inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Maxim names Sarah Jessica Parker as most unsexiest celeb

Written By: woops on 03/20/08 at 8:56 pm

Well, have to admit that she's not much of a looker and strongly agree with Maxim. Though also Pamela Anderson...

It's ironic that other magazines have stated that she's among the "hottest" in the past and yet make fun of Barbra Streisand's face, who was quite a hottie back in her day and has an appealing face despite that her nose is also big. Parker looks more like a witch, which ironically played one in the movie "Hocus Pocus" in the early 1990's.

Sorry that I  sounded shallow, but keep in mind that I ain't no Orlando Bloom either and was born slightly deformed with reconstruction surgery done throughout my youth.

Subject: Re: Maxim names Sarah Jessica Parker as most unsexiest celeb

Written By: Robert Joseph Chemelskwi on 03/20/08 at 9:39 pm

in the early-mid 90s, I thought Sarah Jessica was hot.  Not so much anymore.  She's no Debbie Gibson that's for sure, but even Debbie isn't as hot as she used to be.  Once they get old, the chest and stomach starts to droop.  These actresses don't win "SAG" awards for nothing, you know ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/20/08 at 10:14 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/Dragynwing/mrsq2.jpg

Unsexy?  Neigh!

But it's not the face that makes her unsexy.  Horse jokes aside, she's actually kinda cute.  It's her character that makes her unsexy.  The characters on Sex and the City are to feminism, what blackface was to racial stereotyping.  Andrew Dice Clay at the height of his douchebaggery couldn't come up with less-flattering portrayals of womanhood.

I suppose I should be more grateful.  The long-lived commercial success of Sex and the City is proof that there are millions of women who look upon SaTC's characters as role models.  That by no means includes all women, but any time I question my bachelorhood, Carrie's there for me with a nice warm bowl of fuming nitric acid for the soul.  Five minutes of watching that show between commercials is all it takes to kill the dating urge dead, and it used to take an entire episode of Married with Children.

Written By: woops on 03/20/08 at 11:41 pm

in the early-mid 90s, I thought Sarah Jessica was hot.  Not so much anymore.  She's no Debbie Gibson that's for sure, but even Debbie isn't as hot as she used to be.  Once they get old, the chest and stomach starts to droop.  These actresses don't win "SAG" awards for nothing, you know ;D

Deborah Gibson still looks good for her age, IMHO.   8)

Written By: Davester on 03/21/08 at 2:30 am

I'd party with her...

Written By: whistledog on 03/21/08 at 9:19 pm

I'd party with her...

;D

Written By: Gis on 03/25/08 at 11:40 am

I did read a report in the paper that wondered if it was because she has never had plastic surgery and huge fake boobs and that fact makes her unsexy...................

Written By: whistledog on 03/25/08 at 7:31 pm

In the early 90s, I thought Sarah Jessica was hot, but over the years, age took a toll on her, and I don't really find her all that attractive anymore.  Age took a toll on her husband as well as he doesn't look like he used to in his Ferris Bueller days lol

Written By: woops on 03/25/08 at 11:43 pm

Matthew Broderick looks average, IMHO.

Written By: KKay on 03/26/08 at 7:29 am

http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews2/edwood.jpg

From Ed Wood:  Do I really have a face like a horse?

Written By: Davester on 03/26/08 at 11:42 am

This thread brings to mind a saying that goes something like:  The worst lay you've ever had is still pretty damn good... :P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/26/08 at 9:23 pm

Sexy is a matter of taste I would think.  I was just wondering who she pissed off at Maxim to have them do this stupid poll and declare her the winner.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/08 at 11:32 pm

The most unsexiest celeb right now ...

http://www.352media.com/rantingandraving/CMFiles/Images/britney-spears-bald-400a030207.jpg

But you never know.  Alot of guys go jonesing for bald chicks with scars in low places.  Me personally, um no thanks LOL

Written By: Bobby on 03/27/08 at 9:13 pm

The most unsexiest celeb right now ...

http://www.352media.com/rantingandraving/CMFiles/Images/britney-spears-bald-400a030207.jpg

But you never know.  Alot of guys go jonesing for bald chicks with scars in low places.  Me personally, um no thanks LOL

That picture genuinely startled me, lol. I reckon she was like Sinead O' Connor when she tore that picture of the Pope up.

As for Sarah Jessica Parker . . . Well . . . She isn't my cup of tea but I suppose I'm fussy like that, lol.

Written By: woops on 03/28/08 at 6:28 pm

Amy Winehouse...  8-P

Never found Britney attractive since I've always considered her trashy

(BTW, I'm a few years younger than her)

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/30/08 at 10:56 pm

Amy Winehouse...  8-P

Normally I'd agree with you on that, but she wasn't always so unattractive...
Amy Winehouse as a clean, cute schoolgirl...
http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/winehouse2.jpg

Written By: Davester on 03/31/08 at 8:49 am

Normally I'd agree with you on that, but she wasn't always so unattractive...
Amy Winehouse as a clean, cute schoolgirl...
http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/winehouse2.jpg

She was a cutie.  What happened to her?  In her pics, now, she looks like she's been ridden hard...

Written By: karen on 03/31/08 at 8:53 am

Never thought SJP was particularly attractive.  Something about her eyes.  The spacing is wrong or something  :-\\

Written By: Gis on 03/31/08 at 2:36 pm

She was a cutie.  What happened to her?  In her pics, now, she looks like she's been ridden hard...
Drugs, drink, drugs, cigerettes more drugs..................................very sad.  :-\\

Written By: midnite on 03/31/08 at 9:30 pm

I dug SJP in the 80's movies. She looked great.  However, in the Sex In The City days she was too thin and her face was sunken in.  Plus her voice is a little annoying (maybe because she narrates ALL of the SITC episodes).

Written By: woops on 04/05/08 at 8:27 pm

Tori Spelling is also not much of a looker  :P

Written By: La Roche on 04/06/08 at 8:54 pm

She looks fine, although I would have thought as a reasonably successful and famous actress she'd have got rid of the wart on her chin, I would.

Just until a few months ago.. well.. maybe a year, Amy was stunning.. now, Oh what the f**k!

Check for new replies or respond here...