inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Animated Film

Written By: woops on 03/15/08 at 5:34 pm

"Tom & Jerry: The Movie" is pretty much a classic example of a film that ruins everything about the classic characters we all know and love...

Subject: Re: Worst Animated Film

Written By: Dagwood on 03/15/08 at 7:45 pm

Chicken Little 

Written By: whistledog on 03/15/08 at 7:52 pm

other:  South Park:  Bigger, Longer and Uncut

I hate South Park, so anything related to it gets my vote for the worst

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/15/08 at 11:12 pm

Return To Neverland . . .blah. :P

Written By: Zoso on 03/16/08 at 1:09 am

I can't believe Fern Gully is on that list. More like the best animated movie ever!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/08 at 5:28 am

Fantasia got a bit tiring after a while.

Written By: mr moo on 03/19/08 at 6:45 am

{Insert Disney movie made since 1995 here}

(cept the PIXAR ones... they were good)

((And the Lion King was a great film))

(((YEAH)))

((((...))))

Written By: KKay on 03/19/08 at 7:34 am

I wouldn't know; I don't go for them.

Written By: Davester on 03/20/08 at 12:48 am

I wouldn't know; I don't go for them.

I don't either.  Haven't watched one movie on the list.  I do remember watching "Lion King" while it was in the theaters...

Written By: Davester on 03/20/08 at 1:12 am

Whoa, time out...

I do own "The Iron Giant" on DVD.  Loved that movie ever since I watched it on Cartoon Theater...

Written By: robby76 on 03/25/08 at 10:32 am

Poor Care Bears getting 2 votes... tsk tsk.  :-\\

My votes went to Space Jam and Lilo & Stitch.

Written By: Tia on 03/25/08 at 10:53 am

i vaguely remember "cool world" suckin' pretty bad so i went with that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/08 at 10:57 am

The Pokemon film did receive bad reviews.

Written By: Bobby on 03/25/08 at 10:26 pm

Out of that little lot I chose 'Tom and Jerry - The Movie'. They killed it in two ways:

- They became friends

- They could talk (in the worst possible way ever too)

An excercise in ruining a perfect formula.

As for anything else, I believe sequels of Disney Classics like Beauty and the Beast and Lady and the Tramp are failures. Surely everything that has been said in the first movie was enough? The term 'cash-in' springs to mind.

In my opinion, Hercules is one of the scrappiest animations Disney has ever made.

Written By: woops on 03/25/08 at 11:44 pm

Out of that little lot I chose 'Tom and Jerry - The Movie'. They killed it in two ways:

- They became friends

- They could talk (in the worst possible way ever too)

An excercise in ruining a perfect formula.

As for anything else, I believe sequels of Disney Classics like Beauty and the Beast and Lady and the Tramp are failures. Surely everything that has been said in the first movie was enough? The term 'cash-in' springs to mind.

In my opinion, Hercules is one of the scrappiest animations Disney has ever made.

Tom & Jerry have actually spoke in their classic cartoons like in "Quite Please", "Zoot Cat", and the movie "Anchor Ahweighs"

Written By: woops on 12/30/08 at 8:59 pm

How can I forget about "Troll In Central Park"

One of the most cloying and sappiest movie ever that I doubt anybody over 5 would enjoy.  8-P

Would be funny if an anime creature (or Ling Ling from "Drawn Together")  takes on that troll.  ;D

Written By: Mushroom on 01/01/09 at 9:47 am

I have to vote for Happily Ever After, a truely atrocious movie that should have never been shown outside of Saturday Morning TV.

Made in 1988, released in 1993.  It was made by Filmation, a company that made probably half of the Saturday morning cartoons in the 1970's and 1980's.  But among their money saving techniques were 90% static scenes other then the lip animation of the main character, and endlessly recycling footage to use over and over again.  Anybody that remembers shows like Archie, Fat Albert, Star Trek, Lassie's Rescue Rangers, He-Man (and their clones Blackstar and Bravestarr) will know what I am talking about.  Filmation would throw nothing away, and you would see not only stories but animation cells and characters appear in multiple shows.

Consider that in a full length motion picture on the big screen,and you have a disaster.  A gf at the time talked me into taking her and her daughter to see this mess.  After about 15 minutes (where the female dwarf dances on the same fence for the 10th time in 2 minutes) I got up and walked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF9oM344vDY&feature=related

And to get an idea what I am talking about, take a close look at the Prince.  They simply reused footage from He-Man.  So yes, the prince in Happily Ever After is Prince Adam.

And as for Cool World, I never really considered that to be an animated movie.  Since well over half of it is Live Action, It is really hard to tell.  But I do admit, the animated Kim Bassinger was a better actressin that then the real Kim Bassinger was.  The sound track has always been the best part of that movie to me though.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/02/09 at 9:34 am

Care Bears: The Movie, Pinocchio and The Emperor of the Night and Hiedi's Song, get my votes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/02/09 at 4:39 pm

Does "Howard the Duck" count?

I never saw any of the films on the poll.

My worsts include:

Ralph Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings" (1978)

The Secret Of Nimh (1982)

All Dogs Go To Heaven (1989)

Heavy Metal (1981)

American Pop (1981) (Bakshi again, "Fritz the Cat" gets a pass because  you can't expect an animated soft-core pr0n flick about a pimp feline to be anything other than what it is.)

Written By: Big Nasty on 01/02/09 at 7:53 pm

I thought the film "Hoodwinked" sucked.  It had a ton of star voices but I just could not stomach to watch the entire movie.

Written By: Big Nasty on 01/02/09 at 7:59 pm

{Insert Disney movie made since 1995 here}

(cept the PIXAR ones... they were good)

((And the Lion King was a great film))

(((YEAH)))

((((...))))

Mulan was also a good film made since 95.  That really is not a fair generalization.

Written By: Big Nasty on 01/02/09 at 8:01 pm

After posting I thought of one as I read through the other responses.  Somebody voted for Space Jam, which I enjoyed.  This brought me to another Looney Tunes film that did in fact stink...Looney Tunes Back In Action with Brendan Fraser.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/02/09 at 8:08 pm

Does "Howard the Duck" count?

I never saw any of the films on the poll.

My worsts include:

Ralph Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings" (1978)

omg, that's my favorite. I've seen it about 400 times. I recall seeing it in the theatre when it first released. Now that I think about it, I couldn't get anyone to go see it with me  ??? 

Written By: Big Nasty on 01/02/09 at 8:12 pm

I loved the Comic Book as well. I am having trouble remembering if I ever even saw the film.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/02/09 at 10:21 pm

omg, that's my favorite. I've seen it about 400 times. I recall seeing it in the theatre when it first released. Now that I think about it, I couldn't get anyone to go see it with me   ??? 

Bakshi got mad at Peter Jackson because he said his 1970s contract gave him the sequel rights.  Well, Ralph, you jammed all three books into one animated feature, so WTF?
:P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/03/09 at 2:03 am

Bakshi got mad at Peter Jackson because he said his 1970s contract gave him the sequel rights.  Well, Ralph, you jammed all three books into one animated feature, so WTF?
:P
Bakshi did jam a lot into that one animated film, but barely got halfway thru the trilogy which totally bummed me out, but I was a fan of LOTR and would wait for the sequel that would never come  :\'(      and then Rankin/Bass put out a couple of cheesy animated films. The Hobbit and The Return Of The King with a few songs included as well. one thing I'll give them is that they all stayed "fairly" true to the books, something which Peter Jackson did not do on a few scenes but to me, he did such a good job with those 3 movies that I can forgive him  8) 

the only other person I know that liked the LOTR animated was my daughter when she was very young. it was kind of our Sunday afternoon father/daughter film but of course now she would shun me & my movie  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...