inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: They got me hanging out here now....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/08 at 12:40 am

And this board is for the ones even "Playful Penguins" posters think are uncool!
:\'(

I had to go back and get that fake nose!
:D

Subject: Re: They got me hanging out here now....

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/12/08 at 11:21 pm

And this board is for the ones even "Playful Penguins" posters think are uncool!
:\'(

I had to go back and get that fake nose!

Don't be too hard on yourself.  Maybe people just aren't used to you venturing so far for the realm of politics. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/08 at 10:04 pm

Duh! I should be used to it.  It's like dork nation around here!  Guys who will go off on a tangent about Pink Floyd or French film makers!
You know, the kid who had the Trapperkeeper when it was--well it was never cool--but it was passable at one point....and I past it.  I mean passed it.
:-[

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/14/08 at 11:31 am

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/MrsRoryWeasley/Other/Smilies/Millan%20Smilies/whatever.gif

Were you the kind of guy that also tutored the jocks just to make sure you weren't on their hit list?

Trapperkeepers were cool, you just had the wrong one.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/21/08 at 10:11 pm

Trapperkeepers were cool, you just had the wrong one.

I gotta agree.  I LOVED my Trapperkeeper.  I held my entire life in there in grade 7.  ;D  I think mine was green and had a waterfall on it.  It's about the only thing I remember from 25 years ago.  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 1:15 am

I gotta agree.  I LOVED my Trapperkeeper.  I held my entire life in there in grade 7.   ;D  I think mine was green and had a waterfall on it.  It's about the only thing I remember from 25 years ago.   :P

Thank god the waterfall/unicorn ones weren't a buck cheaper, 'coz that's what my stepmother would have got me!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/confused5.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/23/08 at 1:16 pm

Thank god the waterfall/unicorn ones weren't a buck cheaper, 'coz that's what my stepmother would have got me!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/confused5.gif

They were all priced the same from what I can remember. :-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/23/08 at 1:23 pm

I gotta agree.  I LOVED my Trapperkeeper.  I held my entire life in there in grade 7.  ;D  I think mine was green and had a waterfall on it.  It's about the only thing I remember from 25 years ago.  :P

Was it that really bright mint green color?  I had the blue one with paint splots.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/23/08 at 9:31 pm

Was it that really bright mint green color?  I had the blue one with paint splots.

As I recall, it was a Kelly green with a picture of a waterfall and it had pinkish flowers at the base of the waterfall?  I think they had generic TrapperKeepers too and I am amazed that I even deemed worthy to get a name brand notebook as mom usually hit up the cheapest section of everything.  I always had to bum pencils off of everybody (I don't know why I never had any)  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/08 at 8:32 pm

As I recall, it was a Kelly green with a picture of a waterfall and it had pinkish flowers at the base of the waterfall?  I think they had generic TrapperKeepers too and I am amazed that I even deemed worthy to get a name brand notebook as mom usually hit up the cheapest section of everything.  I always had to bum pencils off of everybody (I don't know why I never had any)  ???

I just remember Trapperkeepers becoming uncool and me still having one..... (maybe I made the uncool! 

Yeah, starting seventh grade dripping in K-Mart didn't help matters much either!

This is how they said it in suburban Boston: "Where'd ya mothah get you those sneakahs, K-Maht?"  This was serious denigration in the early '80s!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/twak.gif

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/24/08 at 10:34 pm

I just remember Trapperkeepers becoming uncool and me still having one..... (maybe I made the uncool! 

Yeah, starting seventh grade dripping in K-Mart didn't help matters much either!

This is how they said it in suburban Boston: "Where'd ya mothah get you those sneakahs, K-Maht?"  This was serious denigration in the early '80s!

Yeah, I know what ya mean, my whole wardrobe was Hills Department Store (I'm guessing it was a regional store like Ames - even cheaper then K-Mart.)  My poor hubby was an unlucky thrift-store kid, whose grandmother used to torture him by only buying plaid shirts and Corduroy pants in the early 80s.  So I guess it could have always been worse.  :-[ 

Kids will always find something to pick on one another about, whether it be the way they dress, their name, or their school supplies.  ::)  I suppose it's just a right of passage even if it does suck.

Written By: Davester on 06/24/08 at 10:55 pm

Trapperkeepers made you appear all serious about school and all that stuff...

Having said that, I had the same Trapper from middle through most of high and the only thing holding it together was bumper stickers...

And NONE of you EVER saw me at K-Mart..! :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/24/08 at 11:37 pm

Weren't sneakers from K-mart called bobos?  Getting stuff at Jamesway wasn't much better.  *Nasty 80's flashback coming on.*

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/26/08 at 12:30 am

My name is Tanya and I am a former Trapper Keeper owner.  :( :-X :-\\

Written By: Davester on 06/26/08 at 7:34 am

Trapperkeepers for a new generation of nerds...

http://www.trapperkeeper.com/

What happens in Decades stays in Decades... ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/26/08 at 1:03 pm

Trapper Keeper sounded familiar and I didn't know why until I remembered a notebook my father had that he kept his poems in, so I looked for it and yes, it is a Trapper Keeper.  It is all green though, no pictures or anything.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/27/08 at 10:09 pm

Trapper Keeper Owners Anonymous.  Do we need a 12 step program?

Written By: Red Ant on 06/28/08 at 8:05 pm

Weren't sneakers from K-mart called bobos?  Getting stuff at Jamesway wasn't much better.  *Nasty 80's flashback coming on.*

"Bobos - they make your feet feel fine
Bobos - they cost a dollar ninety-nine"

Anyone remember pencil fighting?

Ant

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/28/08 at 9:29 pm

Ant

Is that where you tried to stab your opponent as many times as you could in a dual?  I always wanted to sword fight ala fencing techniques.

Anyone play football with the little folded up triangular pieces of paper and the finger goalposts?

Any girl play those intricate paper things where you'd fold them up and stick your fingers in and swish them back and forth to some kind of rhyme, then the person picks what option, and you open your fingers to reveal the "inner" folded panels, then they picked yet another number and finally you'd unfold it to reveal some pearl of wisdom?  Don't know what they were called and I seriously doubt I could remember how to fold them again...but they were fun.

Oh the joys one could have with a simple sheet of paper.

Written By: Davester on 06/28/08 at 10:25 pm

Haa..! ;D

Ant

You're on.  Tico #2 don't fail me now...

Anyone ever take the sissy test?  I still bear the scar, about 3/4" wide and 1-1/2" long, on the back of my right hand from the 8th grade...

Written By: Red Ant on 06/28/08 at 11:49 pm

Is that where you tried to stab your opponent as many times as you could in a dual?  I always wanted to sword fight ala fencing techniques.

Anyone play football with the little folded up triangular pieces of paper and the finger goalposts?

Any girl play those intricate paper things where you'd fold them up and stick your fingers in and swish them back and forth to some kind of rhyme, then the person picks what option, and you open your fingers to reveal the "inner" folded panels, then they picked yet another number and finally you'd unfold it to reveal some pearl of wisdom?  Don't know what they were called and I seriously doubt I could remember how to fold them again...but they were fun.

Oh the joys one could have with a simple sheet of paper.

Nah, pencil fighting was fighting each other's pencils. Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTGYC1G534&feature=related

(those guys are either joking around or total PF noobs)

There were rules, like no "chopping" (which is placing you finger along the pencil and coming down on the oppenent's pencil, instantly breaking it), and no intentional missing (you can't aim for someone's thumb, though getting smacked there was common). Sometimes "bridging" (bowing your pencil upwards to better absorb the incoming blow) was also against the rules.

It was possible to break your own pencil, either by applying too much bending pressure to the shaft or getting a bad hit on your opponent's pencil. The fight continued as long as you had more than half a pencil left. Breaking a pencil clean in half or splitting it lengthwise was an auto win.

There were no rules on the pencil types (though I never saw anyone fight with a mechanical pencil). My greatest "victory" came by taking an Empire 'plastic' pencil (#2) and carefully shaving off the paint and covering it with a thin layer of Crazyglue. I broke one of those giant Sea World pencils in one hit with it. That kid was pissed, lol.

Paper football was fun as well. Sometimes before class we'd be kicking them all the way across the room, essentially trying for a 100yd field goal.

A long time ago I used to know how to fold those paper 'fortune teller' things. That and doing braided wristlets.

Haa..! ;D

You're on.  Tico #2 don't fail me now...

Anyone ever take the sissy test?  I still bear the scar, about 3/4" wide and 1-1/2" long, on the back of my right hand from the 8th grade...

Never took the test. Does that mean I pass or fail? What is that "test".

Oh, I call first lick!

Ant

Written By: Davester on 06/29/08 at 12:01 am

Never took the test. Does that mean I pass or fail? What is that "test".

Oh, I call first lick!

Ant

Someone "erases" on the back of your hand.  If you pull away, you're...you know.  Problem is dude ran out of eraser and the metal part started digging in...

Nah, pencil fighting was fighting each other's pencils. Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTGYC1G534&feature=related

(those guys are either joking around or total PF noobs)

There were rules, like no "chopping" (which is placing you finger along the pencil and coming down on the oppenent's pencil, instantly breaking it), and no intentional missing (you can't aim for someone's thumb, though getting smacked there was common). Sometimes "bridging" (bowing your pencil upwards to better absorb the incoming blow) was also against the rules.

It was possible to break your own pencil, either by applying too much bending pressure to the shaft or getting a bad hit on your opponent's pencil. The fight continued as long as you had more than half a pencil left. Breaking a pencil clean in half or splitting it lengthwise was an auto win.

There were no rules on the pencil types (though I never saw anyone fight with a mechanical pencil). My greatest "victory" came by taking an Empire 'plastic' pencil (#2) and carefully shaving off the paint and covering it with a thin layer of Crazyglue. I broke one of those giant Sea World pencils in one hit with it. That kid was pissed, lol.

Ant

Yeap, those are the rules.  Try to hit with the metal eraser retainer.  People were serious about not breaking the rules, too.  I remember getting punched in the stomach after I destroyed someone's pencil...

Written By: Red Ant on 06/29/08 at 12:14 am

Someone "erases" on the back of your hand.  If you pull away, you're...you know.  Problem is dude ran out of eraser and the metal part started digging in...

Whoa... I never did that one. So I take it you passed.  ;D

The only "prank" game was had was mass group frisbee. It was pretty friendly and cool for the first two years of high school until some people decided that standing around and talking mass crap (while on team) took a frontseat to playing (that and stupid false "charges", where the entire side would rush your side when someone got pissy). This one guy kept talking a bunch of crap about me behind my back... so I sailed one off at about a 60* angle in a slight right to left wind (I'm right handed). The frisbee goes over the building, hovers high for several seconds before dive bombing that kid in the head like peregrin falcon does its prey. He didn't know what hit him.

Ooh, I forgot hackey sack (and 'koosh balls'). That was fun later on when frisbee got banned (mainly from kids climbing the roof to get stuck frisbees).

Ant

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/29/08 at 12:34 am

All too violent for me.  Lucky I was born a girl.  8)

Anybody remember making those little safety pins with tiny seed beads on them?  I don't remember what they were called, but I remember making bazillions of them in 1980ish

Written By: Red Ant on 06/29/08 at 12:40 am

Yeap, those are the rules.  Try to hit with the metal eraser retainer.  People were serious about not breaking the rules, too.  I remember getting punched in the stomach after I destroyed someone's pencil...

Ouch, that's kinda crappy - that you got punched, not that you won.

I almost forgot the "No spike" rule as well: it was "illegal" to remove the eraser from the pencil and crush the metal band together to make a knife-edge. It was also uncommon to play with sharpened pencils: the tips dig into the hand and any length loss meant less hitting power.

Ant

Written By: Davester on 06/29/08 at 12:48 am

Whoa... I never did that one. So I take it you passed.  ;D

The only "prank" game was had was mass group frisbee. It was pretty friendly and cool for the first two years of high school until some people decided that standing around and talking mass crap (while on team) took a frontseat to playing (that and stupid false "charges", where the entire side would rush your side when someone got pissy). This one guy kept talking a bunch of crap about me behind my back... so I sailed one off at about a 60* angle in a slight right to left wind (I'm right handed). The frisbee goes over the building, hovers high for several seconds before dive bombing that kid in the head like peregrin falcon does its prey. He didn't know what hit him.

Ooh, I forgot hackey sack. That was fun later on when frisbee got banned (mainly from kids climbing the roof to get stuck frisbees).

Ant

It was a sucker punch and I went to the ground...

Heh yeah.  Passed... ::)  The school started wondering what was up when 50 boys show up with huge scabs on the back of their hands...

Mass group frisbee?  There's a new one.  Sounds kinda like cream the queer with a frisbee.  An opportunity for us beat the crap out of each other while making it look like a game.  Wow, you're handy with a frisbee...

Hackey sack.  I remember that being popular among college students.  Watching someone who's really good at it is fun to see...

Let's see here...we had a variant of h.o.r.s.e. (you know, with the basketball) called p.o.i.s.o.n.  Basically "horse" with a penalty for missing the shot.  The penalty involved assuming the position - bracing yourself, face to the wall, while someone threw the ball at your butt.  Hard!  It was common to walk outside for recess and see someone jammed-up against the wall by the basketball court...

Written By: Red Ant on 06/29/08 at 1:04 am

Heh yeah.  Passed... ::)  The school started wondering what was up when 50 boys show up with huge scabs on the back of their hands...

Mass group frisbee?  There's a new one.  Sounds kinda like cream the queer with a frisbee.  An opportunity for us beat the crap out of each other while making it look like a game.  Wow, you're handy with a frisbee...

Hackey sack.  I remember that being popular among college students.  Watching someone who's really good at it is fun to see...

Let's see here...we had a variant of h.o.r.s.e. (you know, with the basketball) called p.o.i.s.o.n.  Basically "horse" with a penalty for missing the shot.  The penalty involved assuming the position - bracing yourself, face to the wall, while someone threw the ball at your butt.  Hard!  It was common to walk outside for recess and see someone jammed-up against the wall by the basketball court...

50 of you? It seems like that was almost like a brotherhood, a rite of passage.

I can't believe I haven't thought about most of these things since high school. I vaguely remember a game like p.o.i.s.o.n, but I don't remember playing it. We did have "wallball" which was pretty simple: everyone who wanted to play brought a tennisball or raquetball and threw it against the side of the building. You had to catch the rebound (or avoid it). A dropped ball meant you were 'live' and better haul tail to the wall and tag it before you got hit with a ball from another player. Not making the safety of the wall meant everyone tried to unload on you while you stood on the wall in a penalty phase.

The frisbee was a lucky shot, but at that time I was pretty good with aim. We most played with the koosh ball which was easier to control than a real hackeysack.

Tennisballs sting alittle... basketballs would hurt. I loved wallball but I hated dodgeball in junior high. When I was younger it was cool though.

Going back a few years more, does anyone remember catching "chicken chokers" or doing the massive launches from the swings? Parachute tossing?

Ant

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/29/08 at 12:11 pm

Ant

Yeah, I have a friend who still has a pencil point embedded in his hand from 1984.  He considers it to be a battle scare. ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/29/08 at 12:16 pm

All too violent for me.  Lucky I was born a girl.  8)

Anybody remember making those little safety pins with tiny seed beads on them?  I don't remember what they were called, but I remember making bazillions of them in 1980ish

Yep, we'd wear them on on sneaker shoe laces.  Remember those ribbon barrettes that people made.  OH my gosh, I still like them.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/mpgasus/pics%20for%20site/DSC05359.jpg

Written By: Davester on 06/30/08 at 1:02 am

50 of you? It seems like that was almost like a brotherhood, a rite of passage.

I can't believe I haven't thought about most of these things since high school. I vaguely remember a game like p.o.i.s.o.n, but I don't remember playing it. We did have "wallball" which was pretty simple: everyone who wanted to play brought a tennisball or raquetball and threw it against the side of the building. You had to catch the rebound (or avoid it). A dropped ball meant you were 'live' and better haul tail to the wall and tag it before you got hit with a ball from another player. Not making the safety of the wall meant everyone tried to unload on you while you stood on the wall in a penalty phase.

The frisbee was a lucky shot, but at that time I was pretty good with aim. We most played with the koosh ball which was easier to control than a real hackeysack.

Tennisballs sting alittle... basketballs would hurt. I loved wallball but I hated dodgeball in junior high. When I was younger it was cool though.

Going back a few years more, does anyone remember catching "chicken chokers" or doing the massive launches from the swings? Parachute tossing?

Ant

50 just meaning a whole bunch.  Enough for the teachers to notice...

Oh yeah, I remember wallball.  Same rules here.  That one must be nationwide...

Dodgeball - be careful of headhunters.  Kickball was our main recess sport.  Line up, choose teams.  Yours truly was always among the last to be picked. "Baby bouncies"  Boom!  Down your throat..! :o

Chicken Chokers?  Enlighten me.  Launching from the swings was always fun.  We used to fight over the swings to do just that...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/30/08 at 3:20 pm

50 just meaning a whole bunch.  Enough for the teachers to notice...

Oh yeah, I remember wallball.  Same rules here.  That one must be nationwide...

Dodgeball - be careful of headhunters.  Kickball was our main recess sport.  Line up, choose teams.  Yours truly was always among the last to be picked. "Baby bouncies"  Boom!  Down your throat..! :o

Chicken Chokers?  Enlighten me.  Launching from the swings was always fun.  We used to fight over the swings to do just that...

Dodgeball. . . My God I was the main victim of the head hunters.

Kickball . . . great stuff!!!  On a good day I could manage to "accidentally" kick the shin of the person to which my wrath laid with that week.

Kick the Can . . . played it waiting for the bus at 7:30 am.  Got yelled at more than once.

Written By: Davester on 06/30/08 at 5:42 pm

Dodgeball. . . My God I was the main victim of the head hunters.

Dodgeball - the only school sanctioned grudge match..! ;D

Kickball . . . great stuff!!!  On a good day I could manage to "accidentally" kick the shin of the person to which my wrath laid with that week.

Haha!  Go girl..!

Kick the Can . . . played it waiting for the bus at 7:30 am.  Got yelled at more than once.

Kick the can has been around forever...

Just makes me wonder if kids even do these things anymore.  Alot of the stuff we did at school would probably be considered a liabilitiy, today.  For instance, there are no more slides, swings or monkey bars at my old grade school.  Of course when I attended that school all the playground equipment was made out of steel which corroded over time and featured some pretty nasty jagged edges.  With the state chopping away at the education budget one lawsuit may just put this poor school under...

It's sad...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/30/08 at 5:49 pm

Just makes me wonder if kids even do these things anymore.  Alot of the stuff we did at school would probably be considered a liabilitiy, today.  For instance, there are no more slides, swings or monkey bars at my old grade school.  Of course when I attended that school all the playground equipment was made out of steel which corroded over time and featured some pretty nasty jagged edges.  With the state chopping away at the education budget one lawsuit may just put this poor school under...

It's sad...

I kinda liked it when the metal slide got warm (but not hot) and you slid down it.  Warmed up your fanny.  lol  But it was also fun when the slide did get too hot, to run up the slide part and have your shoes become a little bit tacky because the rubber/plastic from the bottom of your shoes would be slightly melty, so you'd kinda "stick" to the metal.  OK, maybe I was just warped.

Written By: Davester on 06/30/08 at 5:58 pm

I kinda liked it when the metal slide got warm (but not hot) and you slid down it.  Warmed up your fanny.  lol  But it was also fun when the slide did get too hot, to run up the slide part and have your shoes become a little bit tacky because the rubber/plastic from the bottom of your shoes would be slightly melty, so you'd kinda "stick" to the metal.  OK, maybe I was just warped.

You're not warped.  I mean it's not beyond the realm of possibility.  I used to like running up the slide...

If I remember correctly some girls wore dresses to school.  Hot slide.  Ouch..! 

Written By: Dagwood on 06/30/08 at 6:19 pm

I loved Dodgeball...or bloodball as we called it. :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/01/08 at 10:42 am

I loved Dodgeball...or bloodball as we called it. :D

I think it should be a form of warfare sanctioned by the Geneva Convention.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/01/08 at 10:46 am

You're not warped.  I mean it's not beyond the realm of possibility.  I used to like running up the slide...

If I remember correctly some girls wore dresses to school.  Hot slide.  Ouch..! 

Sliding down head first, I had that down to a science.

From what I've been told most playground equipment we grew up with are now insurance risks.

I'm going go play on a swing before they're extinct.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/08 at 10:20 pm

Sliding down head first, I had that down to a science.

From what I've been told most playground equipment we grew up with are now insurance risks.

I'm going go play on a swing before they're extinct.

Ye olde playgrounde equipmentte made you value life and limb more.  It tought you about action and consequence.  If you dangle from of top of the monkey bars hanging by your knees you might hit concrete with your skull.  You're lucky your brains are still in your head, now go back to class, ya dummy!

In the '80s they started softening everything up employing many used tires and treated woodchips all of which outgas freaky carcinogens and mutagens so's you can have grandbabies with 9 heads!
::)

A bruised forehead heals, bruised genes on the other hand...

Written By: Davester on 07/09/08 at 12:57 am

Ye olde playgrounde equipmentte made you value life and limb more.  It tought you about action and consequence.  If you dangle from of top of the monkey bars hanging by your knees you might hit concrete with your skull.  You're lucky your brains are still in your head, now go back to class, ya dummy!

In the '80s they started softening everything up employing many used tires and treated woodchips all of which outgas freaky carcinogens and mutagens so's you can have grandbabies with 9 heads!

Yeah, the stuff on the ground was called "tan bark".  You're rolling around in it completely oblivious to the fact that Heathcliff had, just moments before, completed his daily constitutional in it.  To you it's ten minutes of sugar fueled hyperactive bliss.  To Garfield, it's the hopper... :D

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/10/08 at 7:30 pm

Did anyone ever play "crab Soccer" in school?

Written By: karen on 07/10/08 at 7:51 pm

All of the elementary schools in town seem to have playscapes.  (Something we never had in the UK).

I can still fold the fortune teller thing out of a square of paper.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/08 at 4:25 pm

Those monkey bars rust, got to be careful of tetanus.  All those injuries made me the person I am today.

It's stuff like modern playground equipment that makes kids resort to x boxes.  They lack the gene that controls pain tolerance.

I fear for future generations.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/08 at 4:28 pm

If you didn't do it right you end up with a strained back muscle.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/08 at 5:03 pm

I remember that.  Where you crawl around with your butt pushed up off the ground and walk around on your hands and feet.  Huge ball.  That was fun.  I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it.

http://re3.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/1/f12/623552556

Written By: gemini on 07/12/08 at 10:50 am

I didn't have a Trapper Keeper. We had those big clunky notebooks with the clothlike denim stuff on 'em. But I do remember when pastel colored notebook paper came out, and fuzzy bic pens. Man, that was the highlight of my school years!  ;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/12/08 at 10:14 pm

I remember that.  Where you crawl around with your butt pushed up off the ground and walk around on your hands and feet.  Huge ball.  That was fun.  I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it.

http://re3.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/1/f12/623552556

It was such fun. I can't believe you got a picture of it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/28/15 at 7:40 pm

This was a fun topic from long ago.  Playground and school games from the 70s and 80s era.  I had fun rereading it.  Made me think about those childhood days again.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...