inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sad Cafe

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/08 at 4:09 pm

What are your 3 favorite songs from the band, Sad Cafe?

Subject: Re: Sad Cafe

Written By: KKay on 04/24/08 at 4:18 pm

i'm going to have to research.  i don't think i recognise the name.
i'm going to have  a listen.

Written By: Henk on 04/24/08 at 4:32 pm

i'm going to have to research.  i don't think i recognise the name.
i'm going to have  a listen.

Same here, though I do recognize the name. I also know "Everyday Hurts" and "My Oh My" were very minor hits over here, but I can't for the life of me remember what those songs sound like... :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/08 at 4:40 pm

Before I cast my vote is Hungry Eyes the one composed by Eric Carmen?

Written By: Henk on 04/24/08 at 4:44 pm

Same here, though I do recognize the name. I also know "Everyday Hurts" and "My Oh My" were very minor hits over here, but I can't for the life of me remember what those songs sound like... :-\\

Well, I had a listen to those two songs. They sound vaguely familiar, and I'm sure I've heard them before at some point. I'm not too impressed, though. Sorry...

BTW: Is there a reason why Sad Cafe sounds and looks just like Rolling Stones in this video for "My Oh My"...?  ??? (I Haven't done any research on the band)

Written By: Paul on 04/24/08 at 5:03 pm

'Everyday Hurts' for me (rather predictably, as it was their biggest hit in their homeland!)

I do vaguely remember 'My Oh My', but nothing of the others...

Written By: Davester on 04/24/08 at 5:23 pm

Not big on Sad Cafe, but I like the late Paul Young's work with Mike & the mechanics...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/08 at 7:01 pm

My favorite is...Run Home Girl.

Written By: whistledog on 04/24/08 at 7:27 pm

I picked other for their 1984 single 'Why Do You Love Me Like You Do' which I have on 45.  Second choice would be 'Run Home Girl', which was only a minor hit in both Canada and the USA in 1979, still I hear it on classic radio stations all the time.  Third is La Di Da

Paul M. Young (as he was later billed to avoid confusion with the more well known one) was a wonderful singer and I was very sad when he passed away.  The music of Mike + the Mechanics was a big part of my childhood and I will never forget

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/08 at 9:11 pm

I picked other for their 1984 single 'Why Do You Love Me Like You Do' which I have on 45.  Second choice would be 'Run Home Girl', which was only a minor hit in both Canada and the USA in 1979, still I hear it on classic radio stations all the time.  Third is La Di Da

Paul M. Young (as he was later billed to avoid confusion with the more well known one) was a wonderful singer and I was very sad when he passed away.  The music of Mike + the Mechanics was a big part of my childhood and I will never forget

I knew that you would know of this band, Jason. ;)

Written By: KKay on 04/25/08 at 8:40 am

I listened to them all and I can't say I know any of the songs!  Me! I'm stumped! 
Wow.. I gotta tell you I really like the sound.

especially here:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=j4hYfrPpcaA&feature=related

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/25/08 at 11:48 am

I listened to them all and I can't say I know any of the songs!  Me! I'm stumped! 
Wow.. I gotta tell you I really like the sound.

especially here:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=j4hYfrPpcaA&feature=related

that's a good one! ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/08 at 2:36 pm

Before I cast my vote is Hungry Eyes the one composed by Eric Carmen?
I just checked for myself and it is a different song than the one composed by Eric Carmen.

Check for new replies or respond here...