inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs on Scooby Doo

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/10/08 at 12:52 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else like the songs that they would play on episodes of the old Scooby Doo cartoons? They usually would play a song when the gang was running away from the ghoul. Were any of these famous songs or were they made for the show? I tried to look for a list of all of the songs featured on the cartoon..but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know this?

Subject: Re: Songs on Scooby Doo

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/08 at 3:12 pm

I never thought about it myself, I'll check to see if I can get results.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/10/08 at 3:17 pm

Back, found out. The chase songs were made for the show, according to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo,_Where_Are_You!#Songs_and_presentation_format

The second season featured "chase scene" songs produced by La La Productions (which had originally been contracted to create the music for Josie and the Pussycats, the first of many shows made from the same mold as Scooby-Doo). These songs were written by Danny Janssen and Austin Roberts (singer), and were performed by Roberts, who also made a new recording of the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! theme song for the second season episodes.

Were there any on the other seasons?

Written By: Tia on 06/10/08 at 3:20 pm

it's been too long, i don't remember. i kinda liked the songs on groovie ghoulies, though. (i got it on netflix about a year ago.) the rest of the show was unwatchable garbage, even by my extraordinarily lenient 70s-kids-show standards.

scooby doo i pretty much grooved on for daphne.  :-[

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/10/08 at 7:36 pm

I remember those chase scene songs from "Scooby Doo Where Are You". I thought those songs were pretty cute, even if they were pretty corny!  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/10/08 at 10:13 pm

I'd like to get them on CD! ahaha. :D

Written By: wildcard on 06/10/08 at 10:40 pm

it Was a guest went something like I know the place where I am going and the place where I am goings just around the bend.  I liked the Scooby Doo cartoons with guests.

Check for new replies or respond here...