inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Popular Colours of the decades

Written By: Brigitte on 09/07/08 at 5:01 pm

What were the popular colours for each decade? I remember the 70's had a bunch of earth tones like harvest gold and Avocado green and browns but what about the 40's, 50's & 60's? I'm thinking of kitchen appliances but it could be in fashions too.
50's had a lot of pink I think.

Subject: Re: Popular Colours of the decades

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/07/08 at 7:54 pm

Hi there!

I think in the 50s, like you said pink was THE color. (I've even seen old wedding cake toppers that had a the bride in pink) In the 50s and 60s, I think the colros were more relaxed and easier, like pastel pinks and soft turquises and buttery yellows. Even the appliances like stoves and fridges and mixers were soft colored like that. Before that , in the forties, I think stongers, starker colors were in like the standard white and black and things like that. In alot of old moves from the era (like Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant flicks) the kitchens kind of look like that.  :)

I hoped that helped.

Check for new replies or respond here...