inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 'I Want to Believe' New X-files movie on the way

Written By: KKay on 04/16/08 at 2:38 pm

Tell me what you think.  Will it tank of be great?  Was this a 90s phenomenon that won't have meaning today?
What's going to happen to Mulder and Scully?

and no aliens?  what's that about?

"I Want to Believe" comes 10 years after the first film and six years after the finale of the series, whose opening credits for much of its nine-year run featured the catch-phrase "the truth is out there."

Due in theaters July 25, the movie will not deal with aliens or the intricate mythology about interaction between humans and extraterrestrials that the show built up over the years, Carter said.

Instead, it casts Mulder and Scully into a stand-alone, earth-bound story aimed at both serious "X-Files" fans and newcomers, he said.

Subject: Re: 'I Want to Believe' New X-files movie on the way

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/08 at 2:49 pm

Will it be better than the previous X-Files movie which died of die?

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/08 at 5:03 pm

I think it will be great.  There was talk of a sequel after the first one came out, but I never thought it would happen.  Glad to see that Duchovny and Anderson will be reprising their roles

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/17/08 at 4:26 am

Great news. I thought this movie was in "development Hell" and didn't realize it was already completed! Can't wait to catch up with Scully & Mulder again! :)

Written By: KKay on 04/18/08 at 7:39 am

OK, we all feel the saem way.
what are some of the aspects of hte show that had 'jumped the shark?'

i don't think the smoking man will be very threatening anymore now that he's out of the picture.

Written By: whistledog on 04/18/08 at 12:02 pm

what are some of the aspects of hte show that had 'jumped the shark?'

When Robert Patrick joined the cast

Written By: adagio on 07/05/08 at 8:29 am

When Robert Patrick and the girl joined the cast, Scully disappeared into the background, and it was  like all of a sudden they cast new lead characters...I didn't really like it then, except when they showed reruns. There wasn't the same chemistry and rapport as there was shown by Mulder and Scully.

Written By: KKay on 07/05/08 at 8:32 am

When Robert Patrick and the girl joined the cast, Scully disappeared into the background, and it was  like all of a sudden they cast new lead characters...I didn't really like it then, except when they showed reruns. There wasn't the same chemistry and rapport as there was shown by Mulder and Scully.

i saw a commercial on tv. i have to say it looked like its going to be good.  i just wonder if it's about the myth (the ufo stuff) or just paranormal biz.  I really miss mulder.

Written By: adagio on 07/05/08 at 9:08 am

Wharever it's about. I'll be there watching it.  Hmm..."I Want To Believe".  Sounds as if Mulder or someone else has doubts. As long as Mulder is there, playing lead, then it's ok. (I hope)

Check for new replies or respond here...