inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Love Them..or Love to Hate Them...Celebrities

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/13/08 at 12:40 pm

While learning about Jack's (Red Ant) erm, dislike of Rachel Ray, this made me think of this thread topic. Are there any celebrities, in your opinion that you either love them or really really dislike them...no middle ground?

Subject: Re: Love Them..or Love to Hate Them...Celebrities

Written By: woops on 05/13/08 at 1:21 pm

I strongly dislike a certain former pop princess with the initials BS and a certain hotel heiress  that I'd rather not mention their names... 8-P

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/13/08 at 1:28 pm

I strongly dislike a certain former pop princess with the initials BS and a certain hotel heiress  that I'd rather not mention their names... 8-P

I'll say it for you!  Britney and Paris suck it. 

Also, I really cannot tolerate Jennifer Lopez

Written By: Tia on 05/13/08 at 1:33 pm

you know, i was watching some chris crocker videos the other day and thinking he really is a rather clever fellow.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/13/08 at 1:46 pm

you know, i was watching some chris crocker videos the other day and thinking he really is a rather clever fellow.

Have you seen Liam Sullivan's stuff on you tube?  He's the guy who does the Cunningham Muffins skit and he also has an alter ego Kelly.  She sings the song Shoes and Let Me Borrow That Top.  Brilliant stuff.

Chris Crocker is OK.  I just can't handle some of the nasty "fag" comments people leave him.

Written By: Tia on 05/13/08 at 1:53 pm

Chris Crocker is OK.  I just can't handle some of the nasty "fag" comments people leave him.
yeah i hate those comments too. part of what he seems to be doing is deliberately trying to draw that out, showing that a lot of folks out there in scary-internet-land have really gotten nowhere fast in terms of evolving into actual human beings.

Written By: whistledog on 05/13/08 at 10:26 pm

- begin rant on Oprah Winfrey -

I just can't stand Oprah because she holds too much power, and it often appears that she likes to hold that over everyone's heads.  She's on the cover of all of her magazines, all the talk shows are jonesing to get her as a guest, and when it comes to her promotion of things, her loyal fans are just mezmerized:  "Oprah said that book was good, so I have to run out and buy it right now and if I can't afford to buy it, then I will mortgage my house so I can buy 500 copies of it just so I can have one anywhere I am"

Remember the tabloid reports that said Oprah was upset because she wasn't invited to Tom and Katie's wedding?  Oh boo-hoo.  Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it!  The whole world doesn't revolve around Oprah Winfrey

- end Oprah rant -

Written By: Davester on 05/14/08 at 12:38 am

I love to not care one way or the other about celebrities...

Written By: Dagwood on 05/14/08 at 7:45 am

Angelina Jolie, I can't stand the woman.  I have great respect for her charitable work and how she doesn't just talk, she does but the woman skeeves me out.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/08 at 8:28 am

I'll say it for you!  Britney and Paris suck it. 

Also, I really cannot tolerate Jennifer Lopez

I can see what you mean about Jennifer Lopez...I agree that she is TOTALLY and EXTREMELY overrated. And...who ever thought that it was a good idea to let her be an actress was crazy....the girl cannot act (nor sing much better either, IMO). ::)

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/14/08 at 9:31 am

I can see what you mean about Jennifer Lopez...I agree that she is TOTALLY and EXTREMELY overrated. And...who ever thought that it was a good idea to let her be an actress was crazy....the girl cannot act (nor sing much better either, IMO). ::)

I am convinced she slept her way to the top.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/08 at 9:32 am

I am convinced she slept her way to the top.

it wouldn't surprise me.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/14/08 at 9:37 am

it wouldn't surprise me.

Well, she got her singing break thanks to her involvement with Puffy or Diddy or whatever the hell he's calling himself...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/08 at 9:47 am

Well, she got her singing break thanks to her involvement with Puffy or Diddy or whatever the hell he's calling himself...

;D ;D

Did you ever see the movie, Maid In Manhattan? It was a cute movie, but her acting was just... 8-P 8-P.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/14/08 at 2:09 pm

;D ;D

Did you ever see the movie, Maid In Manhattan? It was a cute movie, but her acting was just... 8-P 8-P.

No, I've never seen it.  I forget which movie I tried to watch and my husband had to switch the channel because I was laughing and heckling her.  I even threw a box of tissues at the tv  (we were out of tomatoes).  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/08 at 2:27 pm

I can't stand Miley Cyrus.  What's the big deal about her?  To me she's ordinary. 8-P

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/08 at 7:03 pm

She was good in 'Jersey Girl', but that's only because her character gets killed :D

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/14/08 at 8:00 pm

She was good in 'Jersey Girl', but that's only because her character gets killed :D
OOh, you've peaked my interest!  How does she get killed?  Decapitation?  Drawn and quartered?  Maybe it's worth a watch.

Written By: woops on 05/14/08 at 8:10 pm

No respect whatsoever...

OJ Simpson
Marilyn Manson
Chelsea Handler
Carrot Top
Don Imus
Steve Perry
Lindsay Lohan
Dina Lohan
Jessica Simpson
Billy Ray Cyrus
Hannah Montana
Kim Kardashian
Michael Vicks
Pamela Anderson
Bill O'Rielly
50 Cent
Soulja Boy
Fallout Boy
Tori Spelling
Joel McHale
Perez Hilton

and many more!

Written By: Brian06 on 05/14/08 at 8:15 pm

Lohan...she's trash.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/08 at 8:16 pm

No respect whatsoever...

OJ Simpson
Marilyn Manson
Chelsea Handler
Carrot Top
Don Imus
Steve Perry
Lindsay Lohan
Dina Lohan
Jessica Simpson
Billy Ray Cyrus
Hannah Montana
Kim Kardashian
Michael Vicks
Pamela Anderson
Bill O'Rielly
50 Cent
Soulja Boy
Fallout Boy
Tori Spelling
Joel McHale
Perez Hilton

and many more!

What do you hate about Steve Perry?  Is it because he can outsing Debbie Gibson? ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/14/08 at 9:06 pm

OOh, you've peaked my interest!  How does she get killed?  Decapitation?  Drawn and quartered?  Maybe it's worth a watch.

As long as it is slow and painful I might be tempted to watch as well. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/14/08 at 9:37 pm

I don't hate them, but I'm sure they are unable to count to two unless they remove their shirts. those 3 girls next door, at the playboy Mansion, Hugh Hefner's entourage of barbie dolls.  it's a big part of what makes tv bad these days, that these kinds of shows are popular enough to keep running.  makes me shake my head and roll my eyes

Written By: Jessica on 05/14/08 at 9:59 pm

Have you seen Liam Sullivan's stuff on you tube?  He's the guy who does the Cunningham Muffins skit and he also has an alter ego Kelly.  She sings the song Shoes and Let Me Borrow That Top.  Brilliant stuff.

Kelly rules. I have "Let Me Borrow That Top" and "Shoes" on my iPod. I need to get "Text Message Breakup".

I don't hate celebrities because I don't know any of them well enough to hate them.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/08 at 11:42 am

Kelly rules. I have "Let Me Borrow That Top" and "Shoes" on my iPod. I need to get "Text Message Breakup".

I don't hate celebrities because I don't know any of them well enough to hate them.

Me too!!!  I love Kelly songs.  I had the videos for both on my myspace but I took them off because my Rabid Christian cousin thought they were disgusting.  Liam is pure genius.  I wanna get "You're Not Wearing That" because tattoos are from the DEEVIL!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...