inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have you ever tried something because you saw it on TV (or in a movie)

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/08 at 12:11 pm

I was just thinking. I tried Pork chops & Applesauce because of the Brady Bunch  ;D

I also drank milk & pepsi  8-P b/c of Laverne & Shirley.

I remember a scene getting pulled from the movie The Program because some stupid kids tried the stunt and someone died.  Also all those stupid people who recreated JackAss stunts....

so what- no matter how big or small- have you tried just because you saw it on TV (or in a movie)? 

Subject: Re: Have you ever tried something because you saw it on TV (or in a movie)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/30/08 at 12:35 pm

Do infomercials count?  :-[

Cat

Subject: Re: Have you ever tried something because you saw it on TV (or in a movie)

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/08 at 12:39 pm

Do infomercials count?  :-[

Cat

Magic Bullet?  ;D

sure they count b/c their on tv  ;)

Written By: karen on 09/30/08 at 12:54 pm

We all tried jumping over things on our bikes using a plank of wood and a pile of bricks as a ramp so we could be like Evil Kneivel  :-\\

I bet there are more things I just can't think of at the moment.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/30/08 at 3:59 pm

Ok, I got a REAL good one (that I'm sure Snoz would appreciate). I'm sure all of you Brady Bunch enthusiasts out there will remember the episode where they had their house on the market but the kids didn't want to move so they tried to make the house appeared to haunted and the famous "ghost down the stairs" scene. Well, we wanted to try to scare one of our sisters so we created a ghost (put a ball or something in a white sheet and tied a string around it to make a head and just let the rest of the sheet hang) and attached it to a hanger and put string running down the stairs. Ours didn't glide as well as it did on t.v. and had to keep jiggling the string so our ghost would go down. My sister's reaction? Like the rest of us, she was http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif .  I talked to one of my sisters about this just last week or so and she said that she doesn't remember it. Maybe it was my other sister who was in on it. The next time I talk to her, I am going to have to ask her about it. Maybe I'm the only one who remembers it  :-\\ (which is not unusual in my family. I have the best memory-and they all know it. They always ask me to refresh their memory. lol)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/08 at 7:17 pm

^That's hilarious! I literally laughed out loud while reading it.. Thanks!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/30/08 at 7:35 pm

I've done some stupid stuff.  :-\\

Got in trouble for throwing a shoe at a teacher, because I saw "Michael Jackson" do it in a movie once. Spent all afternoon apologizing to the preincipal and clappign earasers.

Tried doing gymanstic floor excerscises on MY BED after watching the 1996 Olympics.  Broke my bed, twice.

Tried doing a back flip off my dress across the room and landing on my  bed. Broke the bed again.

Michael Jackson got me in trouble again. I liked how he danced on top of the car in the Black or White video. Got screamed at when I danced on top of my mom Pontiac. (I'm so glad, I didn't bust the windows with a crowbar)

I busted a kid's lip when we were imitating the Power Rangers. I was the Pink Ranger and we pretended he was a Puddy, and he got his lip busted. ( I know a lot of kids who got busted lips that way)  I kicked him in the face.  :( (Sorry Kyle!)

When Hook came out in the early 90s EVERY kid I knew thought they could fly and a bunch of us ended up in the Nurses office at school for trying to "fly" off the top of the jumgle gym.

Alot of the time, I'm surprosed I'm still alive and with no broken bones at all.  ;D All thoser dumb stunts and I NEVER broke a bone!

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/08 at 7:37 pm

I've done some stupid stuff.  :-\\

Got in trouble for throwing a shoe at a teacher, because I saw "Michael Jackson" do it in a movie once. Spent all afternoon apologizing to the preincipal and clappign earasers.

Tried doing gymanstic floor excerscises on MY BED after watching the 1996 Olympics.  Broke my bed, twice.

Tried doing a back flip off my dress across the room and landing on my  bed. Broke the bed again.

Michael Jackson got me in trouble again. I liked how he danced on top of the car in the Black or White video. Got screamed at when I danced on top of my mom Pontiac. (I'm so glad, I didn't bust the windows with a crowbar)

I busted a kid's lip when we were imitating the Power Rangers. I was the Pink Ranger and we pretended he was a Puddy, and he got his lip busted. ( I know a lot of kids who got busted lips that way)  I kicked him in the face.  :( (Sorry Kyle!)

When Hook came out in the early 90s EVERY kid I knew thought they could fly and a bunch of us ended up in the Nurses office at school for trying to "fly" off the top of the jumgle gym.

Alot of the time, I'm surprosed I'm still alive and with no broken bones at all.  ;D All thoser dumb stunts and I NEVER broke a bone!

Wow... with that resume you could be working in Hollywood right now as a stunt double!  ;D

that's funny stuff.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/08 at 12:00 am

I hitchhiked all the way to the Alamo to see if my stolen bicycle with the James Bond kinda stuff on it was hidden in the basement!
:-[

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/08 at 12:02 am

I hitchhiked all the way to the Alamo to see if my stolen bicycle with the James Bond kinda stuff on it was hidden in the basement!
:-[

did you wind up shaking hands with little max in a theater too?  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/08 at 10:06 pm

When I was a kid, one of my idols was Peter Scolari.  Apart from acting, he is a qualified circus arts performer, and sometimes showcased his juggling skills on 'Newhart'.  I would watch in awe at how cool it would be to juggle, so I decided to learn, and now I can juggle.  Just small circular objects for now, I'm still working on the bowling pins LOL

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/08 at 10:07 pm

When I was a kid, one of my idols was Peter Scolari.  Apart from acting, he is a qualified circus arts performer, and sometimes showcased his juggling skills on 'Newhart'.  I would watch in awe at how cool it would be to juggle, so I decided to learn, and now I can juggle.  Just small circular objects for now, I'm still working on the bowling pins LOL

that's cool. I have tried juggling but never put much work into it so I fake juggle.

Written By: woops on 10/02/08 at 2:43 pm

Making own  "Best" & "Worst" music video lists

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/08 at 3:22 pm

Making own  "Best" & "Worst" music video lists

woo living dangerously huh  ;)  ;D 

Check for new replies or respond here...