inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Aint Nothing Like The Real Thing - Concert Recordings

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/15/08 at 10:13 pm

I've never started a topic and hope this one hasn't been done.

Who loves live music?  Ya know, unexpected lyric changes, shout-outs of the city's name, random hoots and hollers...

Do you have a favorite song performed live that you prefer over the studio recording?

Subject: Re: Aint Nothing Like The Real Thing - Concert Recordings

Written By: dmfan420 on 05/15/08 at 10:23 pm

I've never started a topic and hope this one hasn't been done.

Who loves live music?  Ya know, unexpected lyric changes, shout-outs of the city's name, random hoots and hollers...

Do you have a favorite song performed live that you prefer over the studio recording?

Is There Anybody Out There by Pink Floyd....the entire recording is just fan freakin tastik!!

And I have always been a big fan of the live version of Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac from The Dance cd.

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/08 at 6:22 pm

Needles and Pins by Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks.  This song I believe was only recorded live, but the way they performed it, I don't think I'd like a studio version.  One of the few live songs to chart in the US Top 40 during the 80s

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/16/08 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Written By: Lindee on 05/19/08 at 10:50 am

Some my favorite live versions are:
REO Speedwago- Ridin' the storm out. The studio version sucks  8-P
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Free Bird
Deep Purple-Smoke on the water

Written By: Davester on 05/19/08 at 9:58 pm

I gotta say that for the music alone, I'll always go with studio.  Something about live recordings with the subtle changes, pauses, ad-libbing and other things make me cringe a little bit...

Just for the fun of watching the musicians playing their instruments I liked watching the Cars and the Beach Boys performing at Live Aid.  The Beach Boys always look like they're having a genuinely good time and they make it all look so easy...

Written By: karen on 05/20/08 at 8:34 am

Headbutt by Otway and Barrett because they forget the lyrics a few times and have to get the crowd to help out.

Check for new replies or respond here...