inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV talk shows that didn't make it.

Written By: Lindee on 08/04/08 at 11:08 am

How many people had talk shows (from any decade) can you name that didn't make it?
Tempest Bledsoe
Roseanne
Gabrielle Carteris
Mark Wahlberg (who now hosts Moment of Truth)
Carnie Wilson
Megan Mullaley
Terry Bradshaw
Marilyn and Caryl (from TV show The Mommies)

Subject: Re: TV talk shows that didn't make it.

Written By: star80 on 08/04/08 at 11:29 am

I don't think I ever even got to see Tempest Bledsoe or Carnie Wilson which I wish I would have.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/04/08 at 4:15 pm

Jane Pratt had a show for a while there.  Oddly enough, I think she was replaced by Ricki Lake or it was the same studio or something.  Maybe I can find some info about it...

Written By: whistledog on 08/04/08 at 7:48 pm

Caroline Rhea.  Rosie O'Donnell made a big mistake picking her.  She's funny and all, and I am a proud supporter of fellow Canadians, but as a talk show host, she was horrible

Written By: snozberries on 08/04/08 at 9:32 pm

I don't think I ever even got to see Tempest Bledsoe or Carnie Wilson which I wish I would have.

I seem to recall Tempestt coming across as very angry on her show...but then again she grew up to be kind of an angry woman.

Both Whoopi Goldberg and Queen Latifah had talk shows too.

Written By: snozberries on 08/04/08 at 9:33 pm

oh yeah and Ryan Seacrest his talk show is about the only thing he hasn't succeeded at

How long was Keenan Ivory Wayans show on the air? I don't remember it being around that long.

Written By: woops on 08/04/08 at 11:16 pm

Tom Green, which he did a tradtional talk show for MTV that only lasted a few months

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/08 at 7:26 pm

I seem to recall Chevy Chase having a short-lived late show in the early '90s.

Charles Grodin had sort of a left-wing show in the '90s. He was trying to do what Keith Olbermann's doing now.  Grodin is a great character actor, but, like Chevy, he just didn't have the right personality for talk show!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...