inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ever wondered where TV and movie characters would be by now?

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/26/08 at 8:06 pm

Did you ever wonder what happened to the characters after the credits rolled? Like where would they be in "their" 2008.

I'll start off with one - like with Full House. I bet DJ moved out to go to college right after the last season ended in 1995 (in fact, they even said that's what they had planned for the next season, and she was only gonna make cameo appearences) and maybe gotten a place with Steve. More than likely they'd have their own kids by now. Steph probably went to community college, so I could see her stopping in on a semi-regular basis but maybe living alone, with friends or with a boyfriend. Michelle it's hard to say (she would be about 22, so probably moved out today too).

I bet by today it would just be Danny there, and he probably would've gotten married since then (maybe to Vicki if things worked out down the road...I always hoped they would get together), and MAYBE Joey. I can see him being content with doing his comedy and anything else he was into while still living there. I never quite saw him "settling down".

Jesse would be hard to say too. I'm sure as the twins got older and started school, he and Becky would've moved out. Probably in the late '90s or so.

Subject: Re: Ever wondered where TV and movie characters would be by now?

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/26/08 at 8:16 pm

^^That sounds just about right, although I would think Joey would've long gotten married by now.  ;)

With Family Ties, I can imagine Alex making lots of money in banking (or politics!), Mallory working for a design house or having her own clothing line, Jennifer as a radio DJ, Andrew probably still in college, and of course, Steven and Elyse still together as ever, watching those old Peace Corps films.  :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/08 at 8:26 pm

Mama's Family - Vint and Naomi not naming their newborn baby "Thelma" finally sends Mama over the edge, so she decides to sell her house and move into a retirement complex, leaving Bubba to move into Vint and Naomi's motorhome.  Iola, feeling all alone now decides to sell her house, and buys a duplex to which she allows Vint, Naomi and Bubba to rent the lower apartment at a cheap rate.  

Meanwhile Mama's overbearing behaviour gets her kicked out of the retirement home, to which she moves in with Iola, thus the clan has become a close knit family once again

Or for a better twist, the family is as they should be, newborn baby "Thelma" and the clan all living at home, when suddenly there's a knock at the door.  Bubba yells "I'll get it" and as he opens the door, there stands Buzz and Sonya with mean looks on their faces.  Buzz to Bubba:  "You think you're so hot, lasting 4 seasons in syndication.  Well, Sonya and I may only have lasted 2 seasons on NBC, but we were the originals, and we're back to claim our rightful place in the principal cast".  But Bubba informs them: "But the series is over.  Finished.  You're too late".  "Aw shucks man" says Sonya

cue losing music: ♪♫ Wahp wahp wahp wahhhhhhppp ♪♫

But since there's room enough for everyone, Buzz and Sonya move back in, bringing the Harper's closer than ever

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/26/08 at 10:29 pm

Did you ever wonder what happened to the characters after the credits rolled? Like where would they be in "their" 2008.

I'll start off with one - like with Full House. I bet DJ moved out to go to college right after the last season ended in 1995 (in fact, they even said that's what they had planned for the next season, and she was only gonna make cameo appearences) and maybe gotten a place with Steve. More than likely they'd have their own kids by now. Steph probably went to community college, so I could see her stopping in on a semi-regular basis but maybe living alone, with friends or with a boyfriend. Michelle it's hard to say (she would be about 22, so probably moved out today too).

I bet by today it would just be Danny there, and he probably would've gotten married since then (maybe to Vicki if things worked out down the road...I always hoped they would get together), and MAYBE Joey. I can see him being content with doing his comedy and anything else he was into while still living there. I never quite saw him "settling down".

Jesse would be hard to say too. I'm sure as the twins got older and started school, he and Becky would've moved out. Probably in the late '90s or so.

Yeah, I think about stuff like this alot since I tend to have a high level of fandom with my favorite shows.

I pretty much agree with the assesment of FH. I would hope that both Danny and Joey would be married by now, since they would both be over 50 by now. It's kinda strange to think about, but since Danny freaked out so much when he turned 30, I wonder how he would have reacted to turning 50 last year? ;D

Of course, it's always possible that things could have turned out like the guys imagined in that one episode where they thought about what it would be like with the girls still living in the house after they grew up. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/26/08 at 11:42 pm

Mama's Family - Vint and Naomi not naming their newborn baby "Thelma" finally sends Mama over the edge, so she decides to sell her house and move into a retirement complex, leaving Bubba to move into Vint and Naomi's motorhome.  Iola, feeling all alone now decides to sell her house, and buys a duplex to which she allows Vint, Naomi and Bubba to rent the lower apartment at a cheap rate.  

Meanwhile Mama's overbearing behaviour gets her kicked out of the retirement home, to which she moves in with Iola, thus the clan has become a close knit family once again

Or for a better twist, the family is as they should be, newborn baby "Thelma" and the clan all living at home, when suddenly there's a knock at the door.  Bubba yells "I'll get it" and as he opens the door, there stands Buzz and Sonya with mean looks on their faces.  Buzz to Bubba:  "You think you're so hot, lasting 4 seasons in syndication.  Well, Sonya and I may only have lasted 2 seasons on NBC, but we were the originals, and we're back to claim our rightful place in the principal cast".  But Bubba informs them: "But the series is over.  Finished.  You're too late".  "Aw shucks man" says Sonya

cue losing music: ♪♫ Wahp wahp wahp wahhhhhhppp ♪♫

But since there's room enough for everyone, Buzz and Sonya move back in, bringing the Harper's closer than ever

OMg...that's too funny Jason! Imagine the horror of them actually naming the kid Thelma?!! I was always pissed at how that show ended.....it just screamed for more episodes after it!

Written By: nally on 06/27/08 at 12:08 am

I often wondered about that too!

DJ might've gone to community college...and possibly gotten back together with Steve (he came back in the series finale episode, when Kimmy said she "scrounged up another date" for DJ). And in real life, she got married and had a total of three kids...so maybe her pregnancies might've been written into the show.
Steph...would have finished middle school in '96 and graduated from high school in 2000 (she was two years behind me in school), and, of course, moved on in life.
Michelle...was still in the middle of elementary school when the series ended...so she would've graduated high school in 2004, and heaven knows what her character would be like at age 22.

As for Uncle Jesse's family...you're probably right, he and Becky and the twins might have finally found their own place. And the twins would currently be in their teens!

And Danny might've finally found a new woman to date...and if he got married, then the idea of him being a single father would be ruined (which is why the show's writers didn't want him to go ahead and marry Vicky in late 1993 - the middle of season 7). He would definitely be a grandpa by now, even though his character and that of Joey would be about 50 years old now. As for Joey, he may or may not still be single.

I bet they all would've moved out and it wouldn't be a "full" house anymore. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/08 at 12:56 am

OMg...that's too funny Jason! Imagine the horror of them actually naming the kid Thelma?!! I was always pissed at how that show ended.....it just screamed for more episodes after it!

I always wanted Buzz and Sonya to return.  To this day, I still find it strange that when the show became syndicated, Buzz and Sonya were never again mentioned.  It was as though Vint had no kids at all

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/08 at 1:16 am

I don't know Jesse I see a Full House redux a little differently....

DJ comes home after finally graduating college (after 10 years) because she doesn't know what to do with herself.  She never got married and although she and Steve always off again/on again there have been plenty of boyfriends in between.....Kimmie is now a successful attorney. . .  but still horny  ;D  (DJ lives in the Attic)

Steph goes to college only to find herself pregnant and moves home toddler in tow because her husband is in the military and serving in Iraq....oh yeah and she's pregnant again.  (Steph shares her old room with her 5 year old kid)

Michelle finished college in the normal 4 years and lives next door with uncle Jesse & rebecca because there is no room in the house for her.  Alex and Nicky had seperate rooms but now have to share because Michelle moved in...oh and Alex and Nick are total opposites one is the classic nerd boy the other the classic rocker/rebel....ala mom and dad.

Joey finally comes out but everyone is accepting and really no one cares...  "Uncle Eddie" is just as much a part of the family  (They live in the Basement)

Danny did finally marry Vickie because they always belonged together and they had a kid who is now 7 years old ....  (the kid sleeps in Michelle's/Jesse's/DJ's old room...ya know the room with the pink bunnies....)

I've done this with lots of shows....mostly the ones with reunion movies b/c those movies usually suck.  I have a Brady Bunch, a Facts of Life, a Leave it to Beaver, a Growing Pains and an Eight is Enough.

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/08 at 8:23 am

Kimmie is now a successful attorney. . .

I can actually see that.  She takes off her sock, and holds it to the defendant's nose until he confesses that he did the crime ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/27/08 at 12:45 pm

DJ comes home after finally graduating college (after 10 years) because she doesn't know what to do with herself.  She never got married and although she and Steve always off again/on again there have been plenty of boyfriends in between.....Kimmie is now a successful attorney. . .  but still horny  ;D   (DJ lives in the Attic)

Steph goes to college only to find herself pregnant and moves home toddler in tow because her husband is in the military and serving in Iraq....oh yeah and she's pregnant again.  (Steph shares her old room with her 5 year old kid)

Michelle finished college in the normal 4 years and lives next door with uncle Jesse & rebecca because there is no room in the house for her.  Alex and Nicky had seperate rooms but now have to share because Michelle moved in...oh and Alex and Nick are total opposites one is the classic nerd boy the other the classic rocker/rebel....ala mom and dad.

Joey finally comes out but everyone is accepting and really no one cares...  "Uncle Eddie" is just as much a part of the family  (They live in the Basement)

Danny did finally marry Vickie because they always belonged together and they had a kid who is now 7 years old ....  (the kid sleeps in Michelle's/Jesse's/DJ's old room...ya know the room with the pink bunnies....)

I've done this with lots of shows....mostly the ones with reunion movies b/c those movies usually suck.  I have a Brady Bunch, a Facts of Life, a Leave it to Beaver, a Growing Pains and an Eight is Enough.

that is TOO funny! ;D

I always wanted Buzz and Sonya to return.  To this day, I still find it strange that when the show became syndicated, Buzz and Sonya were never again mentioned.  It was as though Vint had no kids at all

Oh, I know. I mean..they weren't even mentioned again...at all. That doesn't even make sense. ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/27/08 at 2:14 pm

Yeah, I think about stuff like this alot since I tend to have a high level of fandom with my favorite shows.

I pretty much agree with the assesment of FH. I would hope that both Danny and Joey would be married by now, since they would both be over 50 by now. It's kinda strange to think about, but since Danny freaked out so much when he turned 30, I wonder how he would have reacted to turning 50 last year? ;D

Of course, it's always possible that things could have turned out like the guys imagined in that one episode where they thought about what it would be like with the girls still living in the house after they grew up. ;D

True, I wonder if Danny would be used to it by now, or even more freaked out. He looked youthful enough in some ways, but he always "acted and seemed" a little older than his true age sometimes (maybe from becoming a dad at a younger age, and having even more pressure when Pam died).

I've always been a little iffy on Joey. He seemed the least likely to settle down and get married, and even if he did, who knows, he might still live in the house.

Oh yeah I remember that episode! I'd guess that to be about 2020ish, since Michelle was probably in her thirties. I know they were just trying to be funny and exaggerated how depressing it would be, but I'd still hope none of it came true! ;D

I often wondered about that too!

DJ might've gone to community college...and possibly gotten back together with Steve (he came back in the series finale episode, when Kimmy said she "scrounged up another date" for DJ). And in real life, she got married and had a total of three kids...so maybe her pregnancies might've been written into the show.
Steph...would have finished middle school in '96 and graduated from high school in 2000 (she was two years behind me in school), and, of course, moved on in life.
Michelle...was still in the middle of elementary school when the series ended...so she would've graduated high school in 2004, and heaven knows what her character would be like at age 22.

As for Uncle Jesse's family...you're probably right, he and Becky and the twins might have finally found their own place. And the twins would currently be in their teens!

And Danny might've finally found a new woman to date...and if he got married, then the idea of him being a single father would be ruined (which is why the show's writers didn't want him to go ahead and marry Vicky in late 1993 - the middle of season 7). He would definitely be a grandpa by now, even though his character and that of Joey would be about 50 years old now. As for Joey, he may or may not still be single.

I bet they all would've moved out and it wouldn't be a "full" house anymore. :-\\

That's a good point, I never thought about that, but if it were still on the air when Candace was pregnant, they'd either have to write her out of the show, or have DJ be going through the same thing.

Somehow even if everyone moved out, Danny seems sentimental enough that he wouldn't sell the house 'cause of all the memories (remember the episode where the older guy offers them lots of money to move out because it was his house as a kid, and Danny turns it down).

I never thought about that (in the real life context of the show), but there was a certain charm to him being a single dad. Somehow I think he and Vicki would've gotten together later down the line. Maybe after she got enough money or exposure as an anchor in Chicago, she could've moved back to SF. They just seemed to have too strong of a love not to (whereas I never saw that with Joey and any woman).

Then again maybe it's wishful thinking. I always wanted them to get together...the same way I got attached to DJ and Steve.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/27/08 at 2:24 pm

DJ comes home after finally graduating college (after 10 years) because she doesn't know what to do with herself.  She never got married and although she and Steve always off again/on again there have been plenty of boyfriends in between.....Kimmie is now a successful attorney. . .  but still horny  ;D   (DJ lives in the Attic)

That's pretty funny ;D and I wanted to devote a single quote reply to it. I think when it comes to shows, we kinda imagine things the way we want them to be...so some of that sounds more plausible than my scenarios in a way, lol.

I actually could see that happening with DJ and Steve. He did come back to take her to the prom and genuinely seemed like more of a nice guy as the show progressed (I liked him more than Viper...who was like a cocky jerk rocker, or Nelson who was too much of a goody-two shoes), but who's to say if it worked out in the long term.

Kimmie being a lawyer sounds believable actually (she could talk people into almost anything), but how would she have passed the bar exam? ;D

Oh hey, that reminds me, do you remember that episdode from the early '90s where Jesse and Becky get into an argument about how they should raise the kids? Then they imagine this future (which would be like 2005) where they were young teens...and Alex was overly nerdy and a mama's boy, and Nick is a young rebel/biker in training type. I know that was exaggerated for humor, but I cant help but wonder if it might come true as far as their personalities. ;)

Written By: woops on 06/27/08 at 2:54 pm

Bud Bundy would hook up with a pop singer and try (again) to become a rapper... oh wait, that sorta happened with wannabe Kevin Federline  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/08 at 8:19 pm

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody ...

Zack and Cody grow up to be drug dealers, serving 10-life in Prison ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/08 at 8:35 pm

That's pretty funny ;D and I wanted to devote a single quote reply to it.

Thanks!

Kimmie being a lawyer sounds believable actually (she could talk people into almost anything), but how would she have passed the bar exam? ;D

well if she wants to be a successful lawyer than she'll cheat!  ;D

Oh hey, that reminds me, do you remember that episdode from the early '90s where Jesse and Becky get into an argument about how they should raise the kids? Then they imagine this future (which would be like 2005) where they were young teens...and Alex was overly nerdy and a mama's boy, and Nick is a young rebel/biker in training type. I know that was exaggerated for humor, but I cant help but wonder if it might come true as far as their personalities. ;)

I don't remember that I was only a casual observer of the show... I actually really hated it when it first aired and have only seen as many episodes as I have because of Nick @ Nite. I sleep with my TV tuned to Nick or TV Land and it seems like the show is always on when I wake up. I keep the TV on while I get ready for work so I've more partial episodes than full ones but I get the gist of it.

Written By: nally on 07/03/08 at 11:49 pm

I don't remember that I was only a casual observer of the show... I actually really hated it when it first aired and have only seen as many episodes as I have because of Nick @ Nite. I sleep with my TV tuned to Nick or TV Land and it seems like the show is always on when I wake up. I keep the TV on while I get ready for work so I've more partial episodes than full ones but I get the gist of it.

yeah, they hardly seem to air it anymore now :(

Is it on at like 6 in the morning or something now?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/04/08 at 12:08 am

yeah, they hardly seem to air it anymore now :(

Is it on at like 6 in the morning or something now?

Yeah, I think it comes on at 6, but even that's only like one or two days a week I think. :-\\

It used to come on for an hour every night at 9 though.

Written By: nally on 07/04/08 at 12:29 am

Yeah, I think it comes on at 6, but even that's only like one or two days a week I think. :-\\

yeah, I found that out from looking at our on-screen guide that comes with our digital cable system.

It used to come on for an hour every night at 9 though.

It sure did! Sunday thru Thursday nights it was on at 9...and Friday/Saturday at 10. Then they would repeat the respective episodes the following morning at 5 and 5:30 (since they usu. aired them back to back). Then in January 2007 they began to air it less and less. :(

ABC Family still shows it weekdays at noon and 3pm. Currently they are showing eps from the 4th season.

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/08 at 5:38 pm

yeah, I found that out from looking at our on-screen guide that comes with our digital cable system.

It sure did! Sunday thru Thursday nights it was on at 9...and Friday/Saturday at 10. Then they would repeat the respective episodes the following morning at 5 and 5:30 (since they usu. aired them back to back). Then in January 2007 they began to air it less and less. :(

ABC Family still shows it weekdays at noon and 3pm. Currently they are showing eps from the 4th season.

Nick started showing it again at 6 am. I have Directv so I get East Coast nick and West Coast Nick so I get the same ep at 3am and at 6am.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/04/08 at 11:42 pm

Nick started showing it again at 6 am. I have Directv so I get East Coast nick and West Coast Nick so I get the same ep at 3am and at 6am.

hey..me too! :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/08 at 3:27 pm

hey..me too! :)

Directv is awesome. . . I get east & west coast feeds for Fox,NBC & CBS... but not ABC.  So I start watching primetime at 5 pm - well I start around 5:20-  and, (with TIVO) I can still watch everything on every channel and be done by 11.   

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/01/08 at 8:54 pm

I wonder if Jay and Silent Bob would still be hanging outside stores and stuff or would they have orders of protections from just about everyone?
They are 2 of the funniest characters ever! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...