambo films.
I still have not....

Written By: Howard on 03/30/15 at 1:57 pm

I can totally relate. Certain genres of films don't interest me.

I enjoy some comedy and horror but not much of a fan of other genres.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/15 at 2:50 pm

If you understand cinema has been in my blood right from my young days.

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/30/15 at 6:26 pm

My friend Joe is like that, Philip.

Written By: nally on 03/30/15 at 11:44 pm

I enjoy some comedy and horror but not much of a fan of other genres.

I mostly enjoy comedy; I like to have a good laugh. I don't like a lot of violence in films (this includes most disaster flicks).

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 4:31 am

I mostly enjoy comedy; I like to have a good laugh. I don't like a lot of violence in films (this includes most disaster flicks).
True to the spiritb of my love for cinema, there is film on television tonight one that I have always wanted to see. I will have to video it for a later day.

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/15 at 5:34 am

True to the spiritb of my love for cinema, there is film on television tonight one that I have always wanted to see. I will have to video it for a later day.

Are you watching on the UK equivilatent of cable tv or is a commerical tv?

Also do they edit movies for TV in the UK the way they do in the US... 

when a movie airs on broadcast TV (not HBO or SHOtime or Cinemax) then it's edited for content.  Curse words are bleeped or dubbed, violence/sex/nudity are edited and sometimes scenes are cut simply because the network needs to fit the movie into a certain time frame and they need to make room for commercials...
this is not the case on premium cable however....

I cannot watch a movie on commercial tV

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 5:37 am

when a movie airs on broadcast TV (not HBO or SHOtime or Cinemax) then it's edited for content.  Curse words are bleeped or dubbed, violence/sex/nudity are edited and sometimes scenes are cut simply because the network needs to fit the movie into a certain time frame and they need to make room for commercials...

I watch television on cable TV.

The UK does not edit films, but they do in the Philippines.

Not Premium Cable.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 5:38 am

A whole pivoted scene of 12 Years a Slave was edited out on one of the Philippine Film Channels

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/15 at 5:40 am

I watch television on cable TV.

The UK does not edit films, but they do in the Philippines.

Not Premium Cable.

at least they aren't edited... that would annoy me...

A whole pivoted scene of 12 Years a Slave was edited out on one of the Philippine Film Channels

lemme guess...  the whipping scene?  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 5:43 am

at least they aren't edited... that would annoy me...

lemme guess...  the whipping scene?  :-\\

Correct.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/15 at 1:52 pm

If you understand cinema has been in my blood right from my young days.

What movies are you planning on seeing?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 1:54 pm

What movies are you planning on seeing?
At the precise time, any film!

Written By: Ripley on 02/01/16 at 7:50 pm

The Twilight Movies... And I'm not ashamed lol

Written By: nally on 02/02/16 at 12:34 am

Lately I haven't much cared to either.

Written By: nally on 02/02/16 at 12:34 am

I haven't seen 'em either.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/16 at 2:08 am

For me, all the Twilight movies have merged into one.

Check for new replies or respond here...