inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV shows that are still on the air, but should've been canned a long time ago

Written By: woops on 04/08/08 at 4:57 pm

"The Simpsons" since it hasn't been any good for over a decade and that

"King Of The Hill"... suprised it's still on and don't think it's that popular or even when it first came on the air in 1997

"ER"... most, or all, of the original cast aren't even on the show

"Power Rangers"... Though different in every season or two, it's not as popular anymore. Still badly acted and have  cheesy special effects (worse than a typical Sci Fi Channel movie)

"Oprah"... she's just another talk show host, IMHO

"Springer"... sleazy and has no entertainment value whatsoever

any more?

Subject: Re: TV shows that are still on the air, but should've been canned a long time ag

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/08 at 9:33 pm

"The Simpsons" since it hasn't been any good for over a decade and that

"King Of The Hill"... suprised it's still on and don't think it's that popular or even when it first came on the air in 1997

"ER"... most, or all, of the original cast aren't even on the show

"Power Rangers"... Though different in every season or two, it's not as popular anymore. Still badly acted and have  cheesy special effects (worse than a typical Sci Fi Channel movie)

"Oprah"... she's just another talk show host, IMHO

"Springer"... sleazy and has no entertainment value whatsoever

any more?

the simpsons hasn't been consistent but there have been some good eps in the last few years.. the repeat episode that aired this Sunday titled  That 90's Show was really funny and as good as anything they did early on... Same with last season's Springfield Up...

I have always been a fan of Kind of the Hill.  It's a little tired but I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

Power Rangers and Springer are still on??? really... they must not be on any channels I watch or get with Directv because I haven't even seen listings for them

I love ER.  I think next season is actually its last season and I will be sorry to see it go.  I love the characters and don't find it tired at all.

Oprah is a Goddess. I love her. I don't watch every show but I do watch most of them

How about all of the CSI's? I hate Miami and every one makes fun of David Caruso.  I've never been a fan of NY and the original Las Vegas one is really tired!

Without a Trace - it's just boring.

all of those I want to find love reality shows... rock of love, I love new york, flava of love, bachelor....and the rest.... how many ways can women continue to degrade themselves for no reason at all?

Subject: Re: TV shows that are still on the air, but should've been canned a long time ago

Written By: whistledog on 04/08/08 at 10:44 pm

Survivor - It's the same thing each season.  Boring with a capital ZZZZZZ

Who Wants to Be A Millionaire - I love Game Shows, but when you think about it, this one is just questions and answers.  It was exciting when it was in Prime Time with Regis at the helm, and somewhat exciting at first when Meredith took on the daytime version, but now it's run it's course

Subject: Re: TV shows that are still on the air, but should've been canned a long time ag

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/08 at 1:23 am

I just found out Las Vegas got canceled and the season finale was a freakin huge cliffhanger! I am so PISSED OFF!!!!!

Subject: Re: TV shows that are still on the air, but should've been canned a long time ago

Written By: woops on 04/09/08 at 1:40 am

agree on all reality shows

Especially "The Real World"... which I've never understood why Moronic TV airs it  ::)

Springer is in syndication and "Power Rangers" are on Toon Disney, but also  part of the  ABC Saturday Morning line up with Disney Channel programming.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/08 at 4:42 am

Not a show on tv, but the whole channel. Ditch MTV!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/09/08 at 4:50 am

Survivor - It's the same thing each season.  Boring with a capital ZZZZZZ.

I agree... it's exactly the same thing over and over again! Springer, of course, but also Maury Povich and Montell Williams. These sorts of talk shows aren't really relavent anymore.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/08 at 5:03 am

Has Lost lost the plot yet/

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/09/08 at 5:31 pm

I haven't kept up with the Simpsons in quite some time, except for when the movie came out.  :(

I didn't know the Power Rangers was still on.

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 04/09/08 at 5:40 pm

The Bachelor.

Like ER, it's a "That show is still on?" type.

Written By: tv on 04/09/08 at 8:33 pm

I agree... it's exactly the same thing over and over again! Springer, of course, but also Maury Povich and Montell Williams. These sorts of talk shows aren't really relavent anymore.
I like Montell Williams myself but your right about Muary Povich's Show he's out of style now. I mean I see he's trying to get a little more serious with his topics now of late but its time for Maury to hang it up on the talk show circut. I think Jerry Springer should hang it up too.

Written By: tv on 04/09/08 at 8:37 pm

The Bachelor.

Like ER, it's a "That show is still on?" type.
The only reason thing ER has going it for is Mekei Phifer's character I mean he basically carries the show on his back. Yeah I think its time for ER to go I mean the show hasn't been relevant since 2002 and the ratings have dropped significantly in the past 5 years.

Written By: tv on 04/09/08 at 8:40 pm

How about all of the CSI's? I hate Miami and every one makes fun of David Caruso.  I've never been a fan of NY and the original Las Vegas one is really tired!

I always liked CSI Miami and I do like David Caruso's character.

Yeah I'm tired of "Without A Trace" too.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/09/08 at 10:15 pm

Real World started out very good. Now I imagine it's pretty bad considering the age group.

Written By: Lindee on 04/12/08 at 4:04 pm

I like Montell Williams myself but your right about Muary Povich's Show he's out of style now. I mean I see he's trying to get a little more serious with his topics now of late but its time for Maury to hang it up on the talk show circut. I think Jerry Springer should hang it up too.

I also like Montell's show, except when he has Sylvia Browne on (boring!). His show is not trashy like Springer's or Povich's

Written By: snozberries on 04/12/08 at 4:28 pm

I did manage to find power rangers this morning on ABC but still haven't seen springer

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/08 at 9:16 pm

Well if they made it a real survivor show ala survivor man then maybe I'd watch.

I hear ya.  I mean how can these contestants really survive when there are camera men all around them eating good food.  What they need to do is place hidden cameras on an island, and strand all the contestants with nothing but the clothes on their backs; The one left after 10 weeks who is still sane wins ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 12:43 am

I hear ya.  I mean how can these contestants really survive when there are camera men all around them eating good food.  What they need to do is place hidden cameras on an island, and strand all the contestants with nothing but the clothes on their backs; The one left after 10 weeks who is still sane wins ;D

I've always said they should drop them in the hood and anyone who's alive at the end of the series is the winner...

Ever see that movie Series 7 about the "TV show" where the contestants kill each other...last one standing is the winner?  ;D

I love that f***ing movie!

oh and... I finally came across a listing for Springer...apparently it comes on at 1pm I'm never looking at the guide at that time so that's how I missed it.

Written By: shiroihikari on 04/23/08 at 2:43 pm

I think some of those court shows should be canned.  How many of the damn things do we really need?

Also...Spongebob Squarepants.  It used to be funny, but the humor dried up (badum tish) a long time ago.

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/08 at 8:47 pm

I think some of those court shows should be canned.  How many of the damn things do we really need?

Also...Spongebob Squarepants.  It used to be funny, but the humor dried up (badum tish) a long time ago.

they can get rid of the court shows.... just so long as they keep People's Court and Judge Milian on the air... Judge Milan ROCKS!!!! 

Written By: whistledog on 04/23/08 at 10:50 pm

I've always said they should drop them in the hood and anyone who's alive at the end of the series is the winner...

They need to make it more challenging though.  Perhaps like that infamous scene in 'Die Hard: With A Vengance', of course if they did that, the show would be over in less than a minute

What they should do is drop a bunch of Broadway Musical fanatics into the audience at a Metallica concert.  The one who gets killed last wins the $10,000 prize for funeral fees ;D

Ever see that movie Series 7 about the "TV show" where the contestants kill each other...last one standing is the winner?  ;D

I love that f***ing movie!

I have heard of that movie.  Violent as heck I am told lol

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/08 at 11:18 pm

I have heard of that movie.  Violent as heck I am told lol

that's what makes it so good....  ;D

seriously tho...what I love about the movie is it is actually shot as if it's a reality TV show.  They even break for fake commercials.  Each contestant is followed by a camera man who follows them to capture their victory over another contestant or losing....by getting killed. Its awesome and original!

Written By: tv on 05/20/08 at 4:24 pm

Well its looks like your getting your wish Montell's grand finale show will be on Friday so the only people left from the 90's or 80's era talk shows are Maury, Springer, or Oprah. Montell did outlast Ricki Lake, Jenny Jones, or Richard Bey though. Ricki and Jenny came out about the same time that Montell's show first debut.

Written By: whistledog on 05/22/08 at 7:42 am

Well its looks like your getting your wish Montell's grand finale show will be on Friday so the only people left from the 90's or 80's era talk shows are Maury, Springer, or Oprah. Montell did outlast Ricki Lake, Jenny Jones, or Richard Bey though. Ricki and Jenny came out about the same time that Montell's show first debut.

Wow Richard Bey.  I totally forgot about him

Check for new replies or respond here...