inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: celebrity hosted retrospectives of your favorite shows

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/08 at 12:18 am

I'm not talking about your regular old flashback episodes almost every show has one of those. I'm talking about a retrospective of a series hosted by a celebrity who is, in no obvious way, connected to the show.

I suppose we can include reunions hosted by celebs like: Still Brady After All these Years hosted by Jenny McCarthy
Or the retrospective/bloopers done with the Friends cast in Central Perk hosted by (was it Bob Costas? or was it Conan O'Brien? Suddenly I'm drawing a blank . . .

anyway, what really got me thinking about this was All in the Family. This morning tvland showed an episode of All in the Family that was a retrospective hosted by the late great Henry Fonda.

Then I remember Lucille Ball hosting one for Three's Company

and George Burns did one for the TV show Fame.

any others come to mind?   

Subject: Re: celebrity hosted retrospectives of your favorite shows

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/08 at 1:59 am

^ That 'Friends' one was done by Conan O'Brien

Cheers had one (split into a 2-part episode) where TV interviewer John McLaughlin gathered current cast members and past cast members on a stage, and showed clips

Recently, Al Roker gathered interviewed the cast of Family Ties (including show creator Gary David Goldberg)

I can't think of any others off hand

Subject: Re: celebrity hosted retrospectives of your favorite shows

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/08 at 10:13 am

^ That 'Friends' one was done by Conan O'Brien

Cheers had one (split into a 2-part episode) where TV interviewer John McLaughlin gathered current cast members and past cast members on a stage, and showed clips

Recently, Al Roker gathered interviewed the cast of Family Ties (including show creator Gary David Goldberg)

I can't think of any others off hand

Yeah it was one of those brain-fart moments that comes with age. . .  by the way WD if I ever get on Millionaire's TV Week you're totally gonna be my phone a friend  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...