inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brooke Shields Eyebrows

Written By: KKay on 01/25/08 at 10:46 am

not just a good band name.

It seems to me that the style is shifting back to this look.  I think it's great, being from a BSE inflicted family.
Tweeze or not to tweeze?

http://www.converse.edu/Academics/images/art/FrankTomsCollection/dscn7270.jpg

Subject: Re: Brooke Shields Eyebrows

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/25/08 at 11:04 pm

I have bigger eyebrows (I mean..nowhere near Oscar the Grouch or Bert, or anything)...but I only tweeze mine slightly...I never liked the pencil thin look.

Written By: NbC on 01/26/08 at 5:23 am

I wouldn't mind half of her eyebrows.  I don't tweeze because if I did I wouldn't have any left.  ;D

Some eyebrows would be nice. 

Written By: danootaandme on 01/26/08 at 7:47 am

There is a happy median between the two

Written By: Gis on 01/27/08 at 4:30 am

I hate the thin/no eyebrow look. I have fairly thick eyebrows and apart from getting rid of the odd stray one they are staying that way!

Written By: Tia on 01/27/08 at 4:47 am

ah, brooke. hair is healthy and human, i was looking at a cool PBS clip from the 70s and check out bill murray's bushy moustache!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9G6HxCkydOQ

e.g. at about 2:36.

Written By: KKay on 01/27/08 at 8:26 am

ah, brooke. hair is healthy and human, i was looking at a cool PBS clip from the 70s and check out bill murray's bushy moustache!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9G6HxCkydOQ

e.g. at about 2:36.

one bigg shields eyebrow on that lip!

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/27/08 at 7:52 pm

I used to sport the pencil-thin eyebrow look...it was such a pain to maintain! These days I only tweeze enough to get rid of the stray hairs.

Written By: saver on 01/27/08 at 8:13 pm

I remember when Brookes' eyebrows had their own area code!!!

NOW, the award is handed to Peter Gallagher............ :o

Written By: KKay on 01/28/08 at 7:37 am

^true.

i like the look. i try to stay away from the skinny brows..

and men, please stop. it looks rediculous.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/08 at 11:33 am

I have/will NEVER touch my eyebrows. My theory is, once you start, you have to continue. I had a friend who was a cosmetologist. She wanted to do my brows in the worse way and I kept telling her-NO!!! DO NOT TOUCH!!!

Cat

Written By: KKay on 01/28/08 at 1:05 pm

I have/will NEVER touch my eyebrows. My theory is, once you start, you have to continue. I had a friend who was a cosmetologist. She wanted to do my brows in the worse way and I kept telling her-NO!!! DO NOT TOUCH!!!

Cat

so i'm learning. i want to grow them in and will have to live with the mess for a while.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/08 at 1:36 pm

so i'm learning. i want to grow them in and will have to live with the mess for a while.

My chin and my upper lip are another matter.  ::)

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/08 at 1:41 pm

I didn't do mine for the longest time, but now I have them waxes when I get go to the salon.  Waxing is great if done right

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/28/08 at 6:27 pm

Eyebrows are so important on a face,i'm so happy i haven't lost mine that was like the luckiest thing that could happen and it did :)

When i was younger some witch went crazy on my eyebrows and made me like Marlene Dietrich,i looked like Aileen from Monster and cried for a month til they grew back,since then i only take off a few stray hairs and leave em alone,i'm lucky 'cause i have a good natural shape and not Bert's :o

Written By: KKay on 01/28/08 at 9:06 pm

^  ;D

I'm glad you like them now.

I can't believe that my scandinavian self is blonde ....but for those darn eyebrows.
they are like....black!
ugh!

Check for new replies or respond here...