inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Behind the scenes love affairs

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/08 at 11:57 pm

This topic idea came to mind whenever I recently read a rumored story having to do with the possibility of Marsha and Jan Brady (of The Brady Bunch) having a lesbian affair, during the time of the show. Supposedly,Maureen McCormick (Marsha) has a book coming out this year that reveals this, but no one knows for sure if it is true or not, and/or if it will be included in her book.

http://wbztv.com/entertainment/Maureen.McCormick.Marsha.2.590038.html

There were other behind the scenes romances with this group too.....Greg with Marsha, Greg with Carol, Jan with Peter...etc..

So, what other TV shows have you heard these kind of rumors about?

Subject: Re: Behind the scenes love affairs

Written By: Davester on 02/13/08 at 12:43 am

Marsha and Jan is a nice thought...

Michael J. Fox and Meredith Baxter-Birney maybe?  Nah, they just went out to lunch together... ;)

Lucky guy...

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 02/14/08 at 5:26 pm

This topic idea came to mind whenever I recently read a rumored story having to do with the possibility of Marsha and Jan Brady (of The Brady Bunch) having a lesbian affair, during the time of the show. Supposedly,Maureen McCormick (Marsha) has a book coming out this year that reveals this, but no one knows for sure if it is true or not, and/or if it will be included in her book.
The book will confim it false. This was a rumor from like, September or so.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/14/08 at 10:32 pm

The book will confim it false. This was a rumor from like, September or so.

I had not heard anything about it, until I overheard someone else talking about it the other day. That is when I took it upon myself to look it up online, and that's when I found out that info.

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/08 at 10:37 pm

Mark Paul Gosselaar dated (as far as I know) 3 of the 4 regular female co-stars on Saved By the Bell in real life.  Dunno if anything ever went further than that

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/14/08 at 10:43 pm

I would imagine that being on a TV show, being on the set all the time, getting really close with actors that are the opposite sex, or heck, even the same sex....would definitely bring those kinds of attractions between the cast members. I've always been a sucker for having a crush on fellow cast members (when I used to do a lot of community theatre, etc)...so I can imagine how it would be being around these people everyday...for years!! :D

Written By: Gis on 02/15/08 at 3:14 am

I do know that when they filmed the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice that made Colin Firth famous he and Jennifer Ehle (who played Elizabeth Bennett) where dating at the time.

Also when Emma Thompson was filming Sense and Sensibility see met Greg Wise who she later married, he played Wiloughby. there is a great scene where they are having a picnic outside and they do a close up of the faces and you can see in the faces of the pair of them something that isn't acting for the screen but a real connection.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/08 at 7:29 pm

I had not heard anything about it, until I overheard someone else talking about it the other day. That is when I took it upon myself to look it up online, and that's when I found out that info.

Eve Plumb will deny it just like she denied dating Chris Knight.  I hadn't heard about it either.

Let's see... Will Smith dated Karyn Parsons (is that her name?) she played Hilary on Fresh Prince.
Kim Fields dated Jon Henton....he was Overton on Living Single
Marilu Henner dated Tony Danza, Jeff Conaway, and Judd Hirsch while they were doing Taxi.
Adam Brody & Rachel Bilson the OC. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you don't care about married people working together....
Paula Prentiss & Richard Benjamin "He & She" 196something
Ted Dansen & Mary Steenburgen "Ink"

How about Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman? She guest starred on Taxi. they started dating for real so she got more shows and then they got married.

I could do this all day with movie set romances but tv shows are harder.

Although they weren't on the same show Laura Prepon (That 70's Show) was dating Chris Masterson (Malcolm in the Middle) but had to kiss Danny Masterson (her "brother-in-law") on That 70's Show that would be weird.

Thanks for yet another great outlet for my useless knowledge. 
Let me know when I can let loose on all the movie set romances I can recall!  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 02/15/08 at 8:01 pm

Although they weren't on the same show Laura Prepon (That 70's Show) was dating Chris Masterson (Malcolm in the Middle) but had to kiss Danny Masterson (her "brother-in-law") on That 70's Show that would be weird.

Chris Masterson was on "That 70's Show," he played the Cheese Guy.  ;D

Only because I have grandkids do I know this but...Devon Werkheiser (Ned Bigby) dated Lindsey Shaw (Jennifer Mosley)
from Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/08 at 9:46 am

Chris Masterson was on "That 70's Show," he played the Cheese Guy in.  ;D

Only because I have grandkids do I know this but...Devon Werkheiser (Ned Bigby) dated Lindsey Shaw (Jennifer Mosley)
from Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

then it was the other way around.... doing these things at work when you're not supposed to be online....I get a little distracted looking over my shoulder.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/16/08 at 10:41 am

then it was the other way around.... doing these things at work when you're not supposed to be online....I get a little distracted looking over my shoulder.

Wait, now I'm confused.  ???  ???

You say Laura was dating Chris, right.

Danny Masterson played the part of Steven Hyde and was a regular.

Chris Masterson, of Malcolm in the Middle Fame, appeared on a few episodes as Todd, The Cheese Guy who, on the
show had a thing for Jackie which drove Kelso nuts.

So both Danny and Chris were on "That 70's show" together. I don't know if Laura was dating Chris before, after,
or during his appearance on the show. Does this clear anything up or am I still out to sea?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/08 at 11:09 am

Wait, now I'm confused.  ???  ???

You say Laura was dating Chris, right.

Danny Masterson played the part of Steven Hyde and was a regular.

Chris Masterson, of Malcolm in the Middle Fame, appeared on a few episodes as Todd, The Cheese Guy who, on the
show had a thing for Jackie which drove Kelso nuts.

So both Danny and Chris were on "That 70's show" together. I don't know if Laura was dating Chris before, after,
or during his appearance on the show. Does this clear anything up or am I still out to sea?  ???

now I am confused....okay I got it right in the first place... I didn't remember Chris making an appearance on the that 70's show. I was just commenting on how weird it would be to date some one and then have to make out with his brother on set...  8-P

They were living together when That 70's show ended... I don't know if they're still together.

Written By: snozberries on 02/17/08 at 6:25 pm

I just learned that James Roday and Maggie Lawson from USA network series Psych are dating.

Written By: jaytee on 02/20/08 at 11:26 pm

I do know that when they filmed the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice that made Colin Firth famous he and Jennifer Ehle (who played Elizabeth Bennett) where dating at the time.

Also when Emma Thompson was filming Sense and Sensibility see met Greg Wise who she later married, he played Wiloughby. there is a great scene where they are having a picnic outside and they do a close up of the faces and you can see in the faces of the pair of them something that isn't acting for the screen but a real connection.

The way Mr. Darcy looks at Miss Elizabeth Bennett makes my toes curl!!  Lucky lucky girl. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/21/08 at 12:19 am

Michael J. Fox was dating Tracy Pollen who played his girlfriend on Family Ties, then they got married (I presume after the series ended).

Written By: mandamoo on 02/22/08 at 4:36 am

Brendan & Molly  :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/08 at 11:48 am

kristina maldanado & jack wagner general hospital

Check for new replies or respond here...